Illegal modpack with BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Miner7747

Re: Illegal modpack with BTW

Post by Miner7747 »

battosay just commented.

for those of you who aren't tracking the comments:

Simon and Lewis, shame on you. You're promoting an illegal modpack, made without the agreement of the mods authors, and in which the asshole who "made" this modpack clearly states that he doesn't care about permission, and even worse, says " The Minecraft modding community is terrible and the egos some of the modders themselves have is incredibly terrible". You knew about it, but still, you made a video promoting it. Shame on you guys.

Battosay52 1 minute ago 7

it was later flagged as spam.
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Honestly, can anybody verify the strength of the legal ties that having the license promoted by MCF attached to your mod?

Call me American, but I haven't had a good court case in a while.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

This has also been posted on Reddit if you want another place to express your views.

Also when I went to the video, Battosay's comment wasn't marked as spam and was in the top two rated comments. The other was also supportive of the modders.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Good god, I can't believe how low Simon and Lewis went here. It reminds me of paulsoaresjr egging on his fans to spam the Terraria forum so he could become a beta tester... Although what he did wasn't meant to cause so much trouble. In this situation, the Yogscast guys clearly knew FC wasn't okay with his code being redistributed...
wyyve

Post by wyyve »

Hey flower you can report the video for copyright infringement.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

wyyve wrote:Hey flower you can report the video for copyright infringement.
He knows. FC feels it's more hassle than it's worth.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

KWilt wrote:Honestly, can anybody verify the strength of the legal ties that having the license promoted by MCF attached to your mod?

Call me American, but I haven't had a good court case in a while.
As far as I know the licensing provided does have legal standing.
Urian

Post by Urian »

I'd guess getting the mod pack removed from mediafire could help since it would require the yogspeople to update their description and hopefully leave out the link to the modpack and just have the links to the mods themselves.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Im sorry, i cant do it anymore, i feel if i read one more comment on the video, my IQ will drop to unrecoverable levels, im taking myself out of the commenting
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Some of these arguments I haven't heard since pre-school. How is it possible to combine an ability to type with the worldview of a toddler?

That's a serious question by the way. If anyone has an answer or link to a research paper I'd love to see it.

The key here is to remember that what we're seeing is a vocal minority. If it helps, think of them as the sweatshops churning out Koby brand electronics. Your community is here FC, not over there in the third world of the internet.
Better is the enemy of Good
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

I was thinking,

maybe it's time we escalated this, we should write an email to notch requested his TOS be changed stating that all modifications of minecraft are the property of mojang and only the original author of the content is able to change of modify the mod.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Dave, you must not be very familiar with the most vocal part of the Yogscast fanbase.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

walker_boh_65 wrote:Im sorry, i cant do it anymore, i feel if i read one more comment on the video, my IQ will drop to unrecoverable levels, im taking myself out of the commenting
Same here,my IQ has already dropped by about 15.

Seriously,saying that it's unnoficial dosn't mean its not illegal..
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Upvoted the top 2 comments against the modpack, and made a comment of my own. It disgusts me that these retards are so outright cruel to us for trying to defend mod author's rights... =/
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Brethern wrote:I was thinking,

maybe it's time we escalated this, we should write an email to notch requested his TOS be changed stating that all modifications of minecraft are the property of mojang and only the original author of the content is able to change of modify the mod.
This...actually makes a lot of sense. It seems kinda in line with what notch has mentioned in the past regarding supporting mods anyways.

I can't help but think, if a set of config files 'pre-made' for utilizing a number of the forge mods together were posted on the Forge thread, it would take away almost the entire 'pro-modpack' arguement. They don't have much of a leg to stand on, but I'd be in full support of taking it from under them entirely.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

I understand we're all very angry and upset by this, but please try not to bring any sort of slurs into it (retard, etc).
Urian

Post by Urian »

Isn't there some social formula that stipulates the IQ of a mob is that of the IQ of the dumbest person in the mob divided by the amount of people in the mob. I think they had the yogaboos in mind. :)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Stormweaver wrote:I can't help but think, if a set of config files 'pre-made' for utilizing a number of the forge mods together were posted on the Forge thread, it would take away almost the entire 'pro-modpack' arguement. They don't have much of a leg to stand on, but I'd be in full support of taking it from under them entirely.
and the BTW saves my sanity once again, i am in full support of the con-fig files
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Miss_Kat wrote:I understand we're all very angry and upset by this, but please try not to bring any sort of slurs into it (retard, etc).
Sorry 'bout that. I'm normally good at avoiding things like that, but I put all my remaining calm into this:
Guys, the creators of most of these mods are very annoyed at how the creator of this pack didn't ask for permission to use their code. They do have copyrights on the mods. Yes, you can copyright mods, because the mod itself is original code, it's just added to the game when installed. I don't feel like the enemies of this of this modpack should be flaming, nor do i feel this modpack is justified. I hope the creators of these mods can get this modpack removed. It really hurts the modder's morale
Yay for top voted comments?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Miss_Kat wrote:I understand we're all very angry and upset by this, but please try not to bring any sort of slurs into it (retard, etc).
Does my calling the creator of the mod-pack an ass-hat on youtube count? :)
Rugaard

Post by Rugaard »

wish i could post what i found but i keep on getting an error:

http://www.lib.purdue.edu/uco/Copyright ... lties.html

tried with just the link as well still got an error
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

FlowerChild wrote: Does my calling the creator of the mod-pack an ass-hat on youtube count? :)
So long as ass-hats remain to be non-sentient, it doesn't count. lol

@BinoAl: Thank you. also, that's a great comment you made.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

And my comment suddenly disappeared from top voted? Was it marked as spam, or just deleted?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote:And my comment suddenly disappeared from top voted? Was it marked as spam, or just deleted?
Honestly, I think it just cycles through the most upvoted or something. Mine hasn't shown up in awhile either, but I went back in the history to check its status, and it was still fine.