hello! and also, how offten do you start a new world?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
odranoel

hello! and also, how offten do you start a new world?

Post by odranoel »

hello everyone, how are you today?

iv been playing minecraft and better then wolves on and off since VMC beta 1.7.x. and never really got around to posting on forums and such. but recently i have really been starting to get back into playing minecraft, and more specifically MC with better then wolves. as of all the mods iv have tried (i pretty much tried all the major ones) i like BTW's over design/ tech tree/ philosophy. as it really has forced me to "go big" with my worlds in regards to all the requirements to advance that it presents you. it forces you to have multiple buildings and areas with various functions, that feels like a natural extension of what minecraft already brings to the table.

since i see my self sticking with the game a lot more then i have in the past (especially with all these new features coming out for BTW, feels like theres a Renaissance happening here at the moment) i figured i would come here and get to know the community a bit.

so i was just wondering, how often do you start a new world? back when i first started playing i would usually start a new world every time a new update came out. as a result i never got a build going that was all that big or or epic so to speak. and sometimes i wonder what would have happened if i had continued playing the same world since i first started minecraft and btw rather then having playing many different worlds for extended times.

im sure there are many on both sides and in between, with some having many smaller worlds and one big one or and combination of those. i have now been playing the same world for over a month and it has grown to huge proportions compared to what im used too. and has also really motivated me to continue playing as i now have a world that motivates me to continue it. i will later do a post in the show your builds thread with some pics.

well enough rambling, id love to hear the many ways you have chosen to play.

edit: spelling...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: hello! and also, how offten do you start a new world?

Post by FlowerChild »

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

In answer to your question: never :)
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

No joke, once every fkn time I got mad for building something I did not like, I would say in 1 week I changed worlds 1-2 times.
But I am sticking with my currently main world for around a month so I am proud :)
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

hahaha, wow you are lightning quick. thank you for the welcome.

that must be a pretty epic build you got going by now then :O

i saw your wheat/cow farm in the builds thread, pretty epic.but all i could think of was "i wonder where all those walk ways lead..." lol

cue fantasies of epic factories and mechanisms of colossal scale still labeled top secret from the masses, phase Omega.
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

duartemad wrote:No joke, once every fkn time I got mad for building something I did not like, I would say in 1 week I changed worlds 1-2 times.
But I am sticking with my currently main world for around a month so I am proud :)

nice, iv done the same now. and i have never had something that i can just look at from a distance and be truly proud of what i made :D i think this worlds a keeper!
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

odranoel wrote:
duartemad wrote:No joke, once every fkn time I got mad for building something I did not like, I would say in 1 week I changed worlds 1-2 times.

nice, iv done the same now. and i have never had something that i can just look at from a distance and be truly proud of what i made :D i think this worlds a keeper!
It is a great feeling of accomplishment! I hope I don't screw it up :/
Last edited by duartemad on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Urian

Post by Urian »

I've changed world a bunch of times, especially back when I was playing vMC. These days I generally change when I grow bored of a building style. Nether travel can help (and does sometimes) but I think I'm on my 6th BTW world at the moment.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

*sigh*
I started a new one about a week ago. If I don't play a world for a while I don't seem to be able to get back into that specific world so I start new again. So I start over a LOT. Its getting fustrating becuse its getting difficult to try all the new things coming out in the updates.

I'm also thinking of starting over AGAIN to do a lets play with the cutest player partner ever. Not sure yet though.
(shameless plug)
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

yes that also happens to me. ill play MC for a couple months, then i wont for a couple months, and when i come back and start playing again its like i lost touch with my last world and start a new one. also your seed is very important, iv restarted a few times too because i got bored of the seed or i realized it wasnt a very good one, lol. so far my current one is the best if found yet (for me at least) "Seed for the World Generator".

also the irony factor is a small plus :p
foreman

Post by foreman »

I started crafting in early alpha and for several months I managed to keep a single world going, then my old computer started to die crashing randomly and one of the crashes finally corrupted my save. After that I'd just got used to starting from scratch every now and again and didn't really think anything of it, so when I wanted to try something new I'd just generate a new world.

It was only recently that I've buckled down and attempted to stick to a single world for any length of time again, so far I'm going strong, and hope to continue as such (I used 'Eternal Universe' for the seed and name as a constant reminder not to abandon it). Hopefully I'll be able to maintain it and build a truly impressive base.

Dedicating myself to automating everything I possibly can with BTW has helped immensely in my focus, I truly love the fact that you have to earn all the fancy things through time and effort.
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

foreman wrote: Dedicating myself to automating everything I possibly can with BTW has helped immensely in my focus, I truly love the fact that you have to earn all the fancy things through time and effort.
yes! the same thing has happened to me! i now have several different buildings each one with their own function! btw allows you to make things that actually do stuff! instead of you know....just sit there and look pretty :p