BTW Community Castle (v2.4 - 06/09)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Urian

Re: BTW Community Castle

Post by Urian »

I will most likely skip my turn for now, I'm leaving tomorrow morning (at 9am UTC+2) and will be gone until Monday evening so I won't be able to build anything.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Yeah, just got back from work, I'll start my turn now.
And you posted it while I was sleeping so I couldn't start immediately ;)
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Woohoo! Batto epicosity incoming!

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

JWA wrote:Ug please don't let this die... I would happily manage the turn and download list if thats the part you don't like. Or heck, make it elitist but keep it going so we can see the joint projects you guys come up with.

I suppose one alternative would be to set up a vanilla server for us to build on...
I'm just not a fan of keeping anything like this up and running. the way i had it set up, i would only need to add people to the list, but that way isn't going to work very well. Battosay is working on the world, so don't worry, its not dead :p Also, the thinking behind this was its the closest to btw multiplayer i could come up with. Theres a billion vanilla servers out there
Urian

Post by Urian »

Something that's possible (and quite common in similar threads at the official MC forums) is that people can select and reserve an area/plot they want to build on. This way, people can plan what they will build before their turn and then just copy it, be it by hand or via schematics.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Urian wrote:Something that's possible (and quite common in similar threads at the official MC forums) is that people can select and reserve an area/plot they want to build on. This way, people can plan what they will build before their turn and then just copy it, be it by hand or via schematics.
Actually, to accentuate on this, there's a sand bar out in the middle of the bay, behind the boat. I highly doubt anybody's going to build there, but just in case, I'd like to reserve it.

( ")_v

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Bin reading the posts... Can i be added to the list??

*Hopes it doesnt go to the turtles!!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

jamestully22 wrote:Bin reading the posts... Can i be added to the list??

*Hopes it doesnt go to the turtles!!
Added :D although it'll be a while, things seem to be going painfully slow :0
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Yeah, I'm a slow builder, sorry :o
I don't really know how to use MCEdit, to import back what I did, so I failed a lot :p
And I didn't had much time to play lately, lots of work, wife's pregnancy, step-family in the house, etc etc. If I'm not done by tomorrow I'lll skip my turn and i'll add it later (again), I swear ^^
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

BinoAl wrote:Added :D although it'll be a while, things seem to be going painfully slow :0
Whatever, ill bet that there are some pretty awesome things going onto this map!! Cant wait... imma make a lil simple house or somthing, nothin fancy... just a house! QX

Edit: Holy Crap Battosay, good luck with all that commotion!! =O

EditEdit: Agree To The Bleow 'make it sexy!"
Last edited by magikeh on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magical Shit
Show
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Battosay wrote:Yeah, I'm a slow builder, sorry :o
I don't really know how to use MCEdit, to import back what I did, so I failed a lot :p
And I didn't had much time to play lately, lots of work, wife's pregnancy, step-family in the house, etc etc. If I'm not done by tomorrow I'lll skip my turn and i'll add it later (again), I swear ^^
YOUR GONNA FINISH IT AND YOUR GONNA LIKE IT >:(
Haha. It's not you thats being slow, its all the issues we had earlier. Take your time, make it friggin sexy :D
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

My plan, for my next project, is to build a 10-floor elevator down from a good-sized plateau around, say, 16 blocks above sea-level. Thus, each floor will have about 7 blocks, accounting for spare wiring and the few bottom levels taken by bedrock. I'm claiming, for myself, the bottom floor, for whatever I want to build there. What I want to know is, anyone else want to reserve a floor for themselves? I don't feel like coming up with 10 floors of interesting things, so I'll leave it to you if you wish. I just hope for reservations in advance in case somebody really wanted a spot from the elevator but it gets taken by someone else.

So, keeping in mind that 1st floor is right below the ground, while 10th is right near bedrock--

1st - [N/A]
2nd - [N/A]
3rd - [N/A]
4th - [N/A]
5th - [N/A]
6th - [N/A]
7th - [N/A]
8th - [N/A]
9th - [N/A]
10th - [Fracture]

Derp, disregard this. Forgot it's BTW only, and for that project I need redpower.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Fracture wrote:
Derp, disregard this. Forgot it's BTW only, and for that project I need redpower.
The way I understood the rules, you can't use blocks from any other mod, but vanilla blocks are fine, and so there is nothing wrong with using redstone power. Unless you're planning on using wireless redstone or something...
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

xD RedPower, not redstone power. It's a redstone-enhancing mod, allows making cables, insulated cables, and bundled cables, which are effectively necessary for this elevator in order to keep it in a reasonable footprint.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Fracture wrote:xD RedPower, not redstone power. It's a redstone-enhancing mod, allows making cables, insulated cables, and bundled cables, which are effectively necessary for this elevator in order to keep it in a reasonable footprint.
Ah, okay. That makes sense. Sounds like a cool mod, maybe I'll take a look at it.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Fracture wrote:xD RedPower, not redstone power. It's a redstone-enhancing mod, allows making cables, insulated cables, and bundled cables, which are effectively necessary for this elevator in order to keep it in a reasonable footprint.
Yeah, i might check this out too. Maybe you could tart something like this little project but with this mod included? Id be interested to see what people come up with ^.^
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

A'ight, maybe I will xD I'll get it installed and functional, then start working on an OP for it.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

one thing that you guys should do is get the maker to post pics of what they added so the community can follow the project more closely!
Magical Shit
Show
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

jamestully22 wrote:one thing that you guys should do is get the maker to post pics of what they added so the community can follow the project more closely!
+1 to this idea, and maybe the id numbers of each item if possible so we know what to change the redpower wires to if there is a conflict
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
jamestully22 wrote:one thing that you guys should do is get the maker to post pics of what they added so the community can follow the project more closely!
+1 to this idea, and maybe the id numbers of each item if possible so we know what to change the redpower wires to if there is a conflict

true true, this would create one hell of a long OP but id be willing to read it all, it could be structured somthing like this
Person Who Is Making OP wrote: Community Project
Bla Bla Blah Blarg Blah
(say what the project is aiming to be/where its gonna go)
Current Download
Spoiler
Show
Post link here
Who Is In Line:
Name 1
Name 2
Name 3
JamesTully22
Walker_boh_65
Uran

Legend:
Its This Persons Turn
You Are In Line
You Have Had Your Turn

What Has Happened (Progress So Far)
Jesus wrote: oroginal World
Spoiler
Show
post all the pics here
Jesus wrote:What Name 1 Did
Spoiler
Show
post all the pics here
Jesus wrote: What Name 2 Did
Spoiler
Show
post all the pics here
Magical Shit
Show
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

If someone wants to manage that, that OP would work perfectly
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Lol well here is the code for the OP:

Good luck to all those that decide to get on board this project!!!
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

[quote="Person Who Is Making OP"]
[color=#0000BF][size=200]Community Project[/size][/color]
Bla Bla Blah Blarg Blah
(say what the project is aiming to be/where its gonna go)

[quote]Current Download
[spoiler]Post link here[/spoiler][/quote]

[size=150]Who Is In Line: [/size]
[s]Name 1[/s]
[s]Name 2[/s]
[color=#80FF00]Name 3[/color]
JamesTully22
Walker_boh_65
Uran

Legend:
[color=#40FF40]    Its This Persons Turn[/color]
    You Are In Line
    [s]You Have Had Your Turn[/s]

[size=150]What Has Happened (Progress So Far)[/size]
[quote="Jesus"] oroginal World 
[spoiler]post all the pics here[/spoiler][/quote]
[quote="Jesus"]What Name 1 Did 
[spoiler]post all the pics here[/spoiler][/quote]
[quote="Jesus"] What Name 2 Did
[spoiler]post all the pics here[/spoiler][/quote][/quote]
Magical Shit
Show
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Just as an FYI the redpower wires also need the red core to work, it doesnt add anything, just so all of the mod maker mods can work together easily

Red Power ID's:
Spoiler
Show
Red alloy wire:117
covers (any type): 117-#
insulated wire(any color): 118-#
Bundled cable: 119
Red Alloy Ingot: 1261
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

I've got some ideas for the OP, though I might steal some of that :P

What I meant by work on the OP was work on the original world. I'm going to first find a good seed, then make that 10-floor elevator, then post it up and start it. I'll also be providing links to all the needed downloads (BTW, RedPower, Risugami's ModLoader and that other thingy RedPower needs) and a cartographer map of the currently generated area where people can mark off reservations and such.

I guess it'll be the Advanced Redstone Community Build?

I'm also going to have it so that whoever's currently working on it PMs it to me, rather than posting it on the thread. That way there's no download confusion, and I can skim the world quickly to make sure nothing was griefed or despawned by someone without the needed mods.

Edit: Walker, could you check if those conflict at all? I'm currently on my laptop, but if there are conflicts I'll make a config file to use for redpower so everyone has the right IDs.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Fracture wrote:I've got some ideas for the OP, though I might steal some of that :P

What I meant by work on the OP was work on the original world. I'm going to first find a good seed, then make that 10-floor elevator, then post it up and start it. I'll also be providing links to all the needed downloads (BTW, RedPower, Risugami's ModLoader and that other thingy RedPower needs) and a cartographer map of the currently generated area where people can mark off reservations and such.

I guess it'll be the Advanced Redstone Community Build?

I'm also going to have it so that whoever's currently working on it PMs it to me, rather than posting it on the thread. That way there's no download confusion, and I can skim the world quickly to make sure nothing was griefed or despawned by someone without the needed mods.

Edit: Walker, could you check if those conflict at all? I'm currently on my laptop, but if there are conflicts I'll make a config file to use for redpower so everyone has the right IDs.

sounds great and feel free to take the whole thing, it is after all made just for you.... and anyone else that wants to use/abuse it!! ^_^/ Good Luck!!
Magical Shit
Show