Endermen Mythos

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
nmarshall23

Endermen Mythos

Post by nmarshall23 »

What do you guys thing about the endermen Mythos, from Ask the Endermen?

I'm liking the idea that Endermen are obsessed with Form. And can only pickup things with Seams.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
Niyu

Re: Endermen Mythos

Post by Niyu »

I liked the drawings, but I didn't like those mythos as much. I ike to think that endermen take blocks looking for dragon orbs to fed the enderdragon, their master.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Awwwww, that is so incredibly cute, I thoroughly enjoyed it :).
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

While it may not be official canon, I do like the creativity of it all, especially the notion that Endermen are intelligent, misunderstood beings. Thanks for sharing.

Reminds me of a time an Enderman somehow made it into my base with a block of gravel, skulking about the place for 4 in-game days or so. He wasn't bothering me, so I let him be. He eventually placed the gravel and disappeared as mysteriously as he had arrived, I kept his gravel shrine around for quite some time.
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

I quite enjoyed it. That one about them losing their original block moving ability made me a bit sad though. It did remind me of when I let them remodel one of my early builds by spawning hundreds at a time.

Spoiler'd for a massive wall of pictures.
Spoiler
Show

Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Heh, I love it. Especially the bit about their fear of water
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

HAHAHA...

The Squid on is my favorite
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

Thoroughly enjoyed the site. I liked the thing about 'seams' that comes up, that's kind of cool, and how they can't deal with water because they can't 'find the seams'. Also the idea that we're building these giant structures and they place one block at a time with great care.

There's another comic on there that says something along the lines of Notch wanting to remove their ability to pick up blocks entirely... anyone heard anything about that? Given these comics I'd be pretty sad to see that :/
haphazardnuke

Post by haphazardnuke »

I think that was referring to when they got a damage buff, but lost the ability to pick up any block they chose. They were changed to only pick up "natural" blocks.

The eerie art style fits them well. I've always been a bit creeped out by them, even when they're not actively attacking.

I like to think that Steve starts out below the level of these mysterious entities, walking by with his head down (or a pumpkin on). Then, as he builds up and gains armor and weapons, he begins to challenge their superiority, daring to look them in the eye and winning the duel that invariably results. Eventually, he kills enough to gain the power to enter their Home and destroy the dragon that lives there. So for me, Endermen are the nobility of Minecraft, and Steve is a one-man rebellion.
PizzaSHARK wrote:It's fun trying to quietly assassinate your kids and family members
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

This one <3
Spoiler
Show
ImageImage
ImageImage
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P