Mobs' Interactions with The Nether Portal

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
magikeh

Mobs' Interactions with The Nether Portal

Post by magikeh »

Please note this thread before continuing:
Scary Portal (make Nether portal more dangerous)

Since Mojang's recent addition to VMC that allows any entity to go through a nether portal it got me thinking about what might happen to peoples bases. My suggestion is that when a zombie pigman comes through the nether portal (to the overworld) they are set to the aggro state. Its quite a simple aspect of game play that i think will make the game that much more interesting. Many players decide somewhere to setup their nether portal in a convenient location and not just one portal too. They heed the thought that it is a portal to a much more dangerous dimension. This would enhance game play in that it would make the player create a safe-room of some sorts for each nether portal that they would setup (or risk aggro zombie pigmen running rampant around their base)
Also FC added the hardcore chickens part to the mod (please forgive me if i am incorrect here) Which, when a chicken is in the nether it becomes a sponge of sorts for the souls that are in the nether and the chicken gets to a point where it can contain no more and it bursts. Now since the nether is basically a hell in MC i was thinking that any passive animal that would be brought into the nether would be unresponsive to any of Steve's efforts to get its attention, mostly due to the fact that the animal is scared shitless about being brought to hell by Steve. (additionally i think it would be quite a task to reproduce with the souls of the dammned surrounding you)

That's my suggestion, I've followed normal protocol for adding a suggestion (searching for related suggestions and several evaluations of the current suggestion) so with that i hope you guys find this as interesting of a suggestion that i do.

Thanks All ^_^/
-MagikEh
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
BinoAl

Re: Mobs' Interactions with The Nether Portal

Post by BinoAl »

Seems like it could be a cool addition, adds more threat to a nether portal than having kind pigmen wandering your base.
...but was making the suggestion worth the risk? ;)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Tis kinda wordy...I guess it'll be based on FC's mood.

Portal pigmen spawning aggressively seems neat though. If it's an easy thing to change, I support the idea.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

BinoAl wrote:Seems like it could be a cool addition, adds more threat to a nether portal than having kind pigmen wandering your base.
...but was making the suggestion worth the risk? ;)
Yes, i know the risk. But i do sincerely think that this is a valid gameplay aspect that is going to just add one of those things that makes a player go "huh, thats cool" and then proceed to build a compound deep under their base for the portal. But yeah, FC said he'll ban if he doesn't like the idea, so he can like it but that doesn't mean that he'll add it to the mod. (aka my soft exoskeleton = saved) :P
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I think players will just disable their portals when they aren't using it, and re-enable it when they go back. It sounds far easier than constructing a trap around the portal, and as long as it doesn't output at the same rate as a normal pigmen farm players just don't have any reason to do it.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

But creating traps is fun D:.

Besides, you just need a few vine traps with a piston bridge under them, controlled by a T-latch connected to several obsidian ....

Or a....

And...

And yeah, sounds like fun to me.
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

Considering my portal is in the middle of my base I would definitely think twice before leaving it there if this gets implemented
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

duartemad wrote:Considering my portal is in the middle of my base I would definitely think twice before leaving it there if this gets implemented
Being portals to hell, they don't really fit right in the middle of a base. :)
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

The first suggestion is semi-valid. Rather useless, but somewhat valid

The 2nd suggestion though, in addition to breaking the rule about 1 suggestion per thread, is also rather annoying as it relates to an unreleased feature of MC. As you yourself are aware, I've already changed chicken behavior in the nether. Isn't it then reasonable to assume that I did this in anticipation of that upcoming change?

I'll let you off with a temp-ban for this suggestion since you are a long-term and generally constructive member of these forums, but I'd advise not making any further suggestions in the future.