Factory Concept: Automated WW and WM construction.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Damion Rayne

Factory Concept: Automated WW and WM construction.

Post by Damion Rayne »

I've got a Factory concept that I believe would work best combining BTW and BuildCraft thanks to BC's piping and sorting systems. The Concept is bellow,

Stage 1: Base Resource accumulation.

Base Resource 1: Cow Leather to be placed in a rendering device to be turned into glue for the production of Water Wheels.
Base Resource 2: Hemp to be grown and automatically harvested for the creation of Water Wheels and Wind Mills.
Base Resource 3: Wood to be automatically farmed and harvested for the creation of WW's and WM's.

Stage 2:

BR1: Accumulation process achieved via non-hostile mob farm and grinder, using pipes and hoppers to sort cow leather from other NHM resources. BR1 to be sent to rendering device to melt down into glue. Glue to be placed in storage devices or sent onward to second stage factory.

BR2: Accumulation process achieved via automated hemp-farm. This base resource gathering unit designed to auto-harvest hemp, send to millstone for grinding into fibers and onward to a hopper based collection system. Hemp fibers to be sent to storage system and pulled from storage system via pipelines and turned into Sheets and Rope via auto-crafting tables.

BR3: Saw based automatic collection and sorting of wood to assist in creation of WW's and WM's. This stage designed to harvest wood and sort it via hopper/pipe system and send sorted wood to automatic crafting tables.

Stage 3:

Stage 3 is final stage construction of end products.

Note: This is still a work in progress concept and any feedback would be most welcome. If I offend by adding BuildCraft into the mix I apologize, but I have no other idea how to automate the construction of water wheels and wind mills with BTW alone as it stands. BC brings the pipe and auto-crafting tables systems into the mix needed to achieve such a daunting task.

Respectfully,
DR
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
Deepsniper

Re: Factory Concept: Automated WW and WM construction.

Post by Deepsniper »

Lol I'm actually in the process of building that kidn of setup on my world I'm making once I'm done I'll upload the world for you guys to examine
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Battosay, any ideas on this?
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Sorry man, I don't use BC, and don't plan on using it, so I can't help you on that. I've never used it, so I wouldn't even know what you need to do :/
Looks like a nice project though :)
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Battosay wrote:Sorry man, I don't use BC, and don't plan on using it, so I can't help you on that. I've never used it, so I wouldn't even know what you need to do :/
Ok any ideas on how to handle something like this semi-auto with nothing but BTW?
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
Urian

Post by Urian »

With the exception of the automated crafting (which can't be done without BC), I believe that there are videos of all the other steps you mention. I even believe that Battosay has videos of them all so I recommend checking out his youtube channel for ideas :)

Here's a tutorial I made for how to build an automated sugar cane and hemp farm that has a quite small footprint and can easily be extended upwards:
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

I've never seen a "Reed Clock" before, how's it work?
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

well the time that it takes for the reed to grow to full height is whats measured by a detector block then with a piston you cut the reed and restarts the timer
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Deepsniper wrote:well the time that it takes for the reed to grow to full height is whats measured by a detector block then with a piston you cut the reed and restarts the timer
Ah, gotcha, ty.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
Glox

Post by Glox »

Looks very nice and all, but what is the use? Auto windmill and waterwheel crafting? What's the use in that? No one should use that many of them to need an auto factory for them. An axle and gearbox factory would be way more usefull. Though gearboxes require redstone so fully auto is impossible. Or maybe a platform factory. Idk.
Building for the fun is offcourse a good enough reason to do this, and i support you completely (<3 factories). But if you're going to do something like this anyway you could let it produce something usefull too :p
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Damion Rayne wrote:
Battosay wrote:Sorry man, I don't use BC, and don't plan on using it, so I can't help you on that. I've never used it, so I wouldn't even know what you need to do :/
Ok any ideas on how to handle something like this semi-auto with nothing but BTW?
With BTW only, you can easily make the hemp fibers - wood/panel/moulding production automated, but you won't be able to make the crafting part without BC.
I don't know how much you're familiar with BTW and redstone, but an automated hemp farm connected to a millstone is really easy to make
(I made a tutorial too, it's a bit outdated since now pistons are more convenient than BD in farms, but you'll see the millstone part : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUADcnJ0p7w )

For the tree farm, I suggest you check the Automatic tree farm topic :
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=258

As for the timers, and the reed clock, and other kind of clocks you could use, I also made a tutorial on that :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DO1IC1smdk

If you've got more questions, shoot :)
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Damion Rayne wrote:
Deepsniper wrote:well the time that it takes for the reed to grow to full height is whats measured by a detector block then with a piston you cut the reed and restarts the timer
Ah, gotcha, ty.
We also use hemp clocks and water clocks similarly. Biological clocks don't break down when you leave the world, so they're very good for automation, and water/lava clocks can be made for much longer delays.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.