BTW Deco Add-on (pre-release v0.4.5 - updated 6/11)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
kaos78414

Re: BTW Deco Add-on ( pre-release v0.4 - updated 5/5)

Post by kaos78414 »

Briali wrote:About to update to 0.4 and while I'm here, wanted to bring a few things to your attention:

- The candle (because it is based on the torch, which is one pixel taller) has a texture issue where the top of it only has one pixel. Perhaps make it one pixel taller?
- The mead barrel can also be made with stone siding.

Thank you for all the work you have put into this mod, I recently installed it into my main world and am loving it. Also WOO, GRAVESTONES!
The mead barrel issue was fixed in this release. As to the candle thing, I'll look into it. Glad you like it, man! :)

EDIT: Also, to everyone. There's a known issue with this release. I fudged something somewhere and the bee's now fly extremely high up if spawned in an open area. I'll fix that for the next release.
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

The graves HAD to be made with ghast tears... :(
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Yamboyz1 wrote:The graves HAD to be made with ghast tears... :(
Muahaha. I don't think I'll be changing that, either. Happy hunting! :P
Lusewing

Post by Lusewing »

Might it be possible for bees to not spawn at night? In RL (and yes I know minecraft is not RL) bees don't fly at night and while it might not be linked but I can never seem to find fireflies when i have bees around.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Hey, kaos, guess what?
I've made some 128x textures for 0.4 :D.

Haybales:
Spoiler
Show
Graveyard (with wrought iron rails and iron lanterns):
Spoiler
Show
Hope you like them. They are available on my TP thread here :).

Enjoy!
Eriotto
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
johnt

Post by johnt »

I think it might be fun to have a random chance of spawning a gravestone where you die.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

johnt wrote:I think it might be fun to have a random chance of spawning a gravestone where you die.
This could result into suicide gravestone farms.
But It would be cool if the gravestone attracts zombies and maybe raises the zombie spawning at night. This would be cool for graveyards.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Elevatator wrote:
johnt wrote:I think it might be fun to have a random chance of spawning a gravestone where you die.
This could result into suicide gravestone farms.
But It would be cool if the gravestone attracts zombies and maybe raises the zombie spawning at night. This would be cool for graveyards.
This produces a more logical zombie/skelly farm. I like this idea a lot more than a big dark room with a funnel in the middle.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
johnt

Post by johnt »

Oh I like the idea of gravestones spawning zombies and skeletons so much more.
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

It's not a bad idea, but it would allow the player to create *overpowered* mob farms where you'd able to get huge loads of loot and XP in a short amount of time due to the fact that you'd be able to customize the amount of zombies and skeletons that would be spawning.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Yamboyz1 wrote:It's not a bad idea, but it would allow the player to create *overpowered* mob farms where you'd able to get huge loads of loot and XP in a short amount of time due to the fact that you'd be able to customize the amount of zombies and skeletons that would be spawning.
And nobody can do this already...

>.>
<.<

Even vanilla allows players to create ridiculous xp farms with very little effort. At least it would make more sense with some gravestones about.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

That would basically be being able to place your own spawn cage. I agree that would be overpowered.

And as to attracting existing mobs, remember FC's caveat that blocks that effect mob behavior require extensive base class modifications and aren't worth the effort.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Nekhs

Post by Nekhs »

Unrelated to the discussion at hand about gravestones and mob spawning -

This mod made me kind of excited about my btw worlds again. Thank you.
Check my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/nekhs.
It's usually on sometime between 12AM-3:30AM CST.
Sorry if I don't immediately reply in chat, I'm usually too busy playing the game to notice.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Lusewing wrote:Might it be possible for bees to not spawn at night? In RL (and yes I know minecraft is not RL) bees don't fly at night and while it might not be linked but I can never seem to find fireflies when i have bees around.
This was fixed in 0.4. If it's not working please let me know, they should no longer spawn in the dark, and they despawn in low light levels. It doesn't check for night/day however because I'm trying not to break any existing automated systems.
Eriottosan wrote:-snip-
Oh man, looks awesome! Nice work Eriotto :)
All the gravestone suggestions
Don't worry guys, I've got something planned for those. :D
Nekhs wrote:Unrelated to the discussion at hand about gravestones and mob spawning -

This mod made me kind of excited about my btw worlds again. Thank you.
Cool man! I'm glad you like it!
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Meanwhile, is there any way for fireflies to check for open sky before spawning? I've gotten some weird instances of fireflies spawning in my mines, my castle, and in large caverns.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

TheAnarchitect wrote:Meanwhile, is there any way for fireflies to check for open sky before spawning? I've gotten some weird instances of fireflies spawning in my mines, my castle, and in large caverns.
Yeah I've noticed that myself. Will fix for next release.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Kaos, can you tell how you disabled the farmland trample thing? Only if its not too complicated... I'm just curious, considering the code I posted had even javadoc comments saying it was designed to do that specifically....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

kaos78414 wrote: Oh man, looks awesome! Nice work Eriotto :)
Thanks, man :). I'm really enjoying playing around with your add-on, but I'm gonna have to limit myself as my new main world isn't ready for BTW 4.0 yet, and I don't want to use your add-on on it until the ids are official.
But it is *very* hard to stop playing on my world with all my cherry trees and bees &c :).
Keep up the good work :).
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

jorgebonafe wrote:Kaos, can you tell how you disabled the farmland trample thing? Only if its not too complicated... I'm just curious, considering the code I posted had even javadoc comments saying it was designed to do that specifically....
Well because it's a flying mob, that code doesn't get called for it. I had to overwrite a function from Entity.class called updateFallState. This function seems to only work with farmland right now, so only that was affected. Just commented out a line of code:
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

/**
     * Takes in the distance the entity has fallen this tick and whether its on the ground to update the fall distance
     * and deal fall damage if landing on the ground.  Args: distanceFallenThisTick, onGround
     */
    protected void updateFallState(double par1, boolean par3)
    {
        if (par3)
        {
            if (fallDistance > 0.0F)
            {

int i = MathHelper.floor_double(posX);
                int j = MathHelper.floor_double(posY - 0.20000000298023224D - (double)yOffset);
                int k = MathHelper.floor_double(posZ);
                int l = worldObj.getBlockId(i, j, k);

if (l == 0 && worldObj.getBlockId(i, j - 1, k) == Block.fence.blockID)
                {
                    l = worldObj.getBlockId(i, j - 1, k);
                }

if (l > 0)
                {
                    //Block.blocksList[l].onFallenUpon(worldObj, i, j, k, this, fallDistance);
                }

fall(fallDistance);
                fallDistance = 0.0F;
            }
        }
        else if (par1 < 0.0D)
        {
            fallDistance -= par1;
        }
    }
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

kaos78414 wrote:snip
Ah, interesting!... I was wondering why that hadn't worked..

I wonder if there's a similar code in the chicken class so they don't trample farmland....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

Hemp Oil will be required for various crafting recipes in the future, but for now contributes to making stains. Craft it from hemp seeds:
Spoiler
Show
Glass bottle + hemp seeds
I´m sorry if someone else alredy mentioned the following idear:

I´m not rely happy with your recipe for "Hemp Oil" , because imho it is to easy for BTW-style. Imho the "Hemp Seeds" should be put in the "Mill Stone" to obtain "Not refined Hemp Oil" if this is then put in a "Brewing Stand" you receive the "Hemp Oil" you want.
instead of using the "Brewing Stand" maybe you could put the "Not refined Hemp Oil" inside a "Stewing Pot" along with some "Glass Bottles".

I know this will make thing more complicate but maybe you like to make things a bit more realistic.
whitechaos35

Post by whitechaos35 »

jorgebonafe wrote:
kaos78414 wrote:snip
Ah, interesting!... I was wondering why that hadn't worked..

I wonder if there's a similar code in the chicken class so they don't trample farmland....
No, chickens manage to keep their fall distance low enough so that the farmland can't be trampled.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

akantorJojo wrote:
<snip>
akantorJojo, there was a big discussion previously about obtaining hemp oil. The problem is that atm, there are only hooks for some of the BTW processes, and there isn't currently a hook for the millstone. As such, kaos can't add recipes to the mill stone yet. Anvil, stewing pot and crucible recipes (I think this is right) are the only things that can be added at the minute.

So yes, it's a valid thought, but atm the current production method is the best available :).
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Oh what a pain this was to do, but I finally fixed up the wrought iron lantern rendering, looks much better IMO:
Spoiler
Show
Panda

Post by Panda »

Oh dumpster bunnys! I forgot to include the new textures for this update in my pack!! D: Please no beat me...
Never say no to Panda.