BTW Pure Mods

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Zhil

Re: BTW Pure Mods

Post by Zhil »

That's actually the nightmare mod from the same page I think. In any case, this mod is so making the list if it's compatible. Simple mechanic that encourages better base design = win and BTW pure.

Edit: after watching that video series: yes, oh yes, so much yes.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Curator

Post by Curator »

I'm just posting to say thank you for compiling this list. I've been kind of burnt out on minecraft lately, but I've been browsing these forums a lot and waiting for a big enough update to motivate me to start a fresh BTW save. With all the awesome mods here, I'm really motivated to start fresh to experience an almost-completely-different playstyle derived from the aggregate of these mods. So yeah.
Thanks so much for putting this list together, I'll be giving this all a shot soon, and please PLEASE keep up the good work!
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I feel obligated to tell you you have an awesome avatar, curator. :D
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Curator wrote:I'm just posting to say thank you for compiling this list. I've been kind of burnt out on minecraft lately, but I've been browsing these forums a lot and waiting for a big enough update to motivate me to start a fresh BTW save. With all the awesome mods here, I'm really motivated to start fresh to experience an almost-completely-different playstyle derived from the aggregate of these mods. So yeah.
Thanks so much for putting this list together, I'll be giving this all a shot soon, and please PLEASE keep up the good work!
Thank you :)

I plan on testing compatibility with all of them tonight and fill out the list.
Curator

Post by Curator »

BinoAl wrote:I feel obligated to tell you you have an awesome avatar, curator. :D
Hah, well thank you. I assume you mean because it's Bastion, which is an amazing game, and not because the avatar just looks awesome. If the latter is the case, I'm afraid I can't take credit.
Gilberreke wrote:Thank you :)

I plan on testing compatibility with all of them tonight and fill out the list.
No no, thank YOU.
Though on the topic of compatibility, if you mean testing all of them together, I haven't had much luck with that, though I won't deny I have very little competence when it comes to mod usage and co-ordination (something I'm a little nervous about admitting on FC's forum, truthfully). So if you're able to get all the mods working together, please let me know, and I'll revise my strategy of haphazardly reading installation guides and throwing things into the .jar file.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Curator wrote:No no, thank YOU.
Though on the topic of compatibility, if you mean testing all of them together, I haven't had much luck with that, though I won't deny I have very little competence when it comes to mod usage and co-ordination (something I'm a little nervous about admitting on FC's forum, truthfully). So if you're able to get all the mods working together, please let me know, and I'll revise my strategy of haphazardly reading installation guides and throwing things into the .jar file.
Well, so far I have run the ones that are in the top post together quite easily, there's no issues there. Install Railcraft with BTW as instructed in the Railcraft thread (don't forget the vy.class fix). Seronis' mods can be added afterwards.

The new proposed ones will be a bit harder to get to work I recon, so I'll be testing it all together and posting a way to install em all.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Still no answer on the zombie awareness thread about forge compatibility... Because typing "yes" or "no" is so hard....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Seriously ?
C'mon man, you can test it by yourself ;)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Not much time lately :P End of semester, lots of tests....
Also, it is possible some part of it works, and others don't, and then I find out two weeks from now when my save goes to hell :P So I thought it would be safer to ask the creator.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Curator wrote: Hah, well thank you. I assume you mean because it's Bastion, which is an amazing game, and not because the avatar just looks awesome. If the latter is the case, I'm afraid I can't take credit.
Haha, definitely because it's from bastion. Incredible game.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

I tested compatibility and confirmed that all mods discussed work together. I'll be updating the OP now. Here's a list of what I tried:

BTW
Railcraft
HarvestCraft
Better Ore Distribution
Zombie Awareness
Nightmare Mode
Lava Furnace
Soul Cages

Notes:
- Install Railcraft as explained in the thread (don't forget the vy.class fix!)
- Soul cages needs to be installed AFTER Nightmare Mode (this disables the changes NM does to spawners)
DocLazy

Post by DocLazy »

sargunster wrote:I just came across the Little Blocks Mod. This allows you to build things in 1/8 scale, making tiny redstone circuits possible without making them too easy.

Example (A simple 4 way AND gate):
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
And a video by CaptainSparklez:
Spoiler
Show
That is very cool. The biggest problem with redstone is the amount space it takes up. This opens up a number of possibilities, especially when building things like elevators. We'll now be able to fit all our buttons in the space of a single block.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

DocLazy wrote:
sargunster wrote:I just came across the Little Blocks Mod. This allows you to build things in 1/8 scale, making tiny redstone circuits possible without making them too easy.

Example (A simple 4 way AND gate):
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
And a video by CaptainSparklez:
Spoiler
Show
That is very cool. The biggest problem with redstone is the amount space it takes up. This opens up a number of possibilities, especially when building things like elevators. We'll now be able to fit all our buttons in the space of a single block.
Yeah, but you might want to wait a little bit... As of now this mod is full of game breaking bugs, and the redstone doesn't even work so well... I do hope this gets fixed, this mod has a lot of potential.
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

I've tested BTW with BOD, Zombie awareness + nightmare mode, and I gotta say. This combination is a blast! Tons of fun building a well defended castle with a separate bastion as point of entry, not to talk about how bloody steampunkish it looks with a windmill on a lookout tower, and the insides riddled with gears axles and waterways! Only thing missing is a bit of a more dynamic defence/attack system. kinda lame that I need to 'forget' to close my autoclose-doors if I want to battle on my bridge....
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Railcraft has updated, with lots of complex stuff added. Thoughts on this?
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

As far as the new Railcraft Signals go...

I think it's an intuitive and efficient way to create a full railroad system. Basically the way it works is that you can designate sections of track as a "signal block" that can track carts moving along it. This state is displayed by signs that you place along the track, and can tell you if the line is clear or not, and if a cart is moving towards or away from the signal light. Probably the most useful aspect of all this is that you can set up these blocks of railway to respond remotely via controllers and recievers, meaning that you can control an extensive rail network from the comfort of your castle.

Honestly, this mod acts as a less intrusive version of Buildcraft, in that it facilitates rapid organization and transportation of items while also vastly improving on a sorely neglected aspect of Minecraft. I think that this mod still synergizes very well with BTW and especially in tandem with BOD, as a justification and a supply for long-distance travel. That, and all the new blocks make for very sexy trestles.

ImageImage
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Wow.... this seems to be really useful, not to mention it looks great :P I have to try this, as soon as I start playing MC again...
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

I'm just a tiny bit worried about balance. The controllers/receivers are wireless, which might allow for some over-powered stuff, if you look farther than just the rail system.

The signal stuff is bread and butter for those of you who played Transport Tycoon in the past, which is fun

You can also expect a texture pack update from me soon-ish

As far as HarvestCraft goes, I'm underwhelmed after trying it out thoroughly. The food stuff is just too abundant. I'm half tempted to write my own farm mod, as none of the current farm mods really provide a good experience.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

I think I'm sold on railcraft too.. :]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

This mod here is called level up.
It is compalitable with most of the mods, as it is using mcforge.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/666 ... date-v152/
It adds a bigger use of exp.
When u lvl up, u get skill points, which can be wasted on skills.
Skills are pretty great, and even in their final state, they are not overpovered.
One other great thing that this mod adds, is that you can get exp from mining, crafting, woodcutting, and even smelting if i am not makin a mistake
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

I like it, will test for compatibility with the other mods in this thread. Anyone else have thoughts on this mod?
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

Gilberreke wrote:I like it, will test for compatibility with the other mods in this thread. Anyone else have thoughts on this mod?
I've been using it for awhile. Great mod! Works with BTW and Railcraft for sure.
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Hmm, I doubt that this is something I'd want as part of my regular minecraft thing. A separate world with it yes, but I don't really think rpg like mods are what I'd wanna use all the time..

As to if it fits BtW, this is a matter of taste. It is not intrusive by adding planes, antimatter cannons or invisibility armour, but it doesn't advance BtW's technical aspect at all, something that railcraft for eg does.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I guess it could be interesting... At least it gives you a feeling of "getting better at doing something after doing it a lot", which makes sense in a way.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

I'm not going to add it to the list until BTW deals with the XP issue. Right now, this mod would force you to go out and kill mobs, something FC has indicated is not really the point of BTW. On the other hand, combined with Zombie awareness, this mod shines a little more.

I anticipate that this mod becomes a wonderful addition once we can farm XP in BTW and I'll probably add it to the list then.