base 14 BD setup and world download and explination

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
simanick

base 14 BD setup and world download and explination

Post by simanick »

so l have been working on this off and on sense viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4899 a while back. i have gotten to base 14 and i have no clue how to progress.

this thing is a monster and eats my time really bad so rather then obsesses on trying to find 15th and 16th like i have been most of the last week i thought i should share what i have.
the setup:
Spoiler
Show
sideview
top view
other side
inside the block dispenser.
explanation of how it separates everything in to unique info.

1:clay: is a blank, nothing turns on.
2:buddy block:it sends a pulse which triggers the lens buddy block, its a block so the Block detector and it is solid, but most importantly it has its one unique pulse when the sickly piston stops which is noted.
3:redstone: triggers its own path and BD and sand test.
4:redstone torch:lights the redstone light and its own light and bd and sand test.
5: restone repeater: triggers the reperter light and the BD
6: torch: triggers light 1,bd and sand test.
7: piston: triggers the piston test and a lot of the things that are erelavent as its the only one that triggers piston.
8:obsidian: trigger DB test.
9:slab: triggers a DB pulse test but nothing else.
10: gravel: triggers the sand test and also the BD pulse test but not the BD test.
11: dirt: not transparent and no light 2
12:light block: not transparent and light 2
13:glowstone: transparent and light 2
14:hibachi: triggers light 2 and the hib trigger

if you have any question ask, there are instructions on signs on how to use it, enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?q3145c6b5b8vhb7
the download

edit: god i am tired i just made a url and img...
Rianaru

Re: base 14 BD setup and world download and explination

Post by Rianaru »

I can't even comprehend...
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

Now Build a machine that uses all 14 states =P
quew8

Post by quew8 »

Maybe it would have been smaller to have 2 base 4 components and then connect all the outputs together with AND gates. In theory that should get you base 16 and I assume it would be at least somewhat smaller than your design.
But thumbs up for your ingenuity and perseverance, better than I could have done (but I probably couldn't even manage my idea)
Making floors from sidings- "Damn I need a step here. Well this is odd, a BTW block that isn't completely brilliant. Hmm, oh no wait I just have to right click."
Don't you just love FC
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

The whole point was to make one BD switch through the various outputs. Putting a second BD alongside doesn't count ;)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

This is quite impressive, if only I knew what to do with it. Very good work!
Jay42
Location: Walking behind you; Sleeping besides you; Talking around you.

Post by Jay42 »

mind=blown
Stormweaver wrote:BTW: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places.
Backups. Backups! BACKUPS!!
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Good work, really, but... do you really need it. I mean, if you need a base 16 memory unit, a base 4 memory unit whose fourth output was conected to another base 4 memory unit will do the same in less space.

So if you can get a base 16 by connecting a base 4 to another base 4 or by connecting a base 8 to a base 2, why do you keep trying to get to the 16th? There's no practical point on it.

Dont missundestand me, i don't mean to be rude, but getting base 15 and 16 is a theorical problem whose answer would just be good for your knoledge as there are tons of better, easier, smaller and probably faster (tickwise) than that theorical base 16 and you already know how to build them.

If you do this to have fun, i can give you another goal than can be more useful.
New Objetive
Show
In MC computer science, we usually use memory units. The best vanilla one I've found is 2x7x5 and lasts 1.5 ticks. Can you improve it using BTW tools?
Conditions:
  • It must be stackable.
  • It must have a read comand.
  • Two stacked memory units should be able to share the same read comand.
Note: remmeber than when stacking memory cells, the two last dimensions dont really matter, the most important is to keep it 1 or 2 wide and having a duration of less than a tick and a half.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Siege, sometimes accomplishing the big messy and amazing, even though occasionally useless builds in Minecraft are self fulfilling.
Ie, it comes to two questions.
Why? Because he could.
What's the point? Because nobody else has.

I have always been a fan of building stuff unique ways simply for the challenge of doing it, especially if no one else has before.
simanick

Post by simanick »

@siege this was more a test of trying to achieve the maximum out of a BD, not practicality or reasonablility, and like battosay said in the form i liked it can be moves up to 28 with a simple addition of the turntable.(did no like the idea at the start but i do think its reasonable now if a pain in the ass)
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

Meh, It's nothing. I made a dirthouse with a redstone door yesterday.

Edit: FML
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer