Steam Sales

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Gormador

Re: Steam Sales

Post by Gormador »

Far Cry 3 is on sale on Steam.

40% Off.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

World In Conflict is on sale. I had not even known it was on Steam. Less than US$7 for one of the last good RTS titles.

Scratch that. The Sins of a Solar Empire trilogy just went on sale for the same price. It's one of my favorite games of all time, similar to Conquest: Frontier Wars and getting a core game of such scope plus two really beefy expansions for $6.79 is huge. I already own this on the Impulse network but I think I need to grab it on Steam for better ease of use. If anyone ever wants to set up a game, let me know.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote: Scratch that. The Sins of a Solar Empire trilogy just went on sale for the same price. It's one of my favorite games of all time, similar to Conquest: Frontier Wars and getting a core game of such scope plus two really beefy expansions for $6.79 is huge. I already own this on the Impulse network but I think I need to grab it on Steam for better ease of use. If anyone ever wants to set up a game, let me know.
Gah. I think you just sold me on it. I was eying that one a few times in the past already.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

DaveYanakov wrote:Scratch that. The Sins of a Solar Empire trilogy just went on sale for the same price. It's one of my favorite games of all time, similar to Conquest: Frontier Wars and getting a core game of such scope plus two really beefy expansions for $6.79 is huge. I already own this on the Impulse network but I think I need to grab it on Steam for better ease of use. If anyone ever wants to set up a game, let me know.
Which one is Rebellion? Is that the same? Better? Worse?

I'm a SoSE noob.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ulfengaard wrote: Which one is Rebellion? Is that the same? Better? Worse?

I'm a SoSE noob.
Bah...you're right. Trinity doesn't seem to include rebellion, and rebellion is still 40$. Not sure I'm so keen on buying older games in a series like that.
Toyi

Post by Toyi »

Ulfengaard wrote:
DaveYanakov wrote:Scratch that. The Sins of a Solar Empire trilogy just went on sale for the same price. It's one of my favorite games of all time, similar to Conquest: Frontier Wars and getting a core game of such scope plus two really beefy expansions for $6.79 is huge. I already own this on the Impulse network but I think I need to grab it on Steam for better ease of use. If anyone ever wants to set up a game, let me know.
Which one is Rebellion? Is that the same? Better? Worse?

I'm a SoSE noob.
SoaSE Trinity includes the original game "Sins of a Solar Empire" plus two small expansions: "Entrenchment" and "Diplomacy", both of them depends on the base game.

Rebellion is the newest expansion, and it includes the content of SoaSE, Entrenchment and Diplomacy, plus the new features. It is a standalone, and in fact you can't upgrade Trinity to Rebellion as you could upgrade Entrenchment to Diplomacy.

TL:DR Don't buy Trinity if you want Rebellion (which is better all around IMO), wait for the Steam's Summer Sale, it may be 75% off then.
dawnraider wrote: Ah, yes. I always love gathering info through violence ;) Anyways, nice job on starting this up!
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Yeah, I can't run Rebellion so I won;t be picking it up regardless. The original game is still quite good.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Not on sale (yet) But something that most I'd assume wouldn't mind putting on the watch list: KSP just hit steam!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

magikeh wrote:Not on sale (yet) But something that most I'd assume wouldn't mind putting on the watch list: KSP just hit steam!
Oh boy. I do believe that just finally convinced me to buy it. Must try and hold out until a sale hits :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

magikeh wrote:Not on sale (yet) But something that most I'd assume wouldn't mind putting on the watch list: KSP just hit steam!
Neat! I hope they get the store integration thing up and running soon, I already bought it forever ago
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Starforge is on steam too, though the price is pretty high considering it is still in alpha.
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

As is Prison Architect, which is another game on their "early access" list and got a new update (alpha 8) to go with its new release platform.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

There's currently a massive sale on Steam with around 18 pages of games to choose from. But among all those titles, I feel the need to bring attention to one particular game: AI War Fleet Command. Such a great RTS with so many options and valid tactics. Not to mention, a ferocious AI opponent that gets more vicious the more you piss him off. Try it, learn it, love it. Then die horribly at the hand of the AI... and love it even more. Eh eh, all this to say, if you like RTS, I highly recommend you check that one out.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oi vey. Here we go again. My wishlist just lit up like a Christmas tree and I'm considering going out for a bit to give some blood :)
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Hmm... £2.40 off of Don't Starve... Must. Not- Screw it! YAGB (Yet Another Game Bought)

EDIT: Off of a 2-pack too, nice.

EDIT 2: How similar is AI War Fleet to Sins (of a Solar Empire)?
Last edited by Foxy Boxes on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Foxy Boxes wrote:Hmm... £2.40 off of Don't Starve... Must. Not- Screw it! YAGB (Yet Another Game Bought)

EDIT: Off of a 2-pack too, nice.
Errr...as far as I know, it's always had that sale price ;)
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Huh. Well it had a striked out price and a cheaper one so if that's the case, they got me. Or was it the awesome game that got me? :P

EDIT: Yeah it's saying Don't Starves' 20% off. Sweet.
Last edited by Foxy Boxes on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Foxy Boxes wrote:Huh. Well it had a striked out price and a cheaper one so if that's the case, they got me. Or was it the awesome game that got me? :P
I sincerely doubt you will regret your purchase regardless :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oh, BTW, I just wanted to draw additional attention to a little game called Incredipede. I tried out the demo awhile ago and absolutely loved the underlying concept. Put it on my wish list immediately.

The full version just came out a couple of days ago, and it just dropped in price a bit with this sale, enough so that I'll probably pick it up.

For those that dig physics-based gameplay, it really looks like something special.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Damnit man I'm trying to save money! :P
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

This Shattered Haven title sounds interesting. Anyone have any experience with it?
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

FlowerChild wrote:Oh, BTW, I just wanted to draw additional attention to a little game called Incredipede. I tried out the demo awhile ago and absolutely loved the underlying concept. Put it on my wish list immediately.

The full version just came out a couple of days ago, and it just dropped in price a bit with this sale, enough so that I'll probably pick it up.

For those that dig physics-based gameplay, it really looks like something special.
Watched TB's review of it a while ago, and it looked very cool at the time.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

A) How did I not notice this thread earlier.

B) I'm too broke to have notice this thread at all.

I'll just have to take solace in the fact that nothing runs on Linux.

Yes. Nothing.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Foxy Boxes wrote:EDIT 2: How similar is AI War Fleet to Sins (of a Solar Empire)?
AI War is closer to something like Total Annihilation (or Supreme Commander 1) in space, with an added focus on what technologies you choose to unlock with your research, how you use them and a galaxy-wide guerrilla style warfare rather than diplomacy or developing your civilization.

Edit:
DaveYanakov wrote:This Shattered Haven title sounds interesting. Anyone have any experience with it?
I bought it yesterday actually. I only have a few minutes of gameplay though, so I can't really comment on it yet! But if you didn't see them, here's some gameplay videos posted by the dev to give you an idea. Now back to luring some grays on landmines...
Last edited by logorouge on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

FlowerChild wrote:Oh, BTW, I just wanted to draw additional attention to a little game called Incredipede. I tried out the demo awhile ago and absolutely loved the underlying concept. Put it on my wish list immediately.

The creator of that game also made a survival-turn based strategy-zombie game called Rebuild, which I was mildly obsessed with for a long time, despite the fact that it's just an internet flash game :)
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?