Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
OpposingForces

Re: Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

Post by OpposingForces »

lol. kinda an old dig at TES 4: Oblivion.

Still not sure how i feel about horses.. i like the idea of a pack mule. at one time i had a though about doing something similar to pigs. pack pigs.
Why do all the Zombies look like Steve?
PeachMa5t3r

Post by PeachMa5t3r »

The terrible thing is that the update isn't even ready. There are so many bugs. When they added chests to nether fortresses the nether fortress hit boxes got reset so old nether fortresses wont spawn fortress mobs. Horses freaking suffocate in blocks if they get nudged in them and resource packs aren't even downloaded from servers. I'm so pissed I'm really close to quitting minecraft and only playing BTW even if my friends don't wanna. ARGH!
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

PeachMa5t3r wrote:The terrible thing is that the update isn't even ready. There are so many bugs. When they added chests to nether fortresses the nether fortress hit boxes got reset so old nether fortresses wont spawn fortress mobs. Horses freaking suffocate in blocks if they get nudged in them and resource packs aren't even downloaded from servers. I'm so pissed I'm really close to quitting minecraft and only playing BTW even if my friends don't wanna. ARGH!
That nether fortress hitbox issue is particularly worrisome as it would be game breaking for a lot of people who have put huge amounts of effort into building nether fortress mob traps. Even ignoring the issue of fortress mobs now spawning in areas with no visual cues, I could see a lot of people rage quitting over that one.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote: That nether fortress hitbox issue is particularly worrisome as it would be game breaking for a lot of people who have put huge amounts of effort into building nether fortress mob traps. Even ignoring the issue of fortress mobs now spawning in areas with no visual cues, I could see a lot of people rage quitting over that one.
Mojang pretending mob-traps don't exist strikes again. Looks like another thing I'll have to fix, as I doubt they ever will.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Jesus this sounds horrible. If they don't fix it, for me it's the equivalent of a "fuck you customers, we're the boss"
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
sacrife

Post by sacrife »

The only things I care about is:
Added Carpets
Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay
Added Block of Coal
Added Hay Bales

These are all for aesthetics and not important at all. I would like them, but I don't NEED them.
Who really wanted horses???

Again, no point in playing anything other than BTW.
barcode

Post by barcode »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:Jesus this sounds horrible. If they don't fix it, for me it's the equivalent of a "fuck you customers, we're the boss"
...which would be ok if they knew what they were doing, or had a rough idea of where they want to take this game down the line.

But they don't.
XantyZon wrote:- Remember just like you can't have manslaughter without laughter, you can not have forgery without forge.
julkwiec

Post by julkwiec »

barcode wrote:
MoRmEnGiL wrote:Jesus this sounds horrible. If they don't fix it, for me it's the equivalent of a "fuck you customers, we're the boss"
...which would be ok if they knew what they were doing, or had a rough idea of where they want to take this game down the line.

But they don't.
That's almost exactly what FC is doing - but this "almost" has been pointed by you.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

At least the new blocks look nice.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

sacrife wrote: Who really wanted horses???
Horses no, donkey maybe, as a utility for projects.

Really with vMC it comes down to a quick play start to end and wither with new updates.

I have not kept a vMC world in a long time.
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

Ceunon wrote:Oh, gods. Please, don't.

https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/3 ... 7616826368

DO A FLIP!!!!

....anyways, it's a gimmick and really not going to do too much unless this is what replaces sitting. Which admittedly gives me giggles at the mental image of how big of a fountain one could make with BTW shitting wolves...
:)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

<visions of lulling players into a false sense of security dance in my head>
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

that sort of behavior is only cute to people who either don't have dogs or have well behaved ones

because when my dog was a puppy, normally she'd do that because she'd found a particularly interesting turd/dead thing to roll in >_<
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:<visions of lulling players into a false sense of security dance in my head>
Aw, how cute, I think he wants his belly r--OH GOD MY FACE HE'S EATING MY FACE OH GOD WHY
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

The only time I have ever seen a dog in that pose is when they were several hours dead and rigor mortis had set in. That image is kind of unsettling, even for wolves.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

DaveYanakov wrote:The only time I have ever seen a dog in that pose is when they were several hours dead and rigor mortis had set in. That image is kind of unsettling, even for wolves.
Oh no that's common behavior for a dog. At least when it's dominated by its master.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Gormador wrote:
DaveYanakov wrote:The only time I have ever seen a dog in that pose is when they were several hours dead and rigor mortis had set in. That image is kind of unsettling, even for wolves.
Oh no that's common behavior for a dog. At least when it's dominated by its master.
A dog rolling on its back is common. Having the legs stick straight up is also common but does not coincide with breathing.
jwideman

Post by jwideman »

DaveYanakov wrote:
Gormador wrote:
A dog rolling on its back is common. Having the legs stick straight up is also common but does not coincide with breathing.
Exactly. A dog that rolls over on its back in submission will relax its legs.
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

jwideman wrote:
DaveYanakov wrote:
Gormador wrote:
Exactly. A dog that rolls over on its back in submission will relax its legs.

Give the poor puppy a break. It's not his fault he doesn't have joints :P
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Oh you meant the strange legs ? Yeah, ok, I totally agree Dave^^
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Honestly it looks more like a weird rendering bug than a feature...
barcode

Post by barcode »

....and they seem to have taken the whole thing to the next level.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/186 ... aster-egg/

I mean, sure, why not, can't always take everything seriously and throw in some fun stuff every once in a while. I mean it would be very funny if you had a map with upside down creepers hanging from leads around your precious diamond chest.

But I am afraid they don't mean this as a joke. Very afraid.
XantyZon wrote:- Remember just like you can't have manslaughter without laughter, you can not have forgery without forge.
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

barcode wrote:....and they seem to have taken the whole thing to the next level.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/186 ... aster-egg/

I mean, sure, why not, can't always take everything seriously and throw in some fun stuff every once in a while. I mean it would be very funny if you had a map with upside down creepers hanging from leads around your precious diamond chest.

But I am afraid they don't mean this as a joke. Very afraid.
That isn't really taking it to the next level. Since they already implemented the system of flipping mobs upside down for the wolves, it wouldn't be that hard to extend the condition to all mobs if the entity's name were Dinnerbone. Personally, it just looks like Mojang is wasting more time adding in useless easter eggs and jokes.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Vexalor wrote: That isn't really taking it to the next level. Since they already implemented the system of flipping mobs upside down for the wolves, it wouldn't be that hard to extend the condition to all mobs if the entity's name were Dinnerbone. Personally, it just looks like Mojang is wasting more time adding in useless easter eggs and jokes.
At least they aren't trying to work on game balance... :)