New Televishion (looking for help)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
BigShinyToys

New Televishion (looking for help)

Post by BigShinyToys »

Normally I can find the solution to problems on my own. But now I ask for your help this being the smartest / most civil community I have been a part of . Any help will be greatly appropriated.

Due to electrical Spike after a storm I have been forced (kicking and screaming ;) ) to upgrade from CRT analog to LED digital.
It is the SAMSUNG smart TV series 4 LED / LCD 1080p 50 hz 32 Inch. One of the problem I am currently having is that my PS3 runs Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 at 60 Hz the television compensates for the difference by buffering the frames dropping 10 and and bluing the difference (takes a few micro seconds) Not a problem if you are watching a movie but in combat it is casing my 1.25 Kill/ Death to start dropping. I bught it for $490.00 AUS witch is a lot cheaper than the 100hz models that are mostly < $800

Is there any way to lower the Hz for MW3 so there is no delay and blurring?

Thanks In advance for any Advice.
FaceFoiled

Re: New Televishion (looking for help)

Post by FaceFoiled »

You won't be able to adjust that for MW3 specifically, but you will have to setup your PS3 with your TV. In the PS3 settings/configurations, you will have to specify the TV/screen type and refresh rate. :)
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

FaceFoiled wrote:You won't be able to adjust that for MW3 specifically, but you will have to setup your PS3 with your TV. In the PS3 settings/configurations, you will have to specify the TV/screen type and refresh rate. :)
I took a look though the setting for the (Display Settings) there is no selection for frequency only whether to enable or disable different resolutions the list reads 576p 720p 1080i 1080p they all run at 60hz for games but automatically change to 50hz for dvd movies Quite odd
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

looks like this setting is not modifiable after all for games.
http://au.playstation.com/ps3/support/m ... -settings/
I found this after looking more broadly for a way to adjust the ps3's out put frequency thanks FaceFoiled I was looking for a setting for MW3 but needed to broaden my search.

this looks like a pretty big design floor in the PS3

side question Do they make HD TV's in 60Hz or only 50 100 200 ?
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

BigShinyToys wrote:side question Do they make HD TV's in 60Hz or only 50 100 200 ?
In countries that use the NTSC standard (United States, Japan, Canada, etc), 60Hz/120Hz are all that exists. I've never seen a native 50 Hz TV in my life.

You can blame us for your predicament.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

ExpHP wrote:
BigShinyToys wrote:side question Do they make HD TV's in 60Hz or only 50 100 200 ?
In countries that use the NTSC standard (United States, Japan, Canada, etc), 60Hz/120Hz are all that exists. I've never seen a native 50 Hz TV in my life.

You can blame us for your predicament.
well that sux and given the PS3 is nearing the end of its cycle I dough there will be a patch . Now to go back to where I bought the TV and find the staff member that assured my the TV I was buying was PS3 compatible. How can some one in good consonance be selling TV's and PS3 in the same shop and them not be compatible (Harvey Norman)
Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

50Hz & 100Hz TVs are sold in countries that use(d) the PAL standard, and now DVB(DVB-T?). 60Hz and 120Hz sets are used in countries that use(d) NTSC and now ATSC.

Technically, the 50Hz TV and the PS3 are compatible, even if the PS3 only outputs at 60Hz, since the TV can convert it. It is certainly not ideal at all, and I'd have thought that 50Hz output would be a no-brainer for Sony to include for foreign PS3 markets. I'm not aware of output standards and option settings for PS3s in other markets than mine(USA), unfortunately.

I am honestly surprised that the TV doesn't have a native 60Hz option rather than conversion(dropping frames), but I guess that is cost cutting for you.
Last edited by Mr. B on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Mr. B wrote:50Hz & 100Hz TVs are sold in countries that use(d) the PAL standard, and now DVB(DVB-T?). 60Hz and 120Hz sets are used in countries that use(d) NTSC and now ATSC.

Technically, the 50Hz TV and the PS3 are compatible, even if the PS3 only outputs at 60Hz, since the TV can convert it. It is certainly not ideal at all, and I'd have thought that 50Hz output would be a no-brainer for Sony to include for foreign PS3 markets. I'm not aware of output standards and option settings for PS3s in other markets than mine(USA), unfortunately.
while you are technically right a connection that looses 10 frames every second is not a Fully compatible.Even when i asked why the TV on display suffered Fram shudder I was told that is because they were using TVAV leads not I realize they were driving the TV's with a HDMI and a blue ray player my bet is that that player is not compatible ether.

Hopefully I can get a refund and a new TV shipped from USA or japan. I will not stand for frame rate loss and Shudder.

Thanks you all for your advice

[EDIT] Looks this is Infinity wards mistake actually. the game box saids PAL very clearly but it wont run on 50 Hz They should release games in a format that the target country uses.