Battosay's video corner

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Battosay

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 27/10: Ghasts farm)

Post by Battosay »

Three jobs dude. Three.
;)
Ichi16

Post by Ichi16 »

i have to say you are awesome
do you have a specific process for making stuff? like do you start with the idea and just build around that or do you just have random moment s of inspiration for how you could do something then think of what it is used for.
the core question would be is it use first or just the actual contraption in general.
also how long would a average build take you?
sorry for all the questions i was just wondering.
back to lurking
SPACEDUDE360000

Post by SPACEDUDE360000 »

Battosay wrote:Added the Ghasts farm :
Spoiler
Show
If you made the platform 3x3 wouldn't the soul urn hit every time?
Why do something if you can get someone else to do it for you?
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Ichi16 wrote:do you have a specific process for making stuff? like do you start with the idea and just build around that or do you just have random moment s of inspiration for how you could do something then think of what it is used for.
the core question would be is it use first or just the actual contraption in general.
Definitely use first. The idea, the thing I want to make (farm that, make this, etc).
Then I dig out large area underground, to get ressources, and while doing that I picture as much possible design as I can.
Then I test some in the new room I just digged.
And finaly I choose the one I prefer, and make it.
Once it's working, I try to make things pretier ^^
Ichi16 wrote:also how long would a average build take you?
sorry for all the questions i was just wondering.
Depends on what it is. From just a couple of hours to dozens ^^
I usually play 1 hour a day. A bit more during the night. And I don't sleep much. ;)

Oh and,

Added The Greenware Pottery
Spoiler
Show
AmishGoat

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 30/10: Greenware pottery

Post by AmishGoat »

Your videos are awesome!
And a question about what you said at the end of the Greenware Pottery video: What is your mobtrap composed of? Because in the next stable vMC release Endermen can't pick up nearly as many objects, so you probably won't need to redo the entire thing, unless you want one that functions now.
Trying to destroy the you with a you is futile.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

AmishGoat wrote:Your videos are awesome!
And a question about what you said at the end of the Greenware Pottery video: What is your mobtrap composed of? Because in the next stable vMC release Endermen can't pick up nearly as many objects, so you probably won't need to redo the entire thing, unless you want one that functions now.
You could always use furnaces or obsidian, but are enderpearls really worth all the work?
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Is most of automation really worth all the work? Not really, but it's awesome.

Also, according to a few posts, mobs tend to stand still a lot more, so the output of mob grinders drastically decreased in pre-release 5. Just something I thought I'd share.
Dirdle

Post by Dirdle »

You made a farm for ghasts. You made a FARM for GHASTS. That is completely crazy awesome. You might say it leaves me... aghast 8).
What Strange Devices!
Battosay

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 05/11: New Auto Kiln)

Post by Battosay »

Added The New Automated Kiln :
Spoiler
Show
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I see someone is liking the new 4 brick kiln :-)
Whoppa

Post by Whoppa »

Loving your video's. The amount of work and the innovation I see is just amazing. (I have to say that ^^)

I'm building a factory of my own, and I have a question about how you empty the minecartchests. Everything is clear to me, and I have a working prototype ready for my own, but there is one thing I can't quite figure out.

In the bd's above the water flow, is there one rail in each bd? Or did you fill them entirily?
I'm asking this because I can't find the timing for the bd's to activate. If I make them appear all at once (both stone and tracks), the rails get destroyed when the bd's deactivate, because of the stone getting destroyed at the same time, causing the tracks on top of it to go away before the bd's can suck them up.

Thanks in advance.

(English is not my native language ;))
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Whoppa wrote:In the bd's above the water flow, is there one rail in each bd? Or did you fill them entirily?
I'm asking this because I can't find the timing for the bd's to activate. If I make them appear all at once (both stone and tracks), the rails get destroyed when the bd's deactivate, because of the stone getting destroyed at the same time, causing the tracks on top of it to go away before the bd's can suck them up.
Yep, only a rail per BD.
You need to play with delayers and make it so that the BD placing the stone are activated in first, but unpowered in last.
So the chain of events would be :

Power to BD 1 - Placing stone
Power to BD 2 - Placing rail
BD 2 unpowered - Removing rail
BD 1 unpowered - Removing stone

I'll try to make a pic if you need it :)
walker_boh_65 wrote:I see someone is liking the new 4 brick kiln :-)
Hell yeah ^^
Mintdragon

Post by Mintdragon »

...Amazing... You don't cheat at all right?
Peace, love, and music.
Mints = happiness.
Minion of Herobrine.
I am a Sapling!^_^
Whoppa

Post by Whoppa »

Battosay wrote:
Whoppa wrote:In the bd's above the water flow, is there one rail in each bd? Or did you fill them entirily?
Yep, only a rail per BD.
You need to play with delayers and make it so that the BD placing the stone are activated in first, but unpowered in last.
So the chain of events would be :
Oh of course .. Didn't think of that ..

Now to figure out how to do that. Sounds interesting :)
If I can't figure it out, I might need that pic :P

Thanks!
screally

Post by screally »

Sorry, I might be being a bit thick here, but how did you get the 65 second delay working? The annotations say 13x5 seconds, and I see that the block dispensor you open has 12 slabs and 1 block (with one slab out, which would make 14 seconds, no? Anyway, I digress), but I don't see how you could connect several of these systems together to make 65 second delay.

Anyway, great video, and I thought the trick with the lever was particularly ingenious.

EDIT: I saw the second block dispensor, so I guess that produces a pulse every 5th tick, with the first one producing every 13 to activate that one... but it only had 3 slabs in it, and no whole blocks, which would make it go every 4 ticks?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

screally wrote:Sorry, I might be being a bit thick here, but how did you get the 65 second delay working? The annotations say 13x5 seconds, and I see that the block dispensor you open has 12 slabs and 1 block (with one slab out, which would make 14 seconds, no? Anyway, I digress), but I don't see how you could connect several of these systems together to make 65 second delay.

Anyway, great video, and I thought the trick with the lever was particularly ingenious.

EDIT: I saw the second block dispensor, so I guess that produces a pulse every 5th tick, with the first one producing every 13 to activate that one... but it only had 3 slabs in it, and no whole blocks, which would make it go every 4 ticks?
One counter triggers the other, so you're counting to thirteen five times. Which is where the 13x5 bit comes from.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
screally

Post by screally »

Stormweaver wrote:
screally wrote:Sorry, I might be being a bit thick here, but how did you get the 65 second delay working? The annotations say 13x5 seconds, and I see that the block dispensor you open has 12 slabs and 1 block (with one slab out, which would make 14 seconds, no? Anyway, I digress), but I don't see how you could connect several of these systems together to make 65 second delay.

One counter triggers the other, so you're counting to thirteen five times. Which is where the 13x5 bit comes from.
Yeah I saw that after rewatching, just the number of slabs in the video, unless I'm really blind, don't add up in my mind (13 slabs in one, 3 in the other?
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

The BD connected to the green wool is the timing (16seconds, for the cooking).
The 2 other BD are counting 65 pulses before reseting : the first one send a pulse every 13 pulses, the second will send the reset pulse after 5 pulses from the 1st one : so 13x5 = 65
(for the 64 items, plus one because the first cycle of cooking is to short, because of the time it takes to start every part)
Whoppa

Post by Whoppa »

Hello.. Here I am again :3

Thanks for your previous suggestion; I figured out how to do it, and the timing is perfect now.
But here is the next problem with which I hope you could help me with.

When the BD drops the minecart onto the rails (put there by other BD's), it falls straight down, and refuses to move in any direction.
I am using powered rails, already tried creating a little ramp for it to fall on, and experimented with a pison, but nothing seems to work.

If you could tell me how you did it, or give me a little hint, it would be awesome.

Again, thanks in advance :)
Battosay

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 11/11: Tuto chicken farm

Post by Battosay »

Added a tuto for the Chicken farm
Spoiler
Show
Whoppa wrote:When the BD drops the minecart onto the rails (put there by other BD's), it falls straight down, and refuses to move in any direction.
I am using powered rails, already tried creating a little ramp for it to fall on, and experimented with a pison, but nothing seems to work.
That's because you need a solid block next to your powered rail, otherwise the cart won't move because it doesn't know where to go ;)
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

So, what farms will we be seeing in the future? And how often do you plan to add a farming video?
ct08857

Post by ct08857 »

I have seen all your videos and made some of your contraptions also. the greatest mc work ever next to FC.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Added the Flower farm tutorial
Spoiler
Show
ct08857 wrote:I have seen all your videos and made some of your contraptions also. the greatest mc work ever next to FC.
I'd rather not give a schedule that I might not be able to follow ;)
ct08857

Post by ct08857 »

lol nice
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Nice chaps dance :)