An important hint on what's to come to help you prepare

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
skrat6009

Re: An important hint on what's to come to help you prepare

Post by skrat6009 »

Azdoine wrote:I don't think it's going to be the end portals. It makes sense, but I'm pretty sure they generate infinitely now, as opposed to only 3.
Well unless minecraftwiki is wrong, there are only 3. "There are three of them available per world." --http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Stronghold
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

skrat6009 wrote:
Azdoine wrote:I don't think it's going to be the end portals. It makes sense, but I'm pretty sure they generate infinitely now, as opposed to only 3.
Well unless minecraftwiki is wrong, there are only 3. "There are three of them available per world." --http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Stronghold
Huh. I thought that was changed.
Nevermind, it probably is the end portals and spawn point then.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

<searches musical repertoire for a song about people going in circles>

All I could come up with is "Mad World", and it's buried to deep in the song to act as a decent response.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

FlowerChild wrote:<searches musical repertoire for a song about people going in circles>
...But are we spiraling away from the truth?
Clockwise or Counterclockwise?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Azdoine wrote: ...But are we spiraling away from the truth?
Clockwise or Counterclockwise?
You were just returning the conversation to a discussion point that had been done to death in the other thread, and which I was hoping was finally resolved ;)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Hm... There's actually quite a lot of information there in that first post. So each of the locations are unique in their magical properties. Which probably means we need to build a different device on each one. So I wonder if for the first release do we need to find all of these point or just one specific one and what we have to do with the others will come later?
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

I think the points are f:0, f:1, f:2, and f:3.
Quality comes before quantity.
skrat6009

Post by skrat6009 »

FlowerChild wrote:All I could come up with is "Mad World"...
First off, just have to say, love that song.

Second, in an anarchy server I would think you would want these locations as hotspots of power, not necessarily needing to have all of them under your control. You would probably want to have at least one of them (or at least be allied with someone that controls at least one of them) in order to have access to some part of the tech tree. They are too far apart to control all at once in anything but single player, so it stands to reason that in a reasonably populated server there would be fighting over these spots, and defending of these spots as a location of defined power, but it would be somewhat overwhelming and brain-numbing to have a never ending battle going on over who controls them if it does indeed require all four in order to "function". It reminds me of WoW in the PvP zones where the goal is to capture certain towers or resources in order to have some defined advantage over the other faction, the more you capture, the more advantage you have. The difference in that case was that there were only two factions to worry about. In anarchy, everyone is essentially their own faction and there can be allies, but to what length? There is always the chance of someone letting power get to their heads and betraying others. I think that these four hotspots will all serve the same function, and that they will not all need to be found in order for a single one to be useful.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

skrat6009 wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:All I could come up with is "Mad World"...
First off, just have to say, love that song.

Second, in an anarchy server I would think you would want these locations as hotspots of power, not necessarily needing to have all of them under your control. You would probably want to have at least one of them (or at least be allied with someone that controls at least one of them) in order to have access to some part of the tech tree. They are too far apart to control all at once in anything but single player, so it stands to reason that in a reasonably populated server there would be fighting over these spots, and defending of these spots as a location of defined power, but it would be somewhat overwhelming and brain-numbing to have a never ending battle going on over who controls them if it does indeed require all four in order to "function". It reminds me of WoW in the PvP zones where the goal is to capture certain towers or resources in order to have some defined advantage over the other faction, the more you capture, the more advantage you have. The difference in that case was that there were only two factions to worry about. In anarchy, everyone is essentially their own faction and there can be allies, but to what length? There is always the chance of someone letting power get to their heads and betraying others. I think that these four hotspots will all serve the same function, and that they will not all need to be found in order for a single one to be useful.
It's probably too premature to be extrapolating ideas on how many of these points will need to be controlled or why. We don't know the significance of these points - only that they will be significant.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Devalish

Post by Devalish »

Flowerchild said that these points are in the MC world, and i would think that that isn't just the overworld, but the nether and end as well. So maybe each point lies in a different plain of existence?
Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind; they are subjective.
I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

skrat6009 wrote:I think that these four hotspots will all serve the same function
FlowerChild wrote:Each with its own unique properties.
They will probably serve similar functions on the road to cosmic power or some such, but not identical.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Well I would tend to assume that they are some kind of weak points in the universe where additional magical energy can seep through and where it's easier to form links to the other planes. I wonder if they come from the strongholds or if the builders of the strongholds built there *because* of those points. The origin point being where steve was forced through into this dimension would also probably be a kind of weak point. One might wonder if steve came through there because of the three points or if the three points were created when steve came through and then the stronghold people built there and died off all while steve was reforming a corporeal body (after all we know steve is immortal given his ability to come back from the dead who knows how long it took him to reform after coming to this dimension)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Well I would tend to assume that they are some kind of weak points in the universe where additional magical energy can seep through and where it's easier to form links to the other planes. I wonder if they come from the strongholds or if the builders of the strongholds built there *because* of those points. The origin point being where steve was forced through into this dimension would also probably be a kind of weak point. One might wonder if steve came through there because of the three points or if the three points were created when steve came through and then the stronghold people built there and died off all while steve was reforming a corporeal body (after all we know steve is immortal given his ability to come back from the dead who knows how long it took him to reform after coming to this dimension)
+1 on this one man :)
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Sarudak wrote:-snip-
That's brilliant.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Thanks!

EDIT: is that kinda what you were thinking? :)

Also I just explored a whole nether fort and didn't find a single nether wort. Lame! :(
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

You know I never really believed that the Enderdragon is the true form of our enemy. A creature of such power to be able to consume the life energy of so many creatures could not be defeated so easily. It would seem to make sense that the dragon is just one avatar of the malevolent force that seems to reign supreme in the minecraft world. Perhaps the enderdragon was once like steve but has ascended to a more powerful form but at the same time he's more diffuse with less energy invested in any particular corporeal form. Perhaps he fears steve has come to overthrow him?
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Sarudak wrote:You know I never really believed that the Enderdragon is the true form of our enemy. A creature of such power to be able to consume the life energy of so many creatures could not be defeated so easily. It would seem to make sense that the dragon is just one avatar of the malevolent force that seems to reign supreme in the minecraft world. Perhaps the enderdragon was once like steve but has ascended to a more powerful form but at the same time he's more diffuse with less energy invested in any particular corporeal form. Perhaps he fears steve has come to overthrow him?
The other possiblilty is that the dragon is actually the good guy. He consumes souls and reincarnates them as matter and into other creatures in the overworld in the form of XP. The enderdragon is actually a natural part of the afterlife. The nether is a form of purgatory, most souls are processed in the end (What did you think endermen were?)

The enderdragon fears steve for his audacity to not only remove souls from this cycle, but also to send them through torment and profit from it. Not only this, but steve is also vile enough to destroy these souls without a second thought (You know all those enchanted mattocks you melt down in the crucible? What happens to the enchantment?) As such, he sends his minions (endermen), who have achieved perfection in life and thust cannot be reincarnated, to attack and destroy steves livelihood.

The reason the enderdragon is so weak is that he's good. Steve is evil, therefore evil is strong, and since good is the opposite of evil, the dragon is weak. Behold my shitty logic!
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Sarudak wrote:You know I never really believed that the Enderdragon is the true form of our enemy. A creature of such power to be able to consume the life energy of so many creatures could not be defeated so easily. It would seem to make sense that the dragon is just one avatar of the malevolent force that seems to reign supreme in the minecraft world. Perhaps the enderdragon was once like steve but has ascended to a more powerful form but at the same time he's more diffuse with less energy invested in any particular corporeal form. Perhaps he fears steve has come to overthrow him?
If that's the truth of things, what's to say the Enderdragon is in control at all? Perhaps that dragon is merely a parasite, one which has carved out a "safe" subrealm for itself and is feeding on the souls collected by a greater entity like some kind of eldritch tapeworm?

Perhaps the world of Minecraft itself is said greater entity; pulling beings from other worlds into itself, killing them and then respawning them over and over again to harvest their souls while it's victim's bodies slowly degrade with each cycle, first becoming the very monsters it hunts the new arrivals with, then being sent to the nether to be amalgamated with other souls into ghasts and zombie pigmen, and finally after perhaps thousands of cycles degrading beyond all use and becoming the netherrack and stones that make up the world.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Ha! And maybe the world bit off more than in can chew pulling Steve here! I don't buy the dragon and the endermen being the good guys. They just seem to inherently destructive.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Sarudak wrote:Ha! And maybe the world bit off more than in can chew pulling Steve here! I don't buy the dragon and the endermen being the good guys. They just seem to inherently destructive.
Yes, removing and replacing blocks is very destructive, as is killing creatures that enter your home!
Oh, wait.
;)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

So I managed to find *a* stronghold. I also have all the resources necessary to make the device. Am I prepared? Or do i really need to find the other strongholds before I'll be ready to play the next update?
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Sarudak wrote:So I managed to find *a* stronghold. I also have all the resources necessary to make the device. Am I prepared? Or do i really need to find the other strongholds before I'll be ready to play the next update?
Can't.... help... self...
Spoiler
Show

Man, I gave up on 'prepared' almost a month ago. I'll just wait to see what happens. :)
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

Steve = Evil

Ender Dragon = Evil

Villagers = to stupid to be important. at least for now.

so Who was it that created the Strongholds?
I doubt it was the ender dragon. There are no more than usual Endermen around the strongholds than anywhere else. And they are only one way. INTO his lair. And I have a feeling that he really doesn't want anyone or thing there that is foreign to him. Hence his destroying everything you place there. So we have some mysterious person or persons who have created a perfect way for Steve to get at the ED. The same >noun< that pulled him to this world in the first place? Do they worship Steve? Or simply see him as a means to an end. (see what I did there...)

My theory is that whoever placed Steve in the Over world are the good guys. And they Did it because They lacked the destructive power to take down the Dragon.
And HOW!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ah...but what is the End, and is it where the Enderdragon originated?

These answers and more to come ;)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Haha! So you do have a story made up for this!