Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FaceFoiled

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by FaceFoiled »

M!C wrote:Any idea why it happens? (DynMap again?) Or anything we can do?
I noticed that despite the memory reduction we underwent we still got 15 slots. That shouldn't be the problem of course but maybe change that back?
Doesnt appear to be DynMap, that's still running fine and dandy. End Reset was actually spouting out errors. I'll look for an update on that to see what can be done to reset the End.

The slots are strange.. but not the cause. Technically the slots should go down to 10 after a server restart. I had Multiplay.co.uk adjust the invoice to reflect the downgrade (slots/memory), I checked the invoice again and it does say the "correct" specifications which were also paid for. For some reason, it does not go back to 10 slots, and I am not complaining. :P
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Could people please use a bit of common sense, and not move out to the middle of nowhere in the nether, to make a portal to end up over 8000 blocks away from the rest of the world?
Yeroc

Post by Yeroc »

I would like to hop on the server sometime.

I don't even know if its up yet (havn't read much of the posts)

But I read it was whitelisted.

So if you want to whitelist me Minecraft name is Corey14.
doctoranon

Post by doctoranon »

Yeroc wrote:I would like to hop on the server sometime.

hey, im harryht (ingame) if you need any starting materials ask me :) its nice to help out newer players :) see you on
Yeroc

Post by Yeroc »

Oh thanks :) I probably will, just need to get whitelisted first.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

FaceFoiled wrote:Could people please use a bit of common sense, and not move out to the middle of nowhere in the nether, to make a portal to end up over 8000 blocks away from the rest of the world?
You may remove those chunks, aswell if you wouldn't mind removing all the signs with Jrfalcon and Smolte off the map. I will be on one last time to remove the signs from the chests that i own. Thanks for the ride, it was fun!

Chow all!! ^_^/

Edit: The castle and its grounds have been given back the the original owner, Harryht

And as per request, the reason of my leaving is that my father told me that if he saw me on MC or related again, he was going to kick me out of the house, I cannot afford a place of my own. So this is the smarter choice. Ill miss you all. :')
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
doctoranon

Post by doctoranon »

magikeh wrote:
FaceFoiled wrote:Could people please use a bit of common sense, and not move out to the middle of nowhere in the nether, to make a portal to end up over 8000 blocks away from the rest of the world?
You may remove those chunks, aswell if you wouldn't mind removing all the signs with Jrfalcon and Smolte off the map. I will be on one last time to remove the signs from the chests that i own. Thanks for the ride, it was fun!

Chow all!! ^_^/

Edit: The castle and its grounds have been given back the the original owner, Harryht

And as per request, the reason of my leaving is that my father told me that if he saw me on MC or related again, he was going to kick me out of the house, I cannot afford a place of my own. So this is the smarter choice. Ill miss you all. :')
im gonna miss you man, keep in touch :), its been a good few months :')
"hug" <--- i give out my hugs rarely, feel good :), got a tear or 2 in my eyes
Urian

Post by Urian »

doctoranon wrote:
Yeroc wrote:I would like to hop on the server sometime.

hey, im harryht (ingame) if you need any starting materials ask me :) its nice to help out newer players :) see you on
Oh right, you're one of the banned people who's using another nick.

Ta tah.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Yeroc, I'll whitelist later tonight. :)
Magikeh, I will sadly have to remove the chunk you explored. An entity inside that chunk is the reason for the crashes that occurred since.

On that note;
Server is currently offline. Downloading the map, removing the bad chunk, re-uploading. The map is currently 2.5GB so this is going to take some time. :'(
Yeroc

Post by Yeroc »

Alright, thanks!:)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

It's going really - really slow. Due to their FTP limitations I can only download 1 file at a time. 2.5GB worth of map files = over 200.000 files to download :P 100800 to go now (1.3GB). I guess it will be done when I get home tonight :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:Oh right, you're one of the banned people who's using another nick.

Ta tah.
Ah...this would be our persistent troll. Very happy to have his in-game name now.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

23 hours, 25 minutes - 194982 files. :P Uploading will be fun ^_^.

Now to open the 2.45GB map in MCedit to remove the chunk. :/
M!C

Post by M!C »

FaceFoiled wrote:23 hours, 25 minutes - 194982 files. :P Uploading will be fun ^_^.

Now to open the 2.45GB map in MCedit to remove the chunk. :/
The biggest I ever had to work with was a 1GB map ... I hope you got a better machine than I do or else it'll dissolve your sanity. ;)

I still think a tool to remove unaltered chunks from a map might be a good idea ... with these file sizes a 10 to 30% efficiency would be more than enough imo.
M!C

Post by M!C »

What's our status? Still uploading?
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

A tool like that would be great. :P My machine is powerful enough ;) but MCEdit does not like big maps, or has an issue with the corrupted chunk. It keeps on crashing, been at it for a good full day now without any luck. Poked the service folk of my provider to see if they can do something.

I can start the server again as it is, but it won't run the daily backup. I guess that again, is either because of the corrupted chunk or the general size of the backup. Asked for an answer to that as well. Thats why previously, the crashes would revert to an old backup, as there were no newer ones. :p

So currently I'm not doing anything. If you have any idea's or suggestions; let me know.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Bit of an update;

They were messing about with worlds/backups on my server to test some things out (hence it now display(displayed) 0/1 players), and fixed that. Unfortunately neither they, nor I, can fix the world problem itself. So I'm going back to an older backup, likely 1 possibly 2 days before the backup that was used after the recent crashes.

Sorry for the troubles this caused, if you lost anything - just let me know and I'll restore it.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

If the offending region is far enough away from the main construction area, can't you just delete the appropriate .mca file completely? Not quite sure what area each file covers, so not quite sure how you calculate the coordinates for the file (if all else was around spawn, I'd guess it was the file with the highest coordinates).
lostone1993

Post by lostone1993 »

Would it be possible if I can be whitelisted once more :)
Under many names
lost-one
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube
My WIP Fan Mission for SS2(youtube)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

lostone1993 wrote:Would it be possible if I can be whitelisted once more :)
Whitelisted
lostone1993

Post by lostone1993 »

FaceFoiled wrote:
lostone1993 wrote:Would it be possible if I can be whitelisted once more :)
Whitelisted
Thanks FF :)
Under many names
lost-one
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube
My WIP Fan Mission for SS2(youtube)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

No problem. Working on the plugins now, got most of it sorted - but have to restart the server for the final changes to take effect. Unfortunately the remote acces (rcon) is down, so can't do that.. fuck sake
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Thank you all for your patience during the last week or so. By now, the server is back online and should once more be stable. The plugins have been uploaded again as well, and they do not appear to be causing any issues (new version with the previous configuration data).

With the recent crashes/backup restores, some things might have gotten lost that you were working on. Just poke me, or Cowsgospace or Razzle, and we will be able to simply recover the losses for you.

The END has not yet been touched. I wanted to fix the issues with the actual world before working on that. I need to implement a new end-reset tool, which will be done tonight.

Dynmap is up and running again as well, original link (see original post in this thread).
ghoohg

Post by ghoohg »

So is this server running BTW mod?
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

ghoohg Posts: 1 wrote:So is this server running BTW mod?
I suggest you read the mod information before asking stupid questions when I have a hangover