Hardcore grinding - Cookies

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Nielmor

Hardcore grinding - Cookies

Post by Nielmor »

very simple, replace the current cookie recipe (1 coca bean and 2 wheat) with one that conforms to hardcore grinding requiring 2 flour and 1 coca bean
The_Ender_lord

Re: Hardcore grinding - Cookies

Post by The_Ender_lord »

Seems reasonable...
I think 1 flour and 1 cocao bean would be better though.
All you need is bacon and duct tape.
Nielmor

Post by Nielmor »

The_Ender_lord wrote:Seems reasonable...
I think 1 flour and 1 cocao bean would be better though.
you could be right but we can only leave it up to FC to decide what he thinks is reasonable.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

This is ver obvious guys, don't you think FC has thought of this ?

Stop making damned hardcore suggestions, just to jump on the train man. Go to learn the community and the mod better first before posting
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Donzaffi wrote:This is ver obvious guys, don't you think FC has thought of this ?
I don't think he thought of it. I think it was an oversight. If cake and bread require flour, it makes sense for cookies to as well. Cookies are just easy to forget about.
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

I think it'd make more sense if one flour+one cocoa bean= four cookies in the cauldron, or something.
Quality comes before quantity.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Whilst not against the rules (at least for this subforum), suggestions about features that are still being implimented don't go down well. On MCF FC said that it wasn't done, with dyes and stuff still to change. That and suggesting recipes goes against the first note in the subforum rules. Just because a feature hasn't been implimented doesn't mean it wont, especially obvious ones. It's probably on FC's todo list below more fun and interesting stuff.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
SpaceGuyR

Post by SpaceGuyR »

Is there any difference between donuts and cookies? They both heal 1 bar hunger and have little saturation, and if made 1 flour = 4 it'd be a waste of cocoa beans and nothing else, especially if put into the Cauldron.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

SpaceGuyR wrote:Is there any difference between donuts and cookies? They both heal 1 bar hunger and have little saturation, and if made 1 flour = 4 it'd be a waste of cocoa beans and nothing else, especially if put into the Cauldron.
From the info on the wikis, donuts give you a bit more saturation than cookies (0.4 compared to 2). Both recipes give you 4 donuts/cookies per wheat.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

jecowa wrote:
SpaceGuyR wrote:Is there any difference between donuts and cookies? They both heal 1 bar hunger and have little saturation, and if made 1 flour = 4 it'd be a waste of cocoa beans and nothing else, especially if put into the Cauldron.
From the info on the wikis, donuts give you a bit more saturation than cookies (0.4 compared to 2). Both recipes give you 4 donuts/cookies per wheat.
so why someone has to made cookies if less effective so the discussion seems at a dead end here now ;)

jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Donzaffi wrote:
jecowa wrote: From the info on the wikis, donuts give you a bit more saturation than cookies (0.4 compared to 2). Both recipes give you 4 donuts/cookies per wheat.
so why someone has to made cookies if less effective so the discussion seems at a dead end here now ;)
Why does someone have to make anything? I can sustain myself just fine with a small wheat farm and dirt hut. Or even better I could dig a small hole at the beginning, hide down there forever, and never need to eat at all.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

jecowa wrote:
Donzaffi wrote:
jecowa wrote: From the info on the wikis, donuts give you a bit more saturation than cookies (0.4 compared to 2). Both recipes give you 4 donuts/cookies per wheat.
Why does someone have to make anything? I can sustain myself just fine with a small wheat farm and dirt hut. Or even better I could dig a small hole at the beginning, hide down there forever, and never need to eat at all.
Simple thing, why wasting time making a feature that nobody uses ? Only to have it avaiable?
If now you say simple yes, its better to dig your hole ;) But be cautions in Anarchy perhabs someone suffocate you with a dung block

jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Donzaffi wrote:Simple thing, why wasting time making a feature that nobody uses ? Only to have it avaiable?
If now you say simple yes, its better to dig your hole ;) But be cautions in Anarchy perhabs someone suffocate you with a dung block
It's not a waste of time to keep the game well-polished and provide consistent and logical functionality to the user. Aren't recipe changes one of the things that are relatively quick and easy to change for an experienced Minecraft modder?
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Woah, let's calm it down a bit before FC just decides to ban everyone. Arguments in the suggestion forum are like playing with dynamite in a nitroglycerin plant - it never ends well. :)

I think you both make good points - Cookies being made with flour makes a lot of sense, and it probably is something FC has thought of.

Now let's just wait for FC to either weigh in or lock this thread - no point in anyone getting banned who doesn't have to.
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

"Hey man, how about floor instead of wheat for cookies"
"Yeah, that´s propably something Fc had already thought of"
"But then it should only use one flour"
"Fc haz thought of this propably."
"But would anybody use it? I think Fc already thought of something like this"
"Woot! It makes sense and Fc has propably thought of it already!"
"Yeah, I´m joining the circle and say that it makes sense! (and Fc has propably thought of it)"

It´s like people can´t live withou a locked suggestion thread.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇