[4.30] Jade Dragon Realm --Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
The Phoenixian

Re: [4.15] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy)

Post by The Phoenixian »

The upcoming reset and the possibility of a finite world intrigues me and I would like to request to be added to the whitelist.

Name in Minecraft is "Phoenixian"

And yes I have read, understood, and agree with the rules against X-ray, move hacks, and related tools.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

I'm not sure I'd mess with spawn too much: we still don't know what hardcore spawning is going to look like.

In fact, in general FC is on a fricken roll right now with drastic game-changing updates. Hardcore everything is going on right now, followed by the return to the return to home. It's probably best to consider everything we're doing as practice, and accept that we might reset our worlds from scratch a few times during this turbulent era.

The more I think about a hunger games scenario, the funner it sounds. Jade, it gives you the excuse to be totally capricious in spawning monster hordes, creating secret supply caches for people to find, and the like. In fact, you could put a couple of chests at spawn, and whenever you log onto the server you could spawn a few high-value items (like some diamonds, or some arcane scrolls) and put them in the chests. That will attract people to spawn to get the loot, which means people will want to stick closer to spawn, leading to more interaction in general.

Some other things to consider:

Non-renewable resources will actually be finite. once the entire diamond layer is mined out, for example, the only further source of diamonds will be Jade's capricious whims. If we go the daily drops at spawn route, then resource shortages could have an interesting effect.

The scale difference between the nether and the overworld means that you'll either have to restrict the nether to a much smaller area, or you'll have to figure out how to make nether portals not go outside the wall. There are some problems with an extra-small nether, though. Netherack will be a finite resource, and groth could infest the whole thing. It's also, according to sterlingred, surprisingly easy to funnel a 5km x 5km overworld area into trapped gates. On the other hand, I don't know how technically possible it is to change how gates place you, so we may be stuck with a small nether scenario.

Not having a mushroom biome would prevent the creation of groth. That might be a good thing, if we do have a small nether.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
KittenToaster

Post by KittenToaster »

I'd be interested to see how BTW plays out on a SMP PvP server.

So, requesting a whitelist username = KittenToaster

Rules are accepted as stated in the OP.

Thanks Jade ;)
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Personally, I'd like to find myself in opposition to you Anarchitect: Seeing what springs from the moderator's capricious whims is all well and good but this scenario also brings to mind the old thread about the fiction walled in sever and I'd like to see what activity those limited resources inspire before the possibility of added resources comes into play.

Having an endless or partial void as a viable building area might also be interesting. I'm not sure how viable a skytrap style waterless mob farm (and perhaps more importantly, sorting system) is, but should it happen that it is not viable then it would be entertaining to see how interactions would play out with skyblocked players who are still chained to the mainland by the hardcore buckets water system.

Assuming anyone is crazy enough to try of course.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Six

Post by Six »

I'm all for a fresh restart if others are happy with it. You have to realize though, with a 10km x 10km size it would take a loooong time for limited resources to become a problem, so that probably wont even come up. It would also be good to have an expected lifespan of the map stated from the start, say 1 or two months, after which there would be another wipe and restart.

As for making a more interesting spawn, how big is the protected spawn area on a map? I'm not so sure the hardcore spawning would conflict with this, as it sound to be more along the lines of respawning the player with some kind of debuff, or at least something that stops them from being killed by someone and running straight back to keep fighting.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

[quote="jadedcat"]Honestly if it wasn't BTW I could use mcedit and attempt to delete chunks that have been loaded with the current map. However doing that with BTW gives a high probability of everyone losing all BTW stuff. [Quote]
Just make a backup of the world, and try it. Never once have I had an issue with MCEdit and BTW, and I've done it many times since I started to play BTW, in early Beta 1.7.3. For the same reason it is forward compatible with MC versions, it can load the BTW blocks. It just displays them as a "future block", and puts a set 'unknown' texture to it. Nothing bad happens. Same with items in chests; it just displays them as "unknown item", but still keeps everything intact. Just try it after a backup.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

dawnraider wrote:
jadedcat wrote:Honestly if it wasn't BTW I could use mcedit and attempt to delete chunks that have been loaded with the current map. However doing that with BTW gives a high probability of everyone losing all BTW stuff.
Just make a backup of the world, and try it. Never once have I had an issue with MCEdit and BTW, and I've done it many times since I started to play BTW, in early Beta 1.7.3. For the same reason it is forward compatible with MC versions, it can load the BTW blocks. It just displays them as a "future block", and puts a set 'unknown' texture to it. Nothing bad happens. Same with items in chests; it just displays them as "unknown item", but still keeps everything intact. Just try it after a backup.

I have attempted this... it crashes with the message "world is too large"
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
TexasRed

Post by TexasRed »

I killed havok....

http://puu.sh/18Sz7

When does my poop arrive?
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

woot! Story please! :p

...Cyclone will be pleased xD
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Don't you hate when hindsight is 20/20? There were multiple times in the encounter where I could have run a way or rearmed myself, but I check the house like an idiot >.<
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

So I'd just like to put in my two cents as far as the potential server restart. I havn't seen the option for clan islands, or general organized clan setup for a while, so I'm assuming it's not really being considered anymore, but I really like the idea. It would allow for many players to condense themselves into a smaller area, limiting the amount of space needed. I clan islands would probably be the best option for this in my opinion. I know I havn't been on the server, but I've always desperately wanted some sort of organized clan-based anarchy, and if it happened, pretty much all my free time(which unfortunately isn't a whole lot) would go into this.

Anyways, like I said, just my two cents.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Six

Post by Six »

Rianaru wrote:So I'd just like to put in my two cents as far as the potential server restart. I havn't seen the option for clan islands, or general organized clan setup for a while, so I'm assuming it's not really being considered anymore, but I really like the idea. It would allow for many players to condense themselves into a smaller area, limiting the amount of space needed. I clan islands would probably be the best option for this in my opinion. I know I havn't been on the server, but I've always desperately wanted some sort of organized clan-based anarchy, and if it happened, pretty much all my free time(which unfortunately isn't a whole lot) would go into this.

Anyways, like I said, just my two cents.
I always thought people teaming up was just something which just naturally emerged in anarchy play over time. I was pretty quick to form up a small team on the current server after starting. I find it makes SMP a lot more fun when you have a few people working together.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

The current plan .. assuming I can get the maps to cooperate :

I am generating a not so pretty world with limited biomes. Only one of each type. I and some people who do not play on the server will make sure its populated with villagers dungeons etc. The map size currently is 7000 diameter. Plenty of room. However there will be some surprises and lots of reasons to team up and defend resources. Everyone will start fresh. I hope to have it go live on Saturday.

I do have a back story worked out and will give it to y'all when the server is closer to going live. My goal is to make things a wee bit more tricky in comparison to the old world. Bounties will still occur and who knows what other weird ideas I may come up with.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Would you mind whitelisting me? I'm interested in trying an anarchy server although I probably won't start playing until after the reset is figured out and i can see what the rules/situation is going to be. IGN is same as forum name.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

I would love to be whitelisted for after the reset as well. Gonna be interesting to see if I stand a chance against the experienced pre reset crowd. :)
Rules as stated in the OP are accepted.
IGN: WhispOnRampage
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Sarudak you have been whitelisted. Whisp I'll add you now.
FlowerChild wrote:
bazilshep

Post by bazilshep »

I would also like to try out anarchy, and it seems that the reset is a good time to get in on this server. IGN is the same. I accept the rules as stated in the op.
Marty

Post by Marty »

I've been reading the chat in IRC about your server and it looks like it would be a lot of fun. Plus the upcoming fresh start will be a great time to get in on this.
I'd like to request whitelist please, IGN Marty137.

I've read the rules and agree to the no xray/hacking.

Thanks!
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

What is the deal with inventories being transferred?
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

dawnraider wrote:What is the deal with inventories being transferred?
jadedcat wrote:Everyone will start fresh.
I can't wait! Though I won't be able to join in the fun until Sunday afternoon at the earliest.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

This is how Tex killed me, from my point of view.

Code: Select all

(6:52:15 PM)  Havok: So, I set up a trapped base at Origin, with a tnt fall at the front door, then a vinetrap hall way leading to a kill fall and a cave   system.
	(6:52:33 PM) Anbaric: Cool
	(6:52:50 PM) Havok: I was hiding in the nearby jungle, waiting for someone to show up, and I had put all of my stuff in a chest buried in the ground.
	(6:53:35 PM) Havok: I logged in, waited a while, and dug out of the hole I was hiding in. Immediately, something fires an arrow at me. I check for skeles, but see any.           
	(6:54:56 PM) Havok: I start digging up the chest, when another arrow fires at me. I check the mountain, and there's Texas, sniping with a bow.
	(6:55:27 PM) Havok: I panic, and start to swim over to the house, because the cave system leads to the other side of the mountain and out.
	(6:56:14 PM) Havok: I get past the fall drop, and the tnt had already been set off. I'm on the other side of the mountain after running past a ton of mobs.
	(6:57:11 PM) Havok: I hit sunshine, and decide, instead of running, to go back to the fake base to check things out. When I get to ~5 blocks from the front door, Texas comes out and kills me.
	(6:57:21 PM) Anbaric: Lol
	(6:58:12 PM) Havok: If I hadn't panicked, I could have either run, gotten my diamond Sharp I knockback I sword, Power I bow and 15 rotten arrows, or hid.
	(6:58:25 PM) Havok: Instead, I go unarmed to the house >.<
	(6:58:56 PM) Anbaric: Diamond sword?
	(6:59:03 PM) Anbaric: No SFS?
	(6:59:06 PM) Havok: The worst part is, if he had checked the area I started in, he would have found the chest I left exposed with all of my stuff in it
	(6:59:19 PM) Havok: No SFS, and you can't really enchant them for combat ATM
	(6:59:47 PM) Havok: I could have used the sword to knock him back, then fired the bow until he was dead, or I ran out, then knock him back again
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
StarsintheSky

Post by StarsintheSky »

In anticipation of the server reset I went through my belongings to see what I would most like to take along (I know that we are all starting from scratch, don't worry) and it was an interesting exercise, like it always is when it's time to pick up and move.

So here are the items that I would have packed in my immigration suitcase before leaving this land for good:
Spoiler
Show
I'm looking forward to starting over and I hope to see all of you on the other side!

Also, just my two cents, but one thing that gets me excited about SMP is forming factions and contending for real estate. I look forward to this new, finite world and the shoulder-bumping it will inevitably force upon us all.
IGN: Beschaulichkeit
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

aye, I too enjoy factions. So I have decided to take a preemptive step in that direction.

I believe that since there are 3 strongholds in the world, there should be three factions. Each faction is to seek out a stronghold and defend it from the others. Each faction should have some form of hierarchy, but it is not necessary. But to make things simpler, there should at least be a defined leader so that the factions have someone to rally behind. But it is up to each faction what privileges(if any) said 'leader' would have.

I think inorder to maintain some sense of what is going on, ppl should chose a faction here in this topic so that it may be easy to see who is an ally and who is to be killed on sight.

If this goes over well, jade could implement various objectives and rewards for achieving certain accomplishments as a group.

So far, I would suggest that I and havok each be faction leaders. Anyone want to be the leader of the third group?
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

CycloneSP wrote:aye, I too enjoy factions. So I have decided to take a preemptive step in that direction.

I believe that since there are 3 strongholds in the world, there should be three factions. Each faction is to seek out a stronghold and defend it from the others. Each faction should have some form of hierarchy, but it is not necessary. But to make things simpler, there should at least be a defined leader so that the factions have someone to rally behind. But it is up to each faction what privileges(if any) said 'leader' would have.

I think inorder to maintain some sense of what is going on, ppl should chose a faction here in this topic so that it may be easy to see who is an ally and who is to be killed on sight.

If this goes over well, jade could implement various objectives and rewards for achieving certain accomplishments as a group.

So far, I would suggest that I and havok each be faction leaders. Anyone want to be the leader of the third group?

are you sure there are 3 strongholds.... *evil laughter*...
FlowerChild wrote:
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

you... you wouldn't!!!
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain