An important hint on what's to come to help you prepare

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Niyu

Re: An important hint on what's to come to help you prepare

Post by Niyu »

Folrig wrote:If Steve is alone in the Overworld and trying to get home why are all the zombies dead versions of the "Steve creature?"
Maybe he is not the first sent to that world, but the only who has managed to survive. I mean, somebody had to build those strongholds and mineshafts.
Folrig

Post by Folrig »

I know zombies represent the inevitability of death, but the problem is Steve is immortal.
This...all of this...is just...wonky!
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

Steve is immortal. his body? not so much. Every time you die a zombie is born. and who knows how many times he died before his coalescing into the form that we control?
And HOW!
Shmooooo

Post by Shmooooo »

This thread has made me glad that I pedantically abandon dozens of worlds until I get one in which I spawn on (0,0). Whatever Satanic constructions need be made involving spawn or the strongholds, I am assured it will be geometrically pleasing.
BTW Wiki word wrangler, sentence surgeon, paragraph purger.

Bad writing is like a tangled string: it's easier to cut it than to untie it. Mediocre writing is like a loose string: you can pull it taut to have some left over. Good writing is a hemp fibre.
skrat6009

Post by skrat6009 »

Shmooooo wrote:This thread has made me glad that I pedantically abandon dozens of worlds until I get one in which I spawn on (0,0). Whatever Satanic constructions need be made involving spawn or the strongholds, I am assured it will be geometrically pleasing.
Wow, that would take forever. Knowing my luck, I could try for a month solid and still not get that.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Niyu wrote:
Folrig wrote:If Steve is alone in the Overworld and trying to get home why are all the zombies dead versions of the "Steve creature?"
Maybe he is not the first sent to that world, but the only who has managed to survive. I mean, somebody had to build those strongholds and mineshafts.
You guys have got to see the movie Moon.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Ulfengaard wrote:
You guys have got to see the movie Moon.
I second this recommendation, and thinking about it, it is fairly applicable to 'Steve's" situation, unless you're playing hardcore mode.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Urian

Post by Urian »

The zombies used to be Steve's private clone and drone army. Something went wrong when he arrived in this dimension though and he lost control over them.

That or the Enderdragon (or the stronghold builders) noticed his demonic prowess and tried to emulate it and create their own versions to fight him.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

And maybe, just maybe, the zombies are just mobs who happen to share the same body shape (and clothes) with Steve.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

No, actually, zombies are now the henchmen of Herobrine who's in fact a doppelganger spirit who managed to subvert steves evil clone army by being closer to their nature. Herobrine is a third party who lost the race to power against the enderdragon, he's now trying to up the game by imitating that which the dragon fears most.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Poppycocks wrote:No, actually, zombies are now the henchmen of Herobrine who's in fact a doppelganger spirit who managed to subvert steves evil clone army by being closer to their nature. Herobrine is a third party who lost the race to power against the enderdragon, he's now trying to up the game by imitating that which the dragon fears most.
FlowerChild, please, at the next update's note list write:
-Removed ADDED Herobrine

...It would be hilarious to watch people actually search for it like they did in vMC updates.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Itamarcu wrote:
Poppycocks wrote:No, actually, zombies are now the henchmen of Herobrine who's in fact a doppelganger spirit who managed to subvert steves evil clone army by being closer to their nature. Herobrine is a third party who lost the race to power against the enderdragon, he's now trying to up the game by imitating that which the dragon fears most.
FlowerChild, please, at the next update's note list write:
-Removed ADDED Herobrine

...It would be hilarious to watch people actually search for it like they did in vMC updates.
You know how to summon a army of trolls, or? ;)
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Herobrine is what happens when a god dreams...
Better is the enemy of Good
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

Anyone consider the possibility that we might need plain old XP to advance further in the tech tree? What, the recent additions were made so we could enchant Mattocks and shovels?

Seems too mundane, I am suspicious.
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking
LaserCooled

Post by LaserCooled »

Ultionis wrote:Anyone consider the possibility that we might need plain old XP to advance further in the tech tree? What, the recent additions were made so we could enchant Mattocks and shovels?

Seems too mundane, I am suspicious.
Well, that would fit with the comments made about the device in FC's latest build thread. That is if the pistons really are holding back orbs.
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

Orbs draw to the player, I doubt you'd need to feed them into a machine like that, unless of course:

*It's intended that you keep your distance
*The machine requires dragon orbs, which can't be interacted with

The latter seems unlikely, because you only need things to die to make those, not complex at all. I was thinking more in the line of paying for something similar as you would for an enchantment, with a high cost. There's really no reason to not have a lot of XP, unless you're constantly failing at finding Silk Touch like I am.
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking