Panda's Dokucraft Texture Pack[BTW 4.9Marsupial]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Panda

Re: Panda's Dokucraft Texture Pack [BTW 3.91] Have a Toad!!

Post by Panda »

Syruse wrote:
Panda wrote: Haha i cant even keep track.. :D
As a general rule if something has updated anywhere its safe to assume this pack is updated :D
I did notice that you change the Glowstone, Redstone Lamps, and BTW Light Blocks :)
I also noticed my Mattocks aren't drills anymore. :P
You also changed the Detector Block to a much less ornate design. Its much more plain looking now. I don't really know how I feel about it.

I'll be sure to check the thread title every time BTW gets an update. :)
You know ive been into modding lately right? Me and raust have a addon that adds my own personal tools, check the addons section, and of course is supported :D :D
Never say no to Panda.
PanzerDivisional

Post by PanzerDivisional »

i hate to be the one to ask but are you currently updating the texture pack and are you using your own texture for 1.3 items but still no rush (this means hurry my world looks awful without it)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Pestering for update = bye bye, even for a TP.
Give Panda some slack, she'll update it when she can.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Battosay wrote:Pestering for update = bye bye, even for a TP.
Haha interesting comment...? :D
Anyway im all up to date! Feel free to use me eggs there just a 32x version i made real quick battosay. : ]
(Edit: if im missing anything tell me)
Never say no to Panda.
morvelaira

Re: Panda's Dokucraft Texture Pack [BTW 3.95] Now Scrambled!

Post by morvelaira »

Yaaaaaay!
I was hoping this was going to be updated - I know you and Raust are busy with your add on mod :)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Panda

Post by Panda »

morvelaira wrote:Yaaaaaay!
I was hoping this was going to be updated - I know you and Raust are busy with your add on mod :)
Not exactually, hes got alot of work to do on doggy talents right now so im gonna hold off on pestering him since i know DT is his puppy (baby). :)
Never say no to Panda.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Thanks for the update, Panda. :D

I'm downloading it now, but, I've been having really wonky issues with the latest version of MCPatcher (corrupt textures, some of them stretch into triangles across the map). The only texture pack that's unaffected is default. :s

I hope I can find a way to fix it, I don't want to use default. :|
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
Panda

Post by Panda »

Syruse wrote:Thanks for the update, Panda. :D

I'm downloading it now, but, I've been having really wonky issues with the latest version of MCPatcher (corrupt textures, some of them stretch into triangles across the map). The only texture pack that's unaffected is default. :s

what i do for Mcpatcher is install btw normally (i cant help it though if you are using other mods :[) then rename your minecraft.jar something, for the sake of things well call it picklesuprise.jar. open Mcpatcher and it will go "Wtf Bro? were be that minecraft at?!" Then you direct the source location to picklesuprise.jar and patch it. Thats how i do it anyway :)
Never say no to Panda.
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

Panda wrote:
Battosay wrote:Pestering for update = bye bye, even for a TP.
Haha interesting comment...? :D
Anyway im all up to date! Feel free to use me eggs there just a 32x version i made real quick battosay. : ]
(Edit: if im missing anything tell me)
I think "Feel free to use me eggs" is a more interesting comment.
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

hmm, i notice the op says "[BTW 3.95] Now Scrambled!!" i also notice that when i open FC's BTWterrain01 its in a different configuration than yours, havnt checked but would wager a bet that its like that for other textures as well and probably something to do with it being easier to code that way. not pestering but am about to unscramble your pack for my own use anyway, would you like for me to upload the results? (BTW support only of course and would pull as soon as you updated)
how to take a no like a sir
Spoiler
Show
a forum user after being told they couldnt do something wrote:Alright, that's all I wanted to know, thank you very much.

I think that this closes the issue. Thread can be locked.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Ancilangeli wrote:hmm, i notice the op says "[BTW 3.95] Now Scrambled!!" i also notice that when i open FC's BTWterrain01 its in a different configuration than yours, havnt checked but would wager a bet that its like that for other textures as well and probably something to do with it being easier to code that way. not pestering but am about to unscramble your pack for my own use anyway, would you like for me to upload the results? (BTW support only of course and would pull as soon as you updated)
Yeah IDE like to see the results as long as you post it to this thread :)
Never say no to Panda.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Syruse wrote:Thanks for the update, Panda. :D

Uncheck the "Glass Panes" of the "Connected Textures" section of the options tab in Mc Patcher. It will fix it :-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Panda wrote:Haha interesting comment...? :D
Interesting how ? :o
And message received, I used your tasty eggs :)
I made something for the Kibble though, tryin' to make it shaped like a dog :p I don't like the color much, but I'll work on that later :p
Anyway, thanks :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

Battosay wrote:
Panda wrote:Haha interesting comment...? :D
Interesting how ? :o
Tell you when your older. :D

Anyway yeah im going to redo my eggs probably today, i redid all my tools with actual wooden handles so they look less chincy, my egg and dog kibble were a temp, im working on those also along with the 1.4 snapshot stuff.... wow there a butt load of stuff.... :P
Never say no to Panda.
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

Panda wrote:
Ancilangeli wrote:hmm, i notice the op says "[BTW 3.95] Now Scrambled!!" i also notice that when i open FC's BTWterrain01 its in a different configuration than yours, havnt checked but would wager a bet that its like that for other textures as well and probably something to do with it being easier to code that way. not pestering but am about to unscramble your pack for my own use anyway, would you like for me to upload the results? (BTW support only of course and would pull as soon as you updated)

ok, now that i have removed my face from my palm (im feeling a little slow right now) i have realized that the btw support isnt scrambled, you just included alt textures on the same image..... so now im confused as to what you meant by scrambled? btw thx for including the alt textures, i particularly like the detector that looks like a cute cobble face and the alt infernal enchanter. anywho keep up the good work, soz i couldnt help, glad i dont need to
Spoiler
Show
a forum user after being told they couldnt do something wrote:Alright, that's all I wanted to know, thank you very much.

Panda

Post by Panda »

Ancilangeli wrote:
Panda wrote:

ok, now that i have removed my face from my palm (im feeling a little slow right now) i have realized that the btw support isnt scrambled, you just included alt textures on the same image..... so now im confused as to what you meant by scrambled? btw thx for including the alt textures, i particularly like the detector that looks like a cute cobble face and the alt infernal enchanter. anywho keep up the good work, soz i couldnt help, glad i dont need to
Well btw just added eggs so I said scrambled in the title :)
Last time is was 'have a toad'
Never say no to Panda.
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

Panda wrote: Well btw just added eggs so I said scrambled in the title :)
Last time is was 'have a toad'
oooooooohhhhhhh i get it
Spoiler
Show

Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

although since you did say youd like to see what i do with your pack:
Spoiler
Show
just in case you were still curious to see how things turned out. feel free to use my grass slab textures, i took them out of your pack anyway ;]

!!!NUB EDIT: just realized thats a jpg. png here!!!
Spoiler
Show

wizardglick

Post by wizardglick »

Is this the proper place to ask technical questions about using the texture pack? My apologies if this should rather be posted in the technical support forums. My problem more than likely stems from the fact that I'm mostly a monkey on a monolith when it comes to the inner workings of MC and java files.

In a nutshell, I am using another mod ("Ores Drop Mores" - One could fairly call it a cheat, but I'm only cheating myself!) which comes with a textures for a few items it adds (the mod's version of "iron ore" and "gold ore"). The zip file supplied has an entry for various texture packs, including dokucraft, but the instructions to use the textures are a bit vague for me; basically just "copy the files into the zip file" without telling me what files are going where.

I just started to use the texture pack, and it's stunning. I can't wait to discover and build more stuff to see just what it looks like. But, I could use a clue how to add graphics from other mods to it.

Thanks for any ideas! Here's a link to the mod with the texture add on http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/351 ... ds-odmedp/
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

Not sure whether or not you've noticed, but the dirt slab requires a dirt texture in btwterrain.png, doesn't just take it from the normal terrain. First row third column. Redownloaded your pack earlier today, but who knows, you might've fixed it since then.
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
Panda

Post by Panda »

I know about the dirt issue it doesnt work quite right on 32x packs battosays got the same issue :P
Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Post by Panda »

wizardglick wrote:Is this the proper place to ask technical questions about using the texture pack? My apologies if this should rather be posted in the technical support forums. My problem more than likely stems from the fact that I'm mostly a monkey on a monolith when it comes to the inner workings of MC and java files.

In a nutshell, I am using another mod ("Ores Drop Mores" - One could fairly call it a cheat, but I'm only cheating myself!) which comes with a textures for a few items it adds (the mod's version of "iron ore" and "gold ore"). The zip file supplied has an entry for various texture packs, including dokucraft, but the instructions to use the textures are a bit vague for me; basically just "copy the files into the zip file" without telling me what files are going where.

I just started to use the texture pack, and it's stunning. I can't wait to discover and build more stuff to see just what it looks like. But, I could use a clue how to add graphics from other mods to it.

Thanks for any ideas! Here's a link to the mod with the texture add on http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/351 ... ds-odmedp/
Ill look into it when i get some free time :D
Never say no to Panda.
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

Panda wrote:I know about the dirt issue it doesnt work quite right on 32x packs battosays got the same issue :P
Seems to be working fine after I tossed the dirt texture into that slot, or is there another issue that I'm just missing?
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
Panda

Post by Panda »

DxPanxD wrote:
Panda wrote:I know about the dirt issue it doesnt work quite right on 32x packs battosays got the same issue :P
Seems to be working fine after I tossed the dirt texture into that slot, or is there another issue that I'm just missing?
?? which slot post me a fixed one and ill give you a cookie! :D
Never say no to Panda.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Nice work on the latest update, Panda!
I saw you reworked the Light Block/the Glowstone and they look much better! I love them :)