Panda's Dokucraft Texture Pack[BTW 4.9Marsupial]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Thalarctia

Re: Pandoku's Texture Pack (Hotter Crucibles!)[3.71] Vmc: 12

Post by Thalarctia »

I am absolutely loving the new hotter crucible, excellent way to add some colour and brightness to otherwise dark and damp workshops!

Also, updated gravel is nice. The previous one was a bit dark and asphalt'ish.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Thalarctia wrote:I am absolutely loving the new hotter crucible, excellent way to add some colour and brightness to otherwise dark and damp workshops!

Also, updated gravel is nice. The previous one was a bit dark and asphalt'ish.
Wow thanks for the really nice feeeback. : )
This is what i like to hear, i didnt think people would like its glowing molten color. : )

I honestly worry people get annoyed since i tweak things soo much.
Do you guys?
Never say no to Panda.
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

I love wood, sand, torches, doors, glass panels and that kind of things but there are some things i dont really like.
Sandstone looks horrible and all my buildings use it as main construction material. :(
Redstone corners and intersections are a bit... IDK, maybe mantaining the whole square always and joining the runes with the sides you want intead of just drawing the sides of the square of those sides? Does this make any sense?

I also think I have something wrong, my nether portal is invisible, my brick blocks have 4 squares in each side, 2 of them being bricks, one what I suspect to be the nether portal and the forth one a fire. And when I went to the Nether... well Lava looks great with all that whater. Netherrack has water texture and is quite difficult to go through it without falling in all wholes and lava pits.

Dont take this as a destructive comentary, but as a constructive criticism, it's just my opinion.

Great work on the texture pack!
Panda

Post by Panda »

Siege Wizard wrote:I love wood, sand, torches, doors, glass panels and that kind of things but there are some things i dont really like.
Sandstone looks horrible and all my buildings use it as main construction material. :(
Redstone corners and intersections are a bit... IDK, maybe mantaining the whole square always and joining the runes with the sides you want intead of just drawing the sides of the square of those sides? Does this make any sense?

I also think I have something wrong, my nether portal is invisible, my brick blocks have 4 squares in each side, 2 of them being bricks, one what I suspect to be the nether portal and the forth one a fire. And when I went to the Nether... well Lava looks great with all that whater. Netherrack has water texture and is quite difficult to go through it without falling in all wholes and lava pits.

Dont take this as a destructive comentary, but as a constructive criticism, it's just my opinion.

Great work on the texture pack!
your nether and brick issues are because you havent patched minecraft for Hd textures, us Mcpatcher to make tp in higher resolutions work right. for the sandstone i need to make it less orange i know, Panda
Never say no to Panda.
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Is it posible to select from all the textures what of them I would like to use and discard the others? I mean creating a texture pack for personal use only with the textures I like and leave others appart.

Not trying to take down your job, just personal preference.
Nexus Trimean

Post by Nexus Trimean »

I saw this on morvelaira's Lets play, i think i will give it a try, unfortunately the DL is blocked at work.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Nexus Trimean wrote:I saw this on morvelaira's Lets play, i think i will give it a try, unfortunately the DL is blocked at work.
Wait, does this make morv my TP's pimp? o.O
Never say no to Panda.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Panda wrote:
Nexus Trimean wrote:I saw this on morvelaira's Lets play, i think i will give it a try, unfortunately the DL is blocked at work.
Wait, does this make morv my TP's pimp? o.O
I'd come up with some witty saying involving money and sex, but it's too early in the morning.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Nexus Trimean

Post by Nexus Trimean »

I dunno, I think of her as like a record label, promoting your TP while stealing all your profits.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Nexus Trimean wrote:I dunno, I think of her as like a record label, promoting your TP while stealing all your profits.
So have you tried it out and what do you think if you did?
Never say no to Panda.
Nexus Trimean

Post by Nexus Trimean »

After a few minutes trying to find the right version of the HDpatcher I love it. its my new default.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Cool beans! thanks man
Never say no to Panda.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Just started using this and i must say i love it. I make take a bit of inspiration from it in my own.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

Siege Wizard wrote:Is it posible to select from all the textures what of them I would like to use and discard the others? I mean creating a texture pack for personal use only with the textures I like and leave others appart.

Not trying to take down your job, just personal preference.
Yes. You just cut and paste textures using an appropriate program such as Gimp or Photoshop. My own personal texture pack is mostly taken from Panda's. Don't distribute it though.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Been working a butt load on BTB textures, making them relevant to what they are crafted with, transport pipes made with wood no longer have a stone texture, its now wood, and intake pipes made with wood and leather straps have wood and straps on the pipe texture, the directional pipe made of wood and levers is no longer iron textured, its wood with directional arrows. Everything makes sense now.

It'll be in the next release.
Never say no to Panda.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Could I ask verily prettily for a version where mossy cobble and mossy bricks are... Well, Mossy cobble and mossy bricks?

Pretty please?
MrGrau

Post by MrGrau »

Poppycocks wrote:Could I ask verily prettily for a version where mossy cobble and mossy bricks are... Well, Mossy cobble and mossy bricks?

Pretty please?
I support this request!
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Poppycocks wrote:Could I ask verily prettily for a version where mossy cobble and mossy bricks are... Well, Mossy cobble and mossy bricks?

Pretty please?
I would like this, too, please. :)

I had no problem with the mossy cobble, but now that stone bricks under a water stream change to mossy brick, I have several places in my base with mossy brick among normal stone bricks, which looks rather out of place.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Very well, i do feel the mossy brick is aesthetically destructive for certain people, you shall have normal mossy brick, not mossy cobble though. However i will make a normal mossy cobble and include it in the terrain.png for people to edit in themselves. : )
Never say no to Panda.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Spfank you!

The mossy cobble is understandable, since that texture is what you use for block dispensers as well - might make it look slightly weird :). But I think I'll still switch it as I'm planing on building a castle above my base and want to have it a rocky (read cobble) base, I wanna use some moss and wines in the base as well, so....

Yeah.
Scarrboros

Post by Scarrboros »

I swear this has the greatest armour out there. I really like the feel of it all.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Scarrboros wrote:I swear this has the greatest armour out there. I really like the feel of it all.
daww thanks : )
Never say no to Panda.
crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

BEA-utiful texture pack mate!
I'm so glad I have yours and battosays' tp to choose from.
Love the wool =]
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
Svartwolf

Post by Svartwolf »

nice texture pack, just one question, is posible to install BTW mod alongside thaumcraft 2? those are probably my 2 favs mods right now, so i was waiting for the mod api to create my definitive world, but if i manage to run these 2 mods at the same time i may adventure creating the world right now :0
Panda

Post by Panda »

Svartwolf wrote:nice texture pack, just one question, is posible to install BTW mod alongside thaumcraft 2? those are probably my 2 favs mods right now, so i was waiting for the mod api to create my definitive world, but if i manage to run these 2 mods at the same time i may adventure creating the world right now :0
sorry mate, they are not.
Never say no to Panda.