<pours one on the curb for timber and stone>

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: <pours one on the curb for timber and stone>

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote:Though I'd hold off on dwarf fortress for now, since it looks very much like it's getting a update fairly soon, judging my the various bits of info given out.
Is any of that fortress mode related though, or is it all adventure mode bs? I've largely lost interest in following its development anymore given the huge adventure-mode tangent toady has been on. That aspect of the game just doesn't interest me.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Also he hasn't released in soooo long. It's like he's back to his two year release cycle :P
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

It's a bit of both, as I understand it. From the updates I've been reading, there was some work done so that the kind of stuff that's currently only happening in worldgen will happen in the background while playing fortress mode.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

The sieges are more dynamic. Armies are now tracked 'off-screen', and areas can become occupied. It's all pretty extensive, so Cliff Notes isn't really possible.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fair enough. I'll make sure to give it a try again when it's released, but I get the impression that most of that "background" stuff will have very little impact on fortress mode gameplay.

I'm not really one of those players that trips on all the background stuff going on in the world. It largely just strikes me as fluff that I can take or leave.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

A lot of the little changes in adventure mode will be making it into the fortress mode simply because of how the game works if I've read things right. Stuff like creatures being able to climb or surrender might seem like adventure mode fluff, but things in fortress mode will do them too - you just don't directly control it.

And there's been a whole year of these changes, more or less. Not to mention the multi-tile trees becoming standard.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.