Question about creating a mod.

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
haphazardnuke

Re: Question about creating a mod.

Post by haphazardnuke »

I haven't looked at the minecraft code base in a couple versions, and never the audio sections, but I had a thought.

There are lots of games, FPS especially, where there is an option to enable chat-logging of sounds played.
For example, in Valve's Portal 2, you can get messages like " [turret] Searching! " when you enter their line of sight.

This seems like a relatively simple way to do it; not sure how Minecraft handles chat messages, but FC does a similar thing with the windmill placement... sound warnings would just be a lot more frequent, so I don't know how that would affect performance.
PizzaSHARK wrote:It's fun trying to quietly assassinate your kids and family members
OldMarriedDude

Re: Question about creating a mod.

Post by OldMarriedDude »

Im thinking about leaning away from chat warnings and using a visual representation, simply because nobody really wants to see a wall of text.

EDIT: Just to let you guys know I am far more out of practice than i realized. So I am brushing up my skills before I attempt this.