Your spectacular IE Library! (Spoiler)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Itamarcu

Re: Your spectacular IE Library! (Spoiler)

Post by Itamarcu »

Ceunon wrote:
Itamarcu wrote:-snip-
The companion cube slabs made me laugh hard. =)

That's a cool design. How many bookshelves are in there?
I don't know, but not much (since it's a 15x15x15 sphere not including the outer shell) and a lot of them can't function due to placement that favors aesthetics over functionality.

Anyways, there are a few hundreds in there.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

Quick question, I'm currently test building a library,, and I wanted to know if the set up I have would still work.

I have six 2x17x6 (total of 1224) sets of book cases in what will be the hidden bottom part of my library. Each set is separated by 1 block of air. I'm currently playing the pre-release, so I can't test it myself, but would all of those book cases work?
Spoiler
Show
The chiseled stone just marks where book shelves are no longer effective. Walls will be at least one block behind that in the actual build, I can sneak a few more book shelves in by adding shelf stacks at the end of each row.

I figured I could cheat a bit by not having the basement accessible and spamming it with books, that way I could make the actual library part a bit fancier looking. There'll be more shelves there, but I won't have to force so many into that area. Which means the bit I've started so far will probably get scrapped. Gonna have some nice reading areas and probably trap a librarian in there. Maybe even make him a little desk.
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by DxPanxD on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
fearofshorts

Post by fearofshorts »

I really like the new superlibrary idea. It's really nice to see more physical structures-with-function in BTW, as kilns were always my favorite thing to design around. Actually, their addition is what's making me get back into BTW (I 'finished' tech tree in last world, started automating more complex things and then discovered my house was built wrong and stopped playing for a bit). I'm really looking forward to reaching these strange new additions by-the-way FC!

Anyway, I've noticed that the enchanter itself seems a little bit tame to me (at least from what I've seen of it in screenshots). There doesn't seem to be any sense of menace to it- no faint pulsing of the atmosphere around it, no great drawing of evil knowledge (as opposed to knowledge of evil, which is altogether more tame) from the surrounding bookshelves, no bleeding walls... is there something I'm missing about this thing that you can only see in motion?

In any case, I'll be sure to at least make mine intimidating. I'll put it directly under/over a Netherrack grinding room for effect, maybe an NPC village below a glass floor... a perpetually dark village which spawns zombies.
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

Screaming netherrack grinders near a library!?! YOU MONSTER!
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
fearofshorts

Post by fearofshorts »

DxPanxD wrote:Screaming netherrack grinders near a library!?! YOU MONSTER!
The souls of the damned tend to ignore librarians. Or eat them.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

I always make sure my Grinders are in a central location so that I can hear the souls of the damned wherever I may be in my base.
And HOW!
Urian

Post by Urian »

Just make sure to count the shadows.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

fearofshorts wrote:
The souls of the damned tend to ignore librarians. Or eat them.
I give to you exhibit A: The opening of the first Ghostbusters film
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Urian wrote:Just make sure to count the shadows.
Oh, thank you for giving me nightmares now, those episodes are really scary!