Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Rasuth

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by Rasuth »

Well, I guess, if I'm ever to join a MC Server I might as well be playing with the folks of this awesome community. I'm gonna send you a PM with my MC name, FaceFoiled.
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence.
Unless you're GI Socrates. Then the other half is "You don't know anything
- TheAnarchitect
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

Can I join? I haven't found a good server to play yet.
IGN: Camerinthus
M!C

Post by M!C »

Hey guys, as of today you'll be able to notice a deforested square surrounded by torches south-west of spawn (dynmap). That is my new project, a maze in a cube.

Trouble is that cube is going to be about 120x120x120 so if you want to contribute your work-force and/or materials, please feel free to do so.

The first phase of building that thing is quite easily digging out everything inside that square of torches down to bedrock ...

Yeah, I know that I'm insane but I think this will be fun.

If FF is willing to do so, we could get this thing protected via worldguard after it is finished and a treasure could be hidden at the end of the maze. My design allows for everything to be build and only one guy setting the paths without anyone else seeing it so everybody except me would be able to go on a treasure hunt.

Any thoughts or questions?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is a small base camp at the north western corner of the square. You can get tools, recources and food there. You'll also find beds of course.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Don't forget to add traps in the maze XD Hummm... ever watch that film, "Cube" ? XD
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Rasuth

Post by Rasuth »

As I'm not quite creative myself I'd be glad to help you out M!C. What are your usual playing times (asking because I'm from Germany too)?
Hope FF whitelists me soon-ish. ;)
Last edited by Rasuth on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence.
Unless you're GI Socrates. Then the other half is "You don't know anything
- TheAnarchitect
screally

Post by screally »

I can supply chicken meat from my automated chicken farm!
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

M!C wrote:EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is a small base camp at the north western corner of the square. You can get tools, recources and food there. You'll also find beds of course.
I think you mean southwest?

Anyways, I'll help a bit. I need a lot of dirt for my desert anyway.
M!C

Post by M!C »

jorgebonafe wrote:Don't forget to add traps in the maze XD Hummm... ever watch that film, "Cube" ? XD
Sorry, I don't know that film.

I plan on adding traps to the maze but they won't be too elaborate because I don't want walls and ceilings 3 blocks thick (for the redstone). I'm planning to focus on a complicated way you need to find rather than a difficult one. Some parts of the maze won't be lit however so there will be some fighting.
Rasuth wrote:As I'm not quite creative myself I'd be glad to help you out M!C. What are your usual playing times (asking because I'm from Germany too)?
Hope FF whitelists me soon-ish. ;)
In respect to those that really are creative I don't want to call me that. :P
I can't really predict when I'll be online because I have a job that often requires me to show up on short notice ...
screally wrote:I can supply chicken meat from my automated chicken farm!
We do have an unlimited melon supply already but something more substantial would be good. ;)
sargunster wrote:
M!C wrote:EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is a small base camp at the north western corner of the square. You can get tools, recources and food there. You'll also find beds of course.
I think you mean southwest?

Anyways, I'll help a bit. I need a lot of dirt for my desert anyway.
Here are the dynmap coordinates of the camp just to avoid unnecessary confusion: 531;658
You can have the dirt since the cube will be made of stone bricks (so we'll need lots of cobble and coal).

Thanks for your help everyone, I'm really looking forward to this!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Camerinthus wrote:Can I join? I haven't found a good server to play yet.
Off course :), what is your Minecraft IGN? If you want, you can PM me this as well.
screally

Post by screally »

There's now a Nether-bridge from spawn to M!C's digsite, for those who want easy access to and from the site!
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

My name's same as my username here: Camerinthus

Thanks! You can PM me or something once I get whitelisted.
IGN: Camerinthus
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

well now that i finally have a connection for my pc I would like to join the server. My username is.... Thalmane :P
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Hi. Can I be whitelisted too? My minecraft name is daraha.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Hello,
I would like to join the Server if possible.
My username is marcus1982
My Youtube channel.

FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Thalmane wrote:well now that i finally have a connection for my pc I would like to join the server. My username is.... Thalmane :P
darahalian wrote:Hi. Can I be whitelisted too? My minecraft name is daraha.
Mac wrote:Hello,I would like to join the Server if possible.
My username is marcus1982

Welcome to the server all. :)
The Edolas server ip is: 83.222.240.184:30765

If you are wondering on where to start building, have a look on the dynmap for an easy overview of the map. :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Trying to make an automated melon farm today, I noticed that it can't be done, because the farmland turns to dirt when a watermelon grows.
I found this then:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-f ... 185.38797/

A little plugin that will change that behavior and keep farmland after you harvest a melon. What do you think about adding this? I guess it would be a temporary solution until BTW is smp and we can make planters...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jorgebonafe wrote:A little plugin that will change that behavior and keep farmland after you harvest a melon. What do you think about adding this? I guess it would be a temporary solution until BTW is smp and we can make planters...
How are you harvesting the melons though? If it's with pistons, isn't the fact that the piston-head is over the farmland going to revert it to dirt even if the melon doesn't do it?
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

If you push the farmland block up with a sticky piston, the melon would break into its slices. Maybe using that and water streams? (although it'd be tough to set it up in such a way that the water wouldn't destroy the stalks)
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Katalliaan wrote:If you push the farmland block up with a sticky piston, the melon would break into its slices. Maybe using that and water streams? (although it'd be tough to set it up in such a way that the water wouldn't destroy the stalks)
Hmmm...couldn't you retract the farmland to the side instead, and have the melon slices fall into the now unoccupied block and into a steam below the whole contraption?
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Hmm. I understand how this plugin would make it nice for melons/pumpkins, but I feel that it would make it "too" easy. I do like automation, but I feel that there has to be a challenge to it as well, or at least a sort of annoyance that will make you keep thinking about it to improve the design.

I'll have to think about it for a bit, and get some more input from others to find out what they think. :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

How are you harvesting the melons though? If it's with pistons, isn't the fact that the piston-head is over the farmland going to revert it to dirt even if the melon doesn't do it?
Well, as I understand from the addon, the author did consider that and he made it so the piston would not destroy the farmland, so that would no be a problem. Its in the description:
Any farmland trampled over by a piston will revert to farmland on the piston's retract.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FaceFoiled wrote:Hmm. I understand how this plugin would make it nice for melons/pumpkins, but I feel that it would make it "too" easy. I do like automation, but I feel that there has to be a challenge to it as well, or at least a sort of annoyance that will make you keep thinking about it to improve the design.

I'll have to think about it for a bit, and get some more input from others to find out what they think. :)
Sure, I'm all for a challenge if that's possible, but I'd rather have "easy" then not have it at all... I don't see how to make this more difficult but still possible
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

well i know you can place fence posts under your plowed dirt and that will prevent it from being trampled. maybe that will work for the melons as well?
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Thalmane wrote:well i know you can place fence posts under your plowed dirt and that will prevent it from being trampled. maybe that will work for the melons as well?
No, it won't. The fence trick works due to hitbox trickery, which doesn't help here.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

There's plenty solutions to farm melons already, I don't see the need for another plugin honestly