Effective tree farm?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
CycloneSP

Effective tree farm?

Post by CycloneSP »

Hey guys, I was wondering, could ya'll help me find an efficient automated tree farm? I've watched battosay's vid's, and tried to replicate one of his models. But that model is operating very slowly... I've got many automated machines up and running, but atm, my tree farm and mob grinder are my slowest and least efficient machines. T_T
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Stormweaver

Re: Effective tree farm?

Post by Stormweaver »

This one is quite nice. Blood wood farms are probably your best bet though, as they're fairly small, easy to wire up, and reasonably cheap - efficiency can always be sacrificed for numbers.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Hey, thanks storm, that looks really interesting! I would have never thought of using sand. I had been mulling over how to use pistons to move the wood away from the planting area, but this is just brilliant!.

Would you mind pointing me to how blood wood tree farms work? I have an inkling of an idea, but I'm not 100% certain, and my nether is not safe enough for me to start experimenting just yet.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
razar51

Post by razar51 »

here's my old version of a regular tree farm

Kreyesh

Post by Kreyesh »

Any chance on getting a small tutorial/step by step on the initial setup of that tree farm razar?