Eureka!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BinoAl

Re: Eureka!

Post by BinoAl »

Urian wrote:
BinoAl wrote: Really? I seem to remember you being taken by surprise that the detector block saw rain
Nah, I remember there being a bit of testing if it could detect snow as well (unless my memory fails, I was one of the few active posters back then who had his base in a snow biome so that was probably my first contribution to the thread :p ).
Aha, alright. My bad :p
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

I have a question about the Lens block's coding.

In the 3.50 release thread someone was asking about why the lightbeam didn't pass glassblocks or panes.
FC, you replied that it wasn't possible technically; although you mentioned that the block only checks the beam's path for collisions; can't you implement an exeption that "skips" glass blocks/panes and allow the beam to "continue" to the next block?

I would have posted in that thread but it got locked so i guess this is the second best thing.
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Flesh_Engine wrote:I would have posted in that thread but it got locked so i guess this is the second best thing.
True, this thread can be locked too :)

I don't discuss implementation details man. Occasionally, if I have something I'm particularly excited about, I share it, and usually wind up regretting it like I am right now.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

For one time only:

Consider 3 glass blocks in a row. Beam passing through all three. Middle one is removed. How is that detected with your proposed system?

I've spent about 10 months thinking this one over man, and am pretty intimately familiar with the MC code-base now. There's more details than I can count that went into the Lens system, and I don't want to debate each one.