Exp's Final World (Let's Play) (now with 100% more HCS!)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ExpHP

Exp's Final World (Let's Play) (now with 100% more HCS!)

Post by ExpHP »

Exp's Final World is my attempt to put an end to my terrible case of New World ADD, and build up a world with a big history and a lot of memories; something worth keeping. I call it a "sporadic Let's Play" because updates are irregular and infrequent. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy what is there!

In Episode 14, with a certain feature enabled, I find myself with the opportunity to begin life anew...
Watch in Embedded Player
Show
Links:
YouTube Playlist | World Download (no link yet; out-of-date)

Original Post:
Spoiler
Show
I've mentioned this world twice before, but if I'm going to be making a thread about this, I ought to introduce it one last time: Ever since I got into mods, I've had a terrible case of New World ADD - starting a new world every couple of days to a week. For this past month, I've been trying to put an end to it with "my Final World."

The basic idea is this: Without recording anything, do the same thing I would as if I were recording a Let's Play. As in, do something special and quirky to make the world stand out. And don't demolish all the silly-looking projects that don't turn out well, because they add charm and would amuse the "viewers." I let this concept dictate the world... but I don't bother making an actual video, because given my existing track record, I'll more than likely scrap it (the video) anyways.

Then recently, I got this idea in my head:
What if I just randomly decided to record on some days when I felt up to it?

Today, our goal is something that I figured would be a simple task: Refitting my existing mob grinder to spawn Endermen.

Episode 1: Mini Ender-Ender

Note: I specifically didn't post in RenEvo's Let's Players list even though it's conveniently still on page 1, because this isn't a series yet. I make no guarantee of an Episode 2.
Last edited by ExpHP on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ulfengaard

Re: Exp's Final World (a sporadic Let's Play)

Post by Ulfengaard »

I have the same problem, man. I started the LP a little while back, and then I lost some footage and ragequit for a while. So, I totally sympathize.
[/offtopic]

I support this sporadic LP. I look forward to wondering if there will be an Episode 2. ;)
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Excellent! Wish there were more BTW LPs, even if sporadic, I always welcome a new LP on my list.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

Want to watch somebody briefly dick around with things he doesn't understand and figure out nothing special in particular about them?

Well, by golly, have you come to the right place or what?!

Episode 2: The Secret of the Scrolls
Spoiler
Show
Note: This video (partially?) spoils:
  • The "new mysterious property" added to Soulforged Steel Blocks
  • Black Candles (as seen in the IE recipe).
As for all the other mysteries? Pfffffffffffffft.
Last edited by ExpHP on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

I said I'd be back soon. This is what I originally planned to do yesterday!
Episode 3: Cobblers
Show
And now I probably won't be back for a while. I have plenty of resource gathering to do, and a couple of projects that I don't feel will lend themselves very well to recording.
Last edited by ExpHP on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

I've been busy watching Morvy's LPs. I'll be sure to subscribe to you too!
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

Hey guys. I decided against updating this thread for every video, but I've still been doing the series.

I'm posting here today because I've uploaded a special episode that I think many of you may be interested in:

I enabled Hardcore Spawn.

Go check out Episode 14 in the updated OP!