Problems with Hemp Seeds 1.9.6

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
jzburda

Re: Problems with Hemp Seeds 1.9.6

Post by jzburda »

and storm. i swear. what don't you understand? i am asking if the rar would corrupt if it wasnt fully installed (sorry bout that if i insulted you in this post, i am just angry i cant get some damn play time after 7 hours of boring school.)
jzburda

Post by jzburda »

if i get any other problems, i wont ask for help. its probably (if someone tells me the answer) just a incomplete .rar. does anybody want to answer to Is DAP+ good (download accelerator plus) is that my problem?
Urian

Post by Urian »

I don't think it's the fault of a corrupted .rar. I don't use any download accelerators myself so I can't say for certain since I'm not sure how they work but I can't see how a corrupted rar would only affect hemp seed drops. If you get any hemp seed drops then it's working, the drop rate is very low so you won't find many. If you've got bonemeal or foul food you can use it to create tall grass and harvest that for your initial seeds, once you've got a hemp farm going you'll start getting plenty of seeds since you should only harvest the top of the plant so no need to replant (and you might get seeds from harvesting the plant as well).
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

jzburda wrote:if i get any other problems, i wont ask for help. its probably (if someone tells me the answer) just a incomplete .rar. does anybody want to answer to Is DAP+ good (download accelerator plus) is that my problem?
No, if you get problems, do ask for help. Just lay off insulting people -.- I know it can be frustrating being told that everything should be working and that you've just made a mistake, but we are just trying to help. If you do have download management software, it might be screwing up the download, try disabling it. When it comes down to it every thing's there, and we know it all works together, we just need to keep trying things till your game works. Till then...if we suggest you do something, just try it and report back.

Pro-tip: Saying 'I have anger management issues' doesn't actually help you in any way. Kinda like me saying I'm a slim tall blonde with captivating blue eyes: it doesn't change what anyone actually thinks, it just makes people feel awkward.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Well, you haven't insulted me yet, and you did apologise.

As long as you are using WinRar or 7zip you shouldn't have a corrupt minecraft.jar (and they should tell you if you do), might be best to start with a fresh jar file if you aren't sure. I shouldn't imagine that download accelerators would corrupt the downloaded BTW zip file, but you could try without it.

Usually minecraft won't run if you have a corrupt jar file though, if the only item missing is hemp seeds the most likely cause would be another mod that conflicts with the same item id, but if you aren't using any other mods, then you might just be unlucky in your drops, try the steel hoe as suggested, I think they have either a 100% hemp seed drop rate when tilling soil, or a very high one anyway.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

gftweek wrote:Well, you haven't insulted me yet, and you did apologise.

As long as you are using WinRar or 7zip you shouldn't have a corrupt minecraft.jar (and they should tell you if you do), might be best to start with a fresh jar file if you aren't sure. I shouldn't imagine that download accelerators would corrupt the downloaded BTW zip file, but you could try without it.

Usually minecraft won't run if you have a corrupt jar file though, if the only item missing is hemp seeds the most likely cause would be another mod that conflicts with the same item id, but if you aren't using any other mods, then you might just be unlucky in your drops, try the steel hoe as suggested, I think they have either a 100% hemp seed drop rate when tilling soil, or a very high one anyway.
Quick test is showing about 1/3-1/4 chance of getting hemp seeds per grass block hoed. I remember it used to be 100% though...when was it fixed -.-
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Stormweaver wrote:
gftweek wrote:Well, you haven't insulted me yet, and you did apologise.

Quick test is showing about 1/3-1/4 chance of getting hemp seeds per grass block hoed. I remember it used to be 100% though...when was it fixed -.-
Ah, well that's better than nothing, I've never needed to make a steel hoe, in fact in my current play through, I haven't bothered going past a wooden one, since I managed to get 8 seeds by punching long grass (lots of long grass).