Rescue the sane from mcf!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
SterlingRed

Rescue the sane from mcf!

Post by SterlingRed »

I think this fellow may need rescuing from the clutches of the mcf hordes. His game design ideas of what mc should be and recent additions making things to easy reflect ours. And he's getting a shit storm for expressing it. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/126 ... n-decline/
Of course I'm not sure how to approach this one without ultimately starting a flame war.
Elevatator

Re: Rescue the sane from mcf!

Post by Elevatator »

I don´t think there is any rescue...
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

I just commented. I have a feeling I am going to be in my first troll war on the mcf oh joy. :)
And HOW!
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:I just commented. I have a feeling I am going to be in my first troll war on the mcf oh joy. :)
I opted for a pm. But I may join you!
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

SterlingRed wrote:
Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:I just commented. I have a feeling I am going to be in my first troll war on the mcf oh joy. :)
I opted for a pm. But I may join you!
You stole my idea. I was going to suggest that he come over to this forum and check out the community. Figured he'd enjoy talking to people who actually read what he writes rather than the idiots of at MCF who pretty much just say 'Turn off structures' and then call him an idiot.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

Wow. As it so happens, I've been scanning through various MC related forums today to solve a tech problem I had. The amount of bickering, trolling, childishness and general scumbag attitudes floating around were near astonishing.

This is the first forum I've ever joined. Now that I've seen what's out there, I'm even more thankful for the general character of the BTW community.
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

He does bring up some good points, I read throught the first page and only one person didn't say "TURN OFF GENERATE STRUCTURES". Makes you wonder about the turn this game took. I am beggining to understand why FC really doesn't care about popularity of the mod. I used to think that with every 100 whiners a nice guy came along; now I think that with every nice guy 100 whining kids come as baggage. It's sad, really.
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Ultionis wrote:Wow. As it so happens, I've been scanning through various MC related forums today to solve a tech problem I had. The amount of bickering, trolling, childishness and general scumbag attitudes floating around were near astonishing.

This is the first forum I've ever joined. Now that I've seen what's out there, I'm even more thankful for the general character of the BTW community.
As a forum newbie, I agree with you completely. After reading the first page of posts from that forum, I'm beginning to realize how great the BTW community really is.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I wandered back to FC's original thread about wolves on mcf. The idiot comments were bad then, but believe it or not, I think by comparison to what I've seen on mcf now, its much worse now than it was then. The mcf community has gotten dumber.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:I wandered back to FC's original thread about wolves on mcf. The idiot comments were bad then, but believe it or not, I think by comparison to what I've seen on mcf now, its much worse now than it was then. The mcf community has gotten dumber.
You're shitting me? I can not see how they could have gotten worse :)

Granted, I don't particularly want to read through that thread to see if you're right, as it would like just spoil my mood ;)

It makes sense though. More mass appeal = less average intelligence, and MC has gotten much bigger than when I first wrote that post.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Don't read it! Your designs are better when you're in a good mood... :P

EDIT: You need me to buy you another bottle of whiskey?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote: EDIT: You need me to buy you another bottle of whiskey?
Lol! "Need" is a very strong word. I doubt I'd say no to one however :)
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Sarudak wrote:Don't read it! Your designs are better when you're in a good mood... :P

EDIT: You need me to buy you another bottle of whiskey?

If FC don't want it, I take it gently :D
but stay me away with bourbon.

The whole MCF is shit I only post one time something related to pistons, and I got nearly killed by the idiots that want MC much easyier
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

Whilst vaguely touching the subject of forum behaviour, I was wondering if anyone can give a concrete statement about the vile act of necroing a thread. Is it simply a matter of time? Is it about posting in a solved thread? Should one merely use thy common sense and take it all into consideration?

Etiquette always bites me in the ass.
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking