Countdown to 1.0!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
ilovekintoki

Re: Countdown to 1.0!

Post by ilovekintoki »

Hey guys, the stream has begun.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

For those who don't have IRC apps, here is a webchat version:

http://cbe001.chat.mibbit.com/?server=i ... nel=%23btw
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Not gonna lie, I find the girl with the pink hair quite annoying. I almost immediately muted the stream and I'm waiting for someone/something else to be shown.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Mason11987 wrote:Not gonna lie, I find the girl with the pink hair quite annoying. I almost immediately muted the stream and I'm waiting for someone/something else to be shown.
Meh, they could put a swedish bum on there and I'd listen. I don't get annoyed quickly.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

Aww yeah, the big guy himself has arrived.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

I want a giant novelty switch...
SCIENCE!
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Well, now there's a cobalt panel on the livestream.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

So apparently 1.0 is out now.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Brethern wrote:So apparently 1.0 is out now.
It released right after the livestream.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Y'know, I thought the change to 1.0 would be some huge event, with awesomeness and pastry.

I'm currently very underwhelmed with 1.0 :|
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

FlowerChild wrote:
Brethern wrote:So apparently 1.0 is out now.
It released right after the livestream.
Would you believe that I didn't know till I made that post.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote:Y'know, I thought the change to 1.0 would be some huge event, with awesomeness and pastry.

I'm currently very underwhelmed with 1.0 :|
It really is just RC 2 with a few bug fixes man. From what I can tell, nothing major has changed, and the thread on MCF about it seems to confirm that.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

One nice thing I just noticed about 1.0:

While wolves seem to be just as rare (or at least they were in RC2), they no longer seem to despawn when you leave the area.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

...colored sheep now give birth to sheep of the same color. So much for the problem with blue dye :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

on the above note, I think they should have made sheep retain their original color when breeding them, instead of producing offspring of whatever color you happen to dye them.

This would have made naturally occurring colored sheep an actual resource, making them a cool find.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FlowerChild wrote:on the above note, I think they should have made sheep retain their original color when breeding them, instead of producing offspring of whatever color you happen to dye them.

This would have made naturally occurring colored sheep an actual resource, making them a cool find.
One of the potential fixes for the new BTW perhaps? :P
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jorgebonafe wrote: One of the potential fixes for the new BTW perhaps? :P
Well, as per usual, I'm not overly keen on editing default behavior like that. Also, I'm not sure how popular "hardcore sheep" mode would be :)

EDIT: Then again, it might be worth it just for the name ;)
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

The new sounds are interesting (though they may have been in the pre-releases. I don't know, since I didn't play with the 1.9 pre-releases). The new hurt sound makes me feel worse about making Steve run into cacti or take fall damage, since now instead of grunting, it's a gross squishing sound. I guess this is just to make it easier to treat your character as "Stevette" now that there are no more obviously male grunts and such. Creeper explosions now sound less like TNT and more organic, which is also kind of gross-sounding. I really like the new sound for chests, though. And the sounds Endermen make are pretty creepy, and it looks like their AI is a bit more complex, so they're not so easy to kill any more.

From what I've played so far in 1.0, the whole thing seems to be a lot more polished, and consequently, the general experience is a bit nicer. Minecraft has certainly come a long way since even beta-1.5 (which is when I first started), and it's interesting to see what it's become. There are still problems with the sides of grass blocks not matching the biome color on top, and some other minor things, but overall, Minecraft has really shaped up for release, and I'm actually kind of impressed. I don't know how much of this was already in the pre-releases, so I'm really just comparing 1.0 with beta-1.8.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

darahalian wrote:And the sounds Endermen make are pretty creepy, and it looks like their AI is a bit more complex, so they're not so easy to kill any more.
The trick I discovered to killing endermen, while doing my play-through, was to look down at the ground while fighting them.

As long as you don't look directly at them, they won't teleport away in response to your attacks. They become extremely easy to kill when you do this.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

FlowerChild wrote:
darahalian wrote:And the sounds Endermen make are pretty creepy, and it looks like their AI is a bit more complex, so they're not so easy to kill any more.
The trick I discovered to killing endermen, while doing my play-through, was to look down at the ground while fighting them.

As long as you don't look directly at them, they won't teleport away in response to your attacks. They become extremely easy to kill when you do this.
Good to know. It is nice that they present a little more of a challenge than the average mob, though, considering their status in the overall scheme of things, but I'm glad that there is still a relatively easy way of dealing with them.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, as per usual, I'm not overly keen on editing default behavior like that. Also, I'm not sure how popular "hardcore sheep" mode would be :)

EDIT: Then again, it might be worth it just for the name ;)
AUuhahuauhaauhUH! Hardcore sheep! XD That sounds kinky :P After the gimp suit, a "hardcore sheep" mode might give the wrong idea for the uninformed XD
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jorgebonafe wrote: AUuhahuauhaauhUH! Hardcore sheep! XD That sounds kinky :P After the gimp suit, a "hardcore sheep" mode might give the wrong idea for the uninformed XD
As you may have noticed, I'm always happy to encourage the wrong idea :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FlowerChild wrote:
jorgebonafe wrote: AUuhahuauhaauhUH! Hardcore sheep! XD That sounds kinky :P After the gimp suit, a "hardcore sheep" mode might give the wrong idea for the uninformed XD
As you may have noticed, I'm always happy to encourage the wrong idea :)
Yeah, I did noticed, and I approve XD Its even kinda funny to see the totally incredulous state people get too, you can see it their posts, like on the gimp suit release XD I can imagine their faces when they saw that. "Is this real?"

this conversation reminded me of an old Woddy Allen movie I saw a long time ago XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B94lP-fZyLk
Steve got lonely after years on a deserted world..... Anything could happen.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Hardcore sheep mode? I'd suggest he name New Zeeland mode!
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Risugami's mods thread has the last 6 pages filled with requests for "I WANT 1.0 NOW PLEASE AARGHH".

6 pages! It would be funny if it wasn't so sad...