Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FaceFoiled

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by FaceFoiled »

I was sadly not able to find the nether saved myself, I sent in a ticket to see what can be done. Dynmap is running again, mcmmo will be sorted tonight.
Zaikantos

Post by Zaikantos »

Are you still whitelisting people?

If so, I'd like to join.

IGN: Zaikantos
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Zaikantos wrote:Are you still whitelisting people? If so, I'd like to join.
IGN: Zaikantos
Welcome to Edolas :)

The Edolas server ip is: 83.222.240.184:30765
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Sad news, as the nether can sadly not be restored. The nether and end are not being backed up. :/ Sorry :(
Mac

Post by Mac »

That are really sad news.
But o well, live goes on.
In any case this link might
be helpful for the future.
My Youtube channel.

Mac

Post by Mac »

Well, seeing as the "old" nether cannot be restored.
I want to ask if anyone has an idea of how to get the portal system
working "properly" again.

Just as an example of how it currently works:
If one enters the colab portal and goes straight back through
the nether portal he came, he will end up over the ocean a bit west of
the hangar like building.

I know it might sound crazy, but maybe a complete reset might do the trick.
But in any case since this is a community server, I want to ask
what everyone else thinks and if they also have some ideas of
how to clear this situation.
Maybe there even is a solution that isn't as drastic as the one I mentioned.
My Youtube channel.

FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I think the portals in the nether have to be replaced again in the correct places. I think Kat explained it recently that it is: the "world" coords devided by 8. Place the portal in those coords in the nether, and it links to the one in the world.

I can help and provide mats and support to get this sorted again, as I understand some people quite like the nether. =)
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

The X and Z coordinates in the overworld divided by 8, FF means. I don't think the Y needs to be the same, but it doesn't hurt.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Heya everybody!!

It's been a while since I've been around on Edolas, but I have been rather distracted. :P I just got a new monitor and I had to test that baby out with some Battlefield 3 goodness. And wow, 120hz really does make quite a difference compared to my old 60hz screen. I know that technically our eyes don't go above 60fps anyway (or something like that), but in regards to ghosting and motion blur.. it's amazing. =)

Also tested the nvidia 3d vision2 out. It's mainly a novilty, but thought I would get a monitor that supported it to play around with. I love gadgets, and wanted to test the 3d out. :D I have not really adjusted/fine-tuned the settings yet for my own preferences/eyes, but it's quite amazing. I played a bit of BF3 with it and Skyrim, and the 3d aspects and how it shows is quite awesome.

BF3 did not really suit me, sniping it was fantastic (zoomed in), but whilst running around I would get annoyed :P (the indicatos above players/names would "float" more to the front of the screen and not above the actual players and things like that). OH well!

Had my weekend fix of that, so back to minecraft for me. =) iConomy was requested, so that will be added again. In addition I will once more add MCMMO, which I sadly forgot to add over the weekend (which I previously promised, sorry :().

The Dynmap appears to have been fully rendered again, this time on medium resolution. I did like the high res and might try that out again at some point, but for now I am leaving it like this and monitor the "lag" to see if it is smoother now. In addition I will enable the chat log on that tonight, so you can scroll throught he last ..100 (i think) lines of chat, as that appears to have been rather popular. :)

So, tonight:
MCMMO
iConomy
DynMap chat log

Enjoy! :)
Mac

Post by Mac »

Big thanks to dark_tundra,
for getting the portal system back to work
properly again.

And I'm exited about the reimplementation
of the plug-ins. Please also add the lockette
if you don't mind.

All in all, everything is kinda back to normal again.
Again big thanks to dark_tundra for
his efford. :)
My Youtube channel.

Zhil

Post by Zhil »

FaceFoiled wrote:I know that technically our eyes don't go above 60fps anyway (or something like that), but in regards to ghosting and motion blur.. it's amazing. =)
I think you're messing up some concepts.

We can't see the difference between images above about 25fps, so anything above that looks like video and is accepted to us. Another important thing is consistency. A game that gets a steady 30fps will look perfect, while a game that jumps in framerate between 45 and 60fps will look choppy. Games that go above your monitor refresh rate for fps can jump framerate, since you won't notice it anyway. So, for a 120Hz monitor, you have to be a little more careful to get stable framerates, though it isn't as obvious as in the lower ranges.

The last thing that is less noticeable is that eye strain is involved, though it depends on people. For me, for example, 60Hz looks fine, while 75Hz plays tricks on me. In general though, a higher refresh rate should provide less eye strain, even if you don't notice the difference. And then there's ghosting and motion blur of course. Ghosting is usually eliminated by a better refresh rate or a quality monitor, while motion blur is an effect that can effectively halve your FPS to the eyes, so it's important that you get a higher refresh rate to get a perfect experience.

Hehe, sorry for the rant, felt like typing that up :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

So if I were to use optifine and put the FPS on smooth it would "feel" higher?
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Husbag3 wrote:So if I were to use optifine and put the FPS on smooth it would "feel" higher?
Yeah, that's why that option is there really. In general, you get a lower overall framerate with smooth, but as long as it stays above 30, it should feel smoother than a higher, but inconsistent framerate.

Eyes are tricky things though, play around with it and pick what you like, that's important. Don't buy into pre-conceived notions of what other gamers tell you you should like.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Lockette, iConomy, ChestShop, MCMMO, DynMap chat - all addex/corrected.
Third post on this thread (page 1) adjusted to reflect the plugin details (apart from MMO).

Let me know if you find something not working or without permissions. Or if you want anything else. =)
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

so yeah accidentally upgraded my MC without thinking, and come to find out, if u replace ur monecraft jar with ur spoutcraft jar u can down grade ur client with ease, as long as u havnt upgraded spoutcraft as well or vice versa.
Zaikantos

Post by Zaikantos »

FrostMcloud wrote:so yeah accidentally upgraded my MC without thinking, and come to find out, if u replace ur monecraft jar with ur spoutcraft jar u can down grade ur client with ease, as long as u havnt upgraded spoutcraft as well or vice versa.
Minecraft Nostalgia can downgrade to 1.0.0 as well. That's what I did when I updated on accident ;)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Thanks for those updates. :) Unfortunately there is still no RC build out for 1.1 (bukkit build). There are a few snapshots out by now, so I am guessing that a stable RC build should be out very soon.
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

Just want to leave a message for dark_tundra, there's a lot of smooth stone on my island and a little bit of dirt in the chest labelled 'Building Materials' for you to use :)

edit: over 20 stacks of stone
Mac

Post by Mac »

Just a small message:

I have build nether highway, tying together most of the portals.
It provides a safe passage between these locations, without ghasts trying to blow you
to smithereens.
It still has some portals to cover yet, but i am working on that.
My Youtube channel.

Razzle

Post by Razzle »

Just wondering if anyone else can't access Edolas? The dynamic map also won't load.
Zaikantos

Post by Zaikantos »

Razzle wrote:Just wondering if anyone else can't access Edolas? The dynamic map also won't load.
I can't connect either. I had connection problems yesterday too (when I was killed by that creeper) but it was just for a minute and dynmap was still online. And you were still on server.
Interesting.
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

It's up again :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

The server was shutdown automatically last night, as it was "dying too often" (the actual reason for the shutdown).

I've started it up again and it's all running once again. I've send a support mail to find out what is wrong, and hopefully find a way to prevent this.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

can you whiteliste me?
my nick in game is: nazo327689
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Got a response to my support ticket: "The failure to query issue should now be resolved."
They are very talkative ^_^

Let's hope for the best. :)
maxsi wrote:nazo327689
Added nazo327689 to white-list