Raust's Mods Thread (Discussing Project Enderscale)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves

Which of my mods do you use?

Doggy Talents
29%
TTWTTTTT
9%
MagiCats
18%
Raust's Tools
32%
Nyctophobia
12%

Total votes: 34
RaustBlackDragon

Re: Raust's Mods Thread

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

FlowerChild wrote:
BinoAl wrote: What do you mean by rotating it 90 degrees? All tools have this orientation... Did you just mean the blade?
I think he means so that the blade is pointed towards the top left instead of right. That's basically the way all the tools are oriented in MC, and will make it look better when being held in your hand.

Raust, you can just flip the horizontal on the image to get the same effect though.

EDIT: Actually NM, that's not the way vMC tools are oriented, but I think it's still what he means :)
Basically, know how some texture packs shift the shovel so its action is more shovelly? Same thing, think that orientation would make it look more like a sawing motion.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

RaustBlackDragon wrote: Basically, know how some texture packs shift the shovel so its action is more shovelly? Same thing, think that orientation would make it look more like a sawing motion.
Hm... Sorry, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about xD
Happen to have any examples?
RaustBlackDragon

BinoAl wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote: Basically, know how some texture packs shift the shovel so its action is more shovelly? Same thing, think that orientation would make it look more like a sawing motion.
Hm... Sorry, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about xD
Happen to have any examples?

first few seconds of this video showcase it perfectly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE1dOQtauEM
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I think he just means this:

BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:first few seconds of this video showcase it perfectly

Ahhh, ok, I get it :D
Oh, and is the blade itself facing the right way? with the non curved side facing downward (or technically forward)
RaustBlackDragon

BinoAl wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:first few seconds of this video showcase it perfectly

Ahhh, ok, I get it :D
Oh, and is the blade itself facing the right way? with the non curved side facing downward (or technically forward)
yep, that's correct, and if you rotate rather than flip, it'll still be the case if you did that shovellish thing too :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Carpenter's Saw

Kukri (It's a bitch to make a curved blade with 16x16 pixels ;p)

Mason's Pick
RaustBlackDragon

FlowerChild wrote:I think he just means this:

Yes, thanks, that's what I was after :)
BinoAl wrote:Carpenter's Saw

Kukri (It's a bitch to make a curved blade with 16x16 pixels ;p)

Mason's Pick
lol, just quote this post and look at the image links, it's a little funny. Yeah, what FC did is what I had in mind :)

Thanks a ton, I'll work on the new tools soon!

And don't worry, you did a great job with the kukri :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

I'm on a mobile so I can't actually post a link to the actual video right now, but Direwolf20 did a review of Doggy Talents :D
Quality comes before quantity.
RaustBlackDragon

ThatOneDude wrote:I'm on a mobile so I can't actually post a link to the actual video right now, but Direwolf20 did a review of Doggy Talents :D
Yep, I saw it :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

ThatOneDude wrote:I'm on a mobile so I can't actually post a link to the actual video right now, but Direwolf20 did a review of Doggy Talents :D
*looks back a page*
Thanks for the new news ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RaustBlackDragon wrote: Yes, thanks, that's what I was after :)
NP. Do you have a copy of Paint.net btw? It's free, and it's a 2 second job to do stuff like that (which is why I posted the image as I figured it was quicker than further explanation :) ).

I use it for all the graphics in BTW, and I haven't run into anything I haven't been able to pull off with it.
RaustBlackDragon

FlowerChild wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote: Yes, thanks, that's what I was after :)
NP. Do you have a copy of Paint.net btw? It's free, and it's a 2 second job to do stuff like that (which is why I posted the image as I figured it was quicker than further explanation :) ).

I use it for all the graphics in BTW, and I haven't run into anything I haven't been able to pull off with it.

Thanks for the tip! I've been using Gimp for my needs since I use a mac. I'll see if it's mac compatible :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RaustBlackDragon wrote: Thanks for the tip! I've been using Gimp for my needs since I use a mac. I'll see if it's mac compatible :)
I don't think it is unfortunately. It's too bad, as Gimp is probably overkill for doing something like Minecraft textures (I used to use it for doing images in professional design documents actually) and may be making things more complicated for you than they need to be.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

FlowerChild wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote: Thanks for the tip! I've been using Gimp for my needs since I use a mac. I'll see if it's mac compatible :)
I don't think it is unfortunately. It's too bad, as Gimp is probably overkill for doing something like Minecraft textures and may be making things more complicated for you than they need to be.
I use gimp, I don't think it is overcomplicated, though I have been using it since i was a kid, so I suppose I may just be used to it.
And HOW!
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
*looks back a page*
Thanks for the new news ;)
o_O
O_o
Mind= Blown dude to my stupidity -_-
Quality comes before quantity.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote: I use gimp, I don't think it is overcomplicated, though I have been using it since i was a kid, so I suppose I may just be used to it.
It's been quite a few years since I've used it, and I don't think it's overcomplicated in general, but doing low-res 2D game art is not the same thing as editing other images, and certain kinds of tools can complicate that process significantly by providing power that is just not necessary for the job at hand.

If I remember right, it largely follows how Photoshop works, and while I can't remember the precise details, I remember having a hard time getting it to do what I wanted when I was most interested in just manually editing individual pixels. If I also remember right, both Photoshop and Gimp are more oriented towards doing publication quality photo editing.

Anyways, if whatever package you're using makes you prefer to ask for someone to rotate an image rather than just doing it, there might be a problem :)
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

it is really easy to do one pixel edits. I just zoom in on the place I want to work on, use the pencil tool, make it as small as possible, and it works perfect for one pixel edits.
And HOW!
RaustBlackDragon

FlowerChild wrote: Anyways, if whatever package you're using makes you prefer to ask for someone to rotate an image rather than just doing it, there might be a problem :)
Fair point, but I may actually just not be looking in the right place for the rotation feature, it may be patently obvious without me realizing it. Thanks for your help :)
Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:it is really easy to do one pixel edits. I just zoom in on the place I want to work on, use the pencil tool, make it as small as possible, and it works perfect for one pixel edits.
Yes, that's generally what I do with it too.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:it is really easy to do one pixel edits. I just zoom in on the place I want to work on, use the pencil tool, make it as small as possible, and it works perfect for one pixel edits.

Whatever man. It's not necessary to turn every minor observation into a debate. I remember it being more difficult to work with for low-res 2D art than Paint.net is, so I recommended an alternative. That's it.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:I remember it being more difficult to work with for low-res 2D art than Paint.net is, so I recommended an alternative
Yeah, paint.net is a hell of a lot better than GIMP for pixel art. I actually have GIMP installed to make textures for mapping for various games. It's "make seamless" filter is an absolute godsend if you can remove the slight blurring effect
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

RaustBlackDragon wrote: Oh and Anarchitect, I saw your post on the RBDTools thread and replied to it, including my, in hindsight, incredibly stupid justification for using shears in the machete recipe :)

Thanks a ton for the input.
Thank you for taking it in the spirit intended. I've noted before that I tend to complain about things I like and defend things I hate.

Question? Would you prefer to talk about the mod here, or on the MDF thread?
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
RaustBlackDragon

TheAnarchitect wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote: Oh and Anarchitect, I saw your post on the RBDTools thread and replied to it, including my, in hindsight, incredibly stupid justification for using shears in the machete recipe :)

Thanks a ton for the input.
Thank you for taking it in the spirit intended. I've noted before that I tend to complain about things I like and defend things I hate.

Question? Would you prefer to talk about the mod here, or on the MDF thread?
probably on the mcf thread :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
RaustBlackDragon

Well I haven't experienced any noticeable spike in downloads, but it does seem like the DR20 fanbase opinion is that they want to see DT in the next season of DireWolf20's let's play! That would be absolutely awesome if that happens :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Make no mistake Raust, the theme of your mod appeals to a lot of minecrafters ;]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said