Sargunster's BTW Addon [v2.4 alpha for MC1.4.7 and BTW4.42]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Ribky

Re: Sargunster's BTW Addon [v1.5 for MC1.2.5 and BTW3.71]

Post by Ribky »

sargunster wrote:I just released version 1.5 of the mod. The mod is no longer downloadable as seperate modules, but you can disable individual sections in the config file. I fixed the Nether so that it generates all the way to the true height limit of the world (255). The new 127 blocks of vertical space are now filled in with Netherrack and Glowstone. I flattened the bedrock at the bottom of both worlds and at the roof of the Nether. These new changes can be disabled in the config by setting "loadNether" to false. I also added CraftGuide support for the Juice Maker with some help form The Lone Wolfling.

This version has some major changes to the way the mod works, so I recommend backing up in case something goes wrong.
I have a quick question. With the update to Nether world gen, will that build on top of already generated chunks or will chunks that have already been loaded still have a bedrock cap at 127?

EDIT: Or... I could stop being a tool and just check after backing up a save. :)

EDIT 2: And I got this... everything else checks out
Spoiler
Show
Jun 03, 2012 10:53:05 PM ModLoader init
FINER: THROW
java.lang.NullPointerException
at ModLoader.addName(ModLoader.java:337)
at ModLoader.addName(ModLoader.java:314)
at mod_SVChisel.load(mod_SVChisel.java:24)
at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:891)
at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
at ahu.<init>(ahu.java:77)
at ahu.<clinit>(ahu.java:8)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:273)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:657)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Last edited by Ribky on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Ribky wrote:I have a quick question. With the update to Nether world gen, will that build on top of already generated chunks or will chunks that have already been loaded still have a bedrock cap at 127?

EDIT: Or... I could stop being a tool and just check after backing up a save. :)
Unfortunately, it only works in newly generated chunks.

It may be possible to delete the nether, let it generate again, and then MCEdit your buildings back in. I haven't tested that though, so backup first. :)
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

sargunster wrote:
Ribky wrote:I have a quick question. With the update to Nether world gen, will that build on top of already generated chunks or will chunks that have already been loaded still have a bedrock cap at 127?

Unfortunately, it only works in newly generated chunks.

It may be possible to delete the nether, let it generate again, and then MCEdit your buildings back in. I haven't tested that though, so backup first. :)
Gotcha, glad I did back it up, I got the error log I edited in to my previous post... that's one I don't know how to fix.
The spice must flow...

Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Well Sargunster I love the idea of this mod! I can't wait for it to go official release! I think the concept is cool. would be nice to play with the new looks of teh stone bricks and sandstone.
Thank you for your work and effort into this. I look forward to playing it in the future! :)
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Ribky wrote:Gotcha, glad I did back it up, I got the error log I edited in to my previous post... that's one I don't know how to fix.
Do you have any old versions of the mod installed? "mod_SVChisel" doesn't exist in the latest version (because it's no longer a separate mod), so it can't throw an error.
Prof_Ion wrote:Well Sargunster I love the idea of this mod! I can't wait for it to go official release! I think the concept is cool. would be nice to play with the new looks of teh stone bricks and sandstone.
Thank you for your work and effort into this. I look forward to playing it in the future! :)
Glad you like it! I'm not sure what you mean by "official release" though. :) Am I still calling it a WIP somewhere?
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Well my dad does not want to instal this mod until it is out of the testing stages. He wants to wait for it to be finished completly.
so I can not play it until it is "officially released" wich I really dont know what he ment by that. except maybe that he wanted you to have finished the basic stuff of it.
none the less love the consept and pics you posted looks to be loads of fun.
I look forward to seeing the fruit on my trees!
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

sargunster wrote: Do you have any old versions of the mod installed? "mod_SVChisel" doesn't exist in the latest version (because it's no longer a separate mod), so it can't throw an error.
That was it man, thanks for the help! I still had 1.4 elements kicking around in there
The spice must flow...

Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

I've found what looks like a small bug: when green and blue color sensors are broken with a pickaxe, they both drop a red sensor. I'm using v1.5, on a "fresh" install (using MultiMC.)
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Apples don't show up in the creative inventory, and the only juice that shows up in creative is apple juice.
haven't been able to test out in survival, I have not gotten apple trees yet -.-'
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Briali wrote:I've found what looks like a small bug: when green and blue color sensors are broken with a pickaxe, they both drop a red sensor. I'm using v1.5, on a "fresh" install (using MultiMC.)
Fixed. Can't believe I didn't notice that. :)
embirrim wrote:Apples don't show up in the creative inventory, and the only juice that shows up in creative is apple juice.
haven't been able to test out in survival, I have not gotten apple trees yet -.-'
Apples are a vanilla item, scroll up a bit. :)
Due to the way items are added to the creative inventory, items with sub-types (juice) don't show all their types. I'll see what I can do to fix it, but I'm not sure if it's fixable without modding base classes.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

sargunster wrote: Apples are a vanilla item, scroll up a bit. :)
Due to the way items are added to the creative inventory, items with sub-types (juice) don't show all their types. I'll see what I can do to fix it, but I'm not sure if it's fixable without modding base classes.
D'oh! Do you get them from apple trees or just normal apple drops from vanilla trees? Maybe that's why I haven't found them with fertilizer -.-' Or I'm just being unlucky.
The juice isn't much of a problem, just a heads-up.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

embirrim wrote:D'oh! Do you get them from apple trees or just normal apple drops from vanilla trees? Maybe that's why I haven't found them with fertilizer -.-' Or I'm just being unlucky.
The juice isn't much of a problem, just a heads-up.
Vanilla trees still drop them, but I added apple trees as well.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Re: Sargunster's BTW Addon [v1.5.1 for MC1.2.5 and BTW3.71]

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

So in the world that I generated after installing your mod I have noticed that your trees are *quite* common. Even in biomes that don't usually have that many trees, specifically the extreme hills biome. I would like to suggest that you restrict where the trees can generate based on biome. Another thing that bugs me about it a little is that things like banana trees orange and grapes all generate in plain forest biomes even though most of them would be much more common in something like a jungle.

Anyways, it isn't a huge deal, just something that seemed a little off to me.

:edit: one last note. I don't mean that I think they shouldn't generate in other biomes at all, but it seemed to common, if you would like I could post some screenshots of what I mean.
And HOW!
Panda

Post by Panda »

Updated, now i support you too!
Never say no to Panda.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

3 things:
  1. Great mod! I have overused the chisel, and love the colour sensors and nether changes.
  2. A bug. Placing a torch (and possibly other similar block) on a choppable block, and then slicing the block, leaves the torch suspended in mid air. With a block update, it pops off (maybe a block update after cutting blocks?).
  3. Is there any chance that using a chisel/saw on a double slab could revert it to a single?
Thanks.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but in MC1.3, Emerald Ore shares the same item ID as Banana sapling, I think.

I have an animated emerald ore texture added named /anim/custom_terrain_171.png (which is what the artist of the ore said to name it).

I just thought I'd give you a heads up, I'm not sure if it's already been changed as I am using an old version :P

a pic
Show
Ignore all above, In the recent version it's fine, and my custom textures are working for it now :)

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to have 4 juice makers next to each other, yet only have 1 type of fruit drop in each.. reliably :p (Oh, and I'm using HCB)

And FINALLY, a request. Sargunster, would it be possible to have the ability to place levers on a Juice Maker to disable the clicking sound when powered?
I have a juicing room and it gets quite loud (as I power it with BTW). I could always power one of the very low down gearboxes though, this would be easier and less confusing :)
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy.
Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:So in the world that I generated after installing your mod I have noticed that your trees are *quite* common. Even in biomes that don't usually have that many trees, specifically the extreme hills biome. I would like to suggest that you restrict where the trees can generate based on biome. Another thing that bugs me about it a little is that things like banana trees orange and grapes all generate in plain forest biomes even though most of them would be much more common in something like a jungle.
I've modified their rarity a bit for the next version. They no longer spawn in extreme hills biomes, they are now much rarer in forest biomes, and much more common in jungle and ocean biomes. I may modify it some more until it feels right.
Panda wrote:Updated, now i support you too!
Thanks! They look really good! I've also fixed the animated juice so it looks right when using a texture pack. I'll add a link to your pack in my thread as you requested. :)
The great randomo wrote:
  1. Great mod! I have overused the chisel, and love the colour sensors and nether changes.
  2. A bug. Placing a torch (and possibly other similar block) on a choppable block, and then slicing the block, leaves the torch suspended in mid air. With a block update, it pops off (maybe a block update after cutting blocks?).
  3. Is there any chance that using a chisel/saw on a double slab could revert it to a single?
  1. Thanks!
  2. Will fix in next version.
  3. Added to todo list.
Pentagram wrote:Also, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to have 4 juice makers next to each other, yet only have 1 type of fruit drop in each.. reliably :p
I don't know if it's possible, but please post if you figure it out! :)
Pentagram wrote:And FINALLY, a request. Sargunster, would it be possible to have the ability to place levers on a Juice Maker to disable the clicking sound when powered?
I have a juicing room and it gets quite loud (as I power it with BTW). I could always power one of the very low down gearboxes though, this would be easier and less confusing :)
I could replace the clicking sound with some particles. I like having the feedback when it's powered, but the clicking sound does get quite annoying.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

sargunster wrote:
Pentagram wrote:Also, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to have 4 juice makers next to each other, yet only have 1 type of fruit drop in each.. reliably :p
I don't know if it's possible, but please post if you figure it out! :)
Pentagram wrote:And FINALLY, a request. Sargunster, would it be possible to have the ability to place levers on a Juice Maker to disable the clicking sound when powered?
I could replace the clicking sound with some particles. I like having the feedback when it's powered, but the clicking sound does get quite annoying.
1. I've got them all powered, and for now I'm manually loading them. I'll have to have a think, and a play in creative, to see what can be done.
Maybe there could be a filtering system to only allow a certain fruit into a Juice Maker? (Yeah, shamelessly stealing ideas from BTW :P). Something similar perhaps.. I'll leave it up to you. I'm not creative enough haha.

2. Yeah, some particles would be nice. For now I have actually powered a gearbox (it was just a lever and 2 redstone dust away) to control them all.
I've found they either all click in sync now, or only a couple of them are being powered until I click them. I'll have to get more fruit and test it out!

By disabling the clicking sound, I did mean to unpower them (such as with redstone powered gearboxes), rather than to just mute the sound. I wasn't quite clear on that one!

Edit:
They aren't working all at once, only one is working at a time (the makers).
This is my setup.
setup
Show
Water coming from south (straight ahead) through the roof, flows atop all 4 juice mixers
The only Juice Maker which is activated is the last one (Oranges).
as shown here:
oranges
Show
Ugh, only caught 1 particle lol
The others work, if I click on them..

Is this intentional or a bug? I'm not sure :P

Edit2: Now it just worked, with only apple and grape.
Previously it only had grape, banana, and orange.
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I've fixed the buggy juice maker behavior in the latest version. I may put out a release soon with those fixes (but with the new stuff disabled).

What I've been working on over the last couple of weeks:
Spoiler
Show
Connected boats:

Boats can carry stuff:
Urian

Post by Urian »

Oooh, looking good!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

It's official, sargunster, now I love you. Seriously, love the boats
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

That looks awesome man! Can't wait to play around it with in soon-ish.
th3m1ner

Post by th3m1ner »

sargunster wrote:I've fixed the buggy juice maker behavior in the latest version. I may put out a release soon with those fixes (but with the new stuff disabled).

What I've been working on over the last couple of weeks:
Spoiler
Show
Connected boats:

Boats can carry stuff:
Man is that cool!
Can we put waterwheels on the boats?
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Time to make a city swimming in the ocean in the middle of nowhere. Can we take animals in these boats with us?
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Folrig

Post by Folrig »

These connected boats are awesome! How do you make the mast? How far are you going to go with this?
This...all of this...is just...wonky!