Personally Satisfying Aspects of BTW?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
johnt

Re: Personally Satisfying Aspects of BTW?

Post by johnt »

BlackCat wrote:So I've thought about this for a while, and a recent conversation on the IRC had me wondering: What is it in BTW that really gives you the greatest feeling of satisfaction?

I've seen people build enormous mobtraps and be so ecstatic that they can hardly even put it into words, yet at the same time I often see people having the same reaction after building some snazzy contraption that takes up very little space.

Personally, I absolutely love the intellectual stimulation of the advanced redstone mechanisms, and mechanical contraptions that are possible with BTW, it's a feeling that I can't really put into words.

Just sort of wondered about this, I'm interested to see what the rest of the community thinks.

And to FC, a great many thanks for all the hard work you put into making this mod really satisfying and creative.
Getting automatic pottery and soul urn collection working for me. Also building an elevator system. I really like stuff that involves 'programming' red-stone, not just figuring out how to get mechanical power from place to place or the logistics of moving items around.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Personally Satisfying Aspects of BTW?

Post by Sarudak »

When I build my automated system I tend to just jury rig them until they work enough that I'm content. I don't generally worry about making them small or extendable. Usually when I decide I need more output I just build a bigger/more efficient one somewhere else...