Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by FlowerChild »

jorgebonafe wrote:They dupped the items? How is that possible?
That is probably not a question that should be answered :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FlowerChild wrote:
jorgebonafe wrote:They dupped the items? How is that possible?
That is probably not a question that should be answered :)
Its just curiosity :P I wouldn't use that, what's the fun in that?
But yeah, probably better not to publicly post that information.

Pm me the answer? XD
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I wouldnt know anyway :P. I can see that stuff was duped, and some players (banned) talking about it, but apparantly that was all discussed over skype (chatlogs! :D)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Have you updated bukkit recently? I know that there were a few item duping bugs fixed in some relatively recent releases
doctoranon

Post by doctoranon »

if you havnt removed the duped items already, some (3 and a bit stacks of diamond) have been left in my chest
i seperated my diamonds from the duped ones :)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

FaceFoiled wrote:Banning jrfalcon
Banning smolte

-snip-

Magikeh, both players were introduced by you. If they have questions, let them know why they got banned.

Ok, thank you. I will have a talk with them today.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

I wish I could play for more than 15 seconds, it's something to do with my java or some thing :(
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

BinoAl wrote:Have you updated bukkit recently? I know that there were a few item duping bugs fixed in some relatively recent releases
No, I had that planned for tomorrow/tonight though.
doctoranon wrote:if you havnt removed the duped items already, some (3 and a bit stacks of diamond) have been left in my chest. i seperated my diamonds from the duped ones :)
Thank you for your honesty Doctoranon. But you are free to do with the items as you please. It's not your fault that you ended up with them, but you did so.. lucky you. ;) Use them or delete them, it's completely up to you.

If you do feel generous, I'd love a few diamond picks to use at M!C's digsite. Still have quite a bit of digging to do there, diamond picks would certainly help there. =D
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Hey everyone sorry I haven't been around lately. I don't want to play on the server alone. So I have been working my BTW world and playing some feed the beast as well. I might stop in this afternoon if anybody is around :)
Also sorry about all the grief and such that went down :( glad it was all worked out
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
doctoranon

Post by doctoranon »

FaceFoiled wrote:
doctoranon wrote:if you havnt removed the duped items already, some (3 and a bit stacks of diamond) have been left in my chest. i seperated my diamonds from the duped ones :)
Thank you for your honesty Doctoranon. But you are free to do with the items as you please. It's not your fault that you ended up with them, but you did so.. lucky you. ;) Use them or delete them, it's completely up to you.

If you do feel generous, I'd love a few diamond picks to use at M!C's digsite. Still have quite a bit of digging to do there, diamond picks would certainly help there. =D
haha, i would but i destroyed them, i would probably donate most of the diamonds to the digsite, but i like to play honestly :)
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

May have another griefer... someone's broke into my base and has cobbled and destroyed blocks ><
doctoranon

Post by doctoranon »

sigh
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Razzle wrote:May have another griefer... someone's broke into my base and has cobbled and destroyed blocks ><
Is your base near spawn? I don't want to point fingers but when nightstalker's (i think thats the correct nick) kid was playing her house was pretty miss matched. Might have taken a bit from here and there to construct her house. Anyways might want to look into that.
Magical Shit
Show
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Nitestalker7 wrote:hello all, Looking to join in if there is room. Playing SSP can be a bit lonely sometimes :( thank you. My IGN: Nitestalker7
Banned for griefing other peoples places, even after being told several times to not build in certain peoples houses/animal pens. Whether this was you or your daughter I sadly don't care, it's your account and you are ultimately responsible for all the actions done through it.

--

Oh, I do have the latest bukkit build lined up to update the server with. But there were quite a few people online at the time, so I decided to just wait until its empty and do it than. :P
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Hello Fellow Elodans (Elodas-ers??) ANyways! We were talking (mainly Harry and i) and we were wondering if you all would be interested in participating in prank wars? (Much like the ones on MineCrack and HermitCraft) There are going to be some rules to this war of course.

1) Only prank those that wish to be pranked (or those that participate/join in the war)
2) Do NOT Do anything to destroy others things or buildings (prohibited use of fire, lava and/or TNT)
3) Death can be a byproduct of a prank
4) If one pranks another person, the pranked has all rights to prank the pranker!
5) Since it is FF's server it must be OK with him to continue with this war.
6) Have fun!

Harryht and myself (MagikEh) are willing participants in this war... so far! ^_^/
Magical Shit
Show
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I know I don't log on very frequently at all, but I would think something of this nature would be a faux pas after a few folks were recently just banned for griefing/pranking.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

magikeh wrote:Hello Fellow Elodans (Elodas-ers??) ANyways! We were talking (mainly Harry and i) and we were wondering if you all would be interested in participating in prank wars? (Much like the ones on MineCrack and HermitCraft) There are going to be some rules to this war of course.

1) Only prank those that wish to be pranked (or those that participate/join in the war)
2) Do NOT Do anything to destroy others things or buildings (prohibited use of fire, lava and/or TNT)
3) Death can be a byproduct of a prank
4) If one pranks another person, the pranked has all rights to prank the pranker!
5) Since it is FF's server it must be OK with him to continue with this war.
6) Have fun!

Harryht and myself (MagikEh) are willing participants in this war... so far! ^_^/
What do you mean continue with this war? Is this something you and your buddies started previously which resulted in them getting banned?

But no, if you want to dick around like that, do it on the Anarchy world (portal in the main town). :P
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

FaceFoiled wrote: What do you mean continue with this war? Is this something you and your buddies started previously which resulted in them getting banned?
Unfortunately no, this previous 'prank,' was not coordinated by myself and my buddies. JrFalcon was working on his own to carry out the act.
FaceFoiled wrote: But no, if you want to dick around like that, do it on the Anarchy world (portal in the main town). :P
Thanks, This is what i was looking for! ^_^/
Magical Shit
Show
M!C

Post by M!C »

Did the server reset during the night per chance?

I'm missing four double chests of stuff (Obisidian/End Stone) I harvested and stored yesterday ... wouldn't want to go get all that again.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

M!C wrote:Did the server reset during the night per chance?

I'm missing four double chests of stuff (Obisidian/End Stone) I harvested and stored yesterday ... wouldn't want to go get all that again.
Looks like it yeah. Memory usage problems, overloaded and restarted itself. I'll sort out the losses when I next see you online.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FF, when BTW goes SMP, is the server gonna be just BTW or BTW and BTB? (lol, so many acronyms)
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Let's cross that bridge when we get to it. :P
M!C

Post by M!C »

Looks like it happened again today, every change to my base Razzle and I did yesterday is gone again.

Any idea why it happens? (DynMap again?) Or anything we can do?

I noticed that despite the memory reduction we underwent we still got 15 slots. That shouldn't be the problem of course but maybe change that back?
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

M!C wrote:Looks like it happened again today, every change to my base Razzle and I did yesterday is gone again.
My hole is gone??? Noooooooooooo!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Looked into it a bit deeper last night, found out the "End Reset" plugin used was causing issues, and likely the memory usage problems. Removed that and the HeroSneak. The server seems stable now, running on roughly 750mb when nobody is online. This is still a bit much in all honesty, seeing as nothing is happening on it :P. But it's stable and good enough for now.

Depending on activity, I might strip the plugins even more - remove the Multiverse world/plugins for example (if not used, why spend resources on it :P).

I sadly can't automate more frequent backups, but I'll keep an eye on the server at work to see what's going on from now on. Any losses that occurred I can manually recover if you like.