No more turtles

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
destineternel

Re: No more turtles

Post by destineternel »

As a fairly new person to these forums it is sad to see this happen in such a great community. :( *pours one to the curb*
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

This morning I was sad because I thought I was kicked from the turtles due to being so inactive in the community lately... All things considered, I would have preferred that, compared to the current situation. Sigh.

The guy goes forward to throw a punch at a "rival" and got responded by being stabbed by a "friend" in the heart through the back. Unbelievable.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

logorouge wrote:This morning I was sad because I thought I was kicked from the turtles due to being so inactive in the community lately... All things considered, I would have preferred that, compared to the current situation. Sigh.
Pretty much this. Given that the elitist swine have been around right from the beginning...end of an era, I guess.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

I am really sorry to hear about this, FC. I've been lurking around for quite a long time, since before the turtles' forum was private, and, while I don't really know what happened inside it since then, I know that it must have been important to you.
We've always seen you talk about the little trust you could put in a place such as the internet, even in a community developed by yourself and people that cared about something they loved. It makes me sad to see that someone made use of the trust you gave him.
I haven't posted much these days, as I'm not playing MC too much, but I still check the forums every single day, and it frustrates me that such an awesome community had an asshole of this level. Worse, that the asshole was someone you, and probably many else, trusted. I'm sure I don't know ALL the turtles, but, of all I knew, I wouldn't really be able to even guess who could have done such a thing.

I'm not good at this kind of thing, but I sincerely hope that this doesn't affect your life and your opinion of this community in a negative way. You have my best wishes, man.
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

I'm really sorry to see this happen. I'm going to miss my Green colored name :(
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

kregoth wrote:I'm really sorry to see this happen. I'm going to miss my Green colored name :(
Me too... Now how will I know that I'm special? *cries*
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

It is unfortunate things have ended this way. I will say many of the turtles have set a fine example of being great contributors and constructive members of the community. Thank you all for that! I'm sure that although you aren't green anymore, you will still be outstanding posters.
I enjoy the interaction between FC and Sarudak in particular and hope they continue as always!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

If only the guilty party would come forward... Seems kinda a cowards way out to make everyone suffer for your actions. Not to mention it casts doubt on others in the community. I mean if you have such a beef with FC you should be able to come out and say it. Of course he'll most likely ban you but why should you care about that when you clearly don't care about the community anymore. As a reward you get to make your statement and be at peace with your conscience...
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Wow man, that really sucks... I didn't think any of the turtles were that low. It's hugely disappointing
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

Sarudak wrote:As a reward you get to make your statement and be at peace with your conscience...
I'm not sure if anyone who abuses someone else's trust this way should be able to be at peace, at least not this soon.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

abzu93 wrote: I had a very short exchange with JojHeywood yesterday when he came to the IRC channel. He made it undeniably clear while there that his only purpose was to troll FC and the BTW community. If he's claiming some other ethical higher purpose, then he is utterly full of horseshit; or so out of touch with reality that interacting with him is pointless.
Yup, I'm aware. I was just giving him a chance to potentially give away his accomplice before giving him the boot.

I saw the transcript, and it was very apparent that wasn't an accident. Given his attitude here, I think his intent is pretty clear as well.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

He seemed so nice and helpful at first...
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Sarudak wrote:He seemed so nice and helpful at first...
Its always the nice ones...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:He seemed so nice and helpful at first...
Yup, he did, but I think that was more putting on a show to give the surface appearance of being impartial.

I think it's pretty evident that he's an RP fan boy with a grudge against me as a result, as I suspect our mole is as well.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

logorouge wrote:This morning I was sad because I thought I was kicked from the turtles due to being so inactive in the community lately... All things considered, I would have preferred that, compared to the current situation. Sigh.
Nah man, you don't ever have to worry about that. You've been with me and the mod since pretty much the beginning, and even if you aren't as active as you used to be, I always smile when I see you pop up and post.

There's very few left from those early days, and I definitely feel a bond of loyalty towards you.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote:
Yup, he did, but I think that was more putting on a show to give the surface appearance of being impartial.

I think it's pretty evident that he's an RP fan boy with a grudge against me as a result, as I suspect our mole is as well.
You think it was an intentional infiltration? Like something that had been planned for a long time?
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

Sarudak wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:

You think it was an intentional infiltration? Like something that had been planned for a long time?
I know there's a lot of bad blood between BTW and RP, but that seems a little bit extreme. I find it hard to imagine that someone was so bored they actually decided to infiltrate a forum, be nice for months or years until they became a moderator, and then leaked information from the private subforum. No-one's that dedicated to a making one mod win against another.
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:You think it was an intentional infiltration? Like something that had been planned for a long time?
No way of knowing, but I wouldn't be surprised.

The goon crowd has definitely talked about something like that before. I've made a lot of enemies over the past year and a half :)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

FlowerChild wrote:The goon crowd has definitely talked about something like that before. I've made a lot of enemies over the past year and a half :)
Thats just the lowest of the low for someone to do that.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

What a buncha balls. My brain just doesn't understand these things. I don't like Call of Duty, I'm not going to use a particle of my energy to even search for a Call of Duty forum and start trolling, especially not all the energy, negative energy, it takes to plot and scheme. Sad, as energies ooze and infect. FC, I hope you're also receiving enough positive to counteract. I offer you some of mine.
*Looks around unknowing, searching for a way of significant textual expression...*
*Pat* *pat*
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Huh... The funny thing is that you've never really said anything on that forum that people wouldn't know about you if they were paying attention. :P

Dang there's more I want to say about that but not sure if I should on a public forum... :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Huh... The funny thing is that you've never really said anything on that forum that people wouldn't know about you if they were paying attention. :P
Nope, not really. Like, I don't think it's any secret I hate Eloraam's guts, or the reasons behind that, and in fact I've been the only real outspoken critic of her ongoing behavior.

All it did was provide me with an area where I could feel free to talk without worrying about public reaction. No real secrets were being kept.
Sarudak wrote:Dang there's more I want to say about that but not sure if I should on a public forum... :P
Feel free to PM me about it if you like man.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote:Feel free to PM me about it if you like man.
Heh no it's not like that. It was more specific examples to prove my point but I'm hyper-sensitive about breaking confidence. Especially right now. Like your feelings about eloraam or that the vertical windmill was a 'screw you' to her.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Like your feelings about eloraam or that the vertical windmill was a 'screw you' to her.
If that was meant to be a secret, I don't think I would have made a public spectacle out of it ;)

I think it was pretty clear to anyone that has an even superficial understanding of me or the mod or the history between us what the intent behind that was.

She once again decided to mimic one of the mod features right down to the exact dimensions of her sail blades (no joke...check for yourself) to invite comparison and cause trouble between the two communities. She also made the uncharacteristic mistake of letting that leak before she was ready to release.

She obviously wanted trouble, and I was happy to oblige. The people in her community going on about "Wind Mills weren't an original idea to begin with" give me a good frigging laugh. It's not about copying Wind Mills. It's about copying specific visual elements with the obvious intent to draw comparisons and aggravate.

The woman really is a total bitch. I've largely kept myself out of her competitive games despite her repeatedly pulling these stunts (like in imitating the precise visual looks of the Hibachi, or choosing a visual style for her Frames eerily similar to that of Platforms), but this was way too golden an opportunity to pass up.

Why she would choose to stir up this kind of trouble when she's obviously burnt out and unable to even stay on top of updating her mod is beyond me, but if she's determined to still throw punches at me while she's already on the ropes, I'm happy to take that opportunity for a bit of good old fashioned revenge for both myself and some other modding friends that have been subjected to her scummy behavior along the way.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

It's not her fault she copied buildcraft pipes! She drank to much absinthe and in a blacked out and woke up later with tubes in her mod. She told me that herself. Clearly an accident... XP