Hibachi Rig (how to stoke a stewing pot for rendering)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Detritus

Hibachi Rig (how to stoke a stewing pot for rendering)

Post by Detritus »

Okay, back again.
So this time, I want to know how to effectively stoke the fires under a stewing pot. For this, I am assuming you need 9 hibachis beneath the stewing pot, with bellows stoking the flame, but before I do this, I want to know if this is correct. (So as not to waste a load of resources)
Thanks again!
:Detritus
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Niyu

Re: Hibachi Rig (how to stoke a stewing pot for rendering)

Post by Niyu »

You only need one hibachi under the stewing pot for it to work. The other eigth hibachis will only speed up the process.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

The only thing you have wrong is that you don't need 9 hibachis. 1 will still work, but it'll just be reeeaallllyyyy slow.

Edit: Ninja'd because I paused to drink some water.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Okay. With the stewing pot though, I had one hibachi beneath it (stoked by bellows of course) but it wouldn't render anything. I am trying to make some glue, but putting leather in does nothing. What am I doing wrong?
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

The hibachi needs to be two blocks below the stewing pot (not 3). To be sure that the fire is properly stoked, do not put the stewing pot & look at the flames: if they occupy two blocks, it's stoked, and you can put the stewing pot in place of the second flame.

s=stewing pot
h=hibachi
f=fire

Without stewing pot:

f
f
h

With stewing pot:

s
f
h
Last edited by thekyz on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

there's my problem. Thanks xD
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

For future reference this is exactly how you get the kiln and crucible to work as well, except with the bottom block of the kiln in place of the stewing pot, or the crucible in it's place.