New Release! (BTW V4.20)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.20)

Post by Sarudak »

Busler wrote:you may think so, but others don't. I think that you should add something in the config to disable the feature. If not, then what file should I delete to remove the feature?
He's absolutely not going to help you with that. Especially before you've even tried the feature.
Ecoweb

Post by Ecoweb »

Busler wrote:
-Added Hardcore Bedding as a new mod feature. This effectively disables beds as a means to set spawn position and to skip the night. This was done to encourage construction (especially of rail networks), restore the balance between day and night activities within the game, restore the impact of weather on gameplay, and to give player death more consequence. Beds are just a bad feature, mkay?
you may think so, but others don't. I think that you should add something in the config to disable the feature. If not, then what file should I delete to remove the feature?
Just delete the entire c:/ drive, it'll disable the feature.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Ecoweb wrote:Just delete the entire c:/ drive, it'll disable the feature.
No need to get destructively rude like that. AND we're off topic in the release thread.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ozziie wrote: I was being "thrilled" by the game that I had been losing interest in. I was being inspired by the mod that is reinstilling the interest I once had.
Thanks man! Glad it has had such a positive impact on your play experience :)
Busler wrote: you may think so, but others don't. I think that you should add something in the config to disable the feature. If not, then what file should I delete to remove the feature?
Goodbye.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

I'm a bit late (back from ban) but I wanted to say "thank you" for this release.

Let's start with stakes. These are amazing! They work exactly how one would expect them to. Their placement reminds me of BTB/BC's landmarks. Also, they are very sexy as a decoration :)

Hardcore bedding. Umm. I don't understand why people (mainly from MCF) are that much against this feature. I mean, HCB felt more like a radical gameplay change! Beds were not that important. Moreover, I was always getting back home too early because of the upcoming night. Now I simply stay out at night building what needs to be built. It was quite fun to defend my village too!

And finally chickens... Massive lolz.

Well, thank you for that amazing release, FC!
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

After playing for a long while I have to say that Hardcore Bedding has to be one of the best additions to the mod and is one of my favorite features to date. I have never had so much fun designing and building railways before. I've always loved 'incentive to build' type mechanics, now HC Bedding is giving me an outlet for all of these excess rails I have.

As always, thanks for the update, FC. I am more than excited for future updates.
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals