Minecraft crashes immediately after map loads

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Captain Cliche

Minecraft crashes immediately after map loads

Post by Captain Cliche »

As stated in the title, Minecraft will load any existing or new maps fine, and right when it finishes it shows the map for half a second, saves chunks, and exits.

Current mods i have running:
Aether Mod
ShockahPi
Audiomod
Mo' Creatures
Optifog+optimine
GuiApi
LB Photo Realism

Everything works together until i throw BTW into the equation. I followed the instructions and set the axe changes to 1 and used the ShockahPi fd.class file.
Last edited by Captain Cliche on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Cliche

Re: Minecraft crashes immediately after map loads

Post by Captain Cliche »

Didn't fix it...
Last edited by Captain Cliche on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

BTW 2.90 requires MCForge.
Captain Cliche

Post by Captain Cliche »

sargunster wrote:BTW 2.90 requires MCForge.
Wow, I feel like an idiot. I didn't see that said in the official thread.

EDIT: Got Minecraft Forge, still getting the same exact problem.
Captain Cliche

Post by Captain Cliche »

Well now i can get in a map, but only a chunk of the map renders, everything else is invisible as if i had completely x-ray'd it all.

And blocks in multiplayer aren't rendering at all except for signs and torch flames.

Last edited by Captain Cliche on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I think optifine (and it's relatives) are incompatible with ForgeAPI atm; I was going to DL it when I was installing earlier.
If you need ModLoader: Install OptiFine AFTER ModLoader.
If you absolutely need MCPatcher (HD Textures): Install OptiFine without the "ji.class" (the mipmaps and fog distance will not be active). For HD fonts install without the "sj.class". For BetterGrass install without "cv.class". Note that MCPatcher is NOT needed for HD textures, HD fonts and BetterGrass, they are included in OptiFine. Install OptiFine without MCPatcher's HD features for best performance.
If you need DynamicLights (ModLoader edition): Install OptiFine AFTER DynamicLights.
Compatible with: ModLoader, SinglePlayerCommands, TooManyItems, PlasticCraft, CJB's Modpack, Zan's Minimap, Rei's Minimap, DynamicLights, The Aether and many other.
Not compatible with: GSLS Shaders, MinecraftExtended, MinecraftForge.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Captain Cliche

Post by Captain Cliche »

Stormweaver wrote:I think optifine (and it's relatives) are incompatible with ForgeAPI atm; I was going to DL it when I was installing earlier.
If you need ModLoader: Install OptiFine AFTER ModLoader.
If you absolutely need MCPatcher (HD Textures): Install OptiFine without the "ji.class" (the mipmaps and fog distance will not be active). For HD fonts install without the "sj.class". For BetterGrass install without "cv.class". Note that MCPatcher is NOT needed for HD textures, HD fonts and BetterGrass, they are included in OptiFine. Install OptiFine without MCPatcher's HD features for best performance.
If you need DynamicLights (ModLoader edition): Install OptiFine AFTER DynamicLights.
Compatible with: ModLoader, SinglePlayerCommands, TooManyItems, PlasticCraft, CJB's Modpack, Zan's Minimap, Rei's Minimap, DynamicLights, The Aether and many other.
Not compatible with: GSLS Shaders, MinecraftExtended, MinecraftForge.

Any idea is HD patchers will work with mcforge?

Nevermind, they don't
Urian

Post by Urian »

Try patching before installing forge.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Captain Cliche wrote:Any idea is HD patchers will work with mcforge?

Nevermind, they don't
Yes it does, I'm playing with the latest release and the HD fix, everything works fine. Make sure to install the HD patch on your raw .jar, then install your mods.