A trip down memory lane

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Urian

A trip down memory lane

Post by Urian »

While having nothing better to do today, I decided to load up my first ever world. After waiting for the conversion to finish, it finally loaded and... *wham* I was hit by two things. First, how well I remembered the world and all it's weird tunnels. Second, how ugly it looked. Still, despite it's less than pleasing looks it is the map that I've probably spent most time on and where I took my first steps in a cubic world. It would have been careful steps but this was before sneaking was implemented.

Doing this got me thinking though, it would be interesting to see how the building style have changed for people. Some people start out with amazing builds right away (look up Etho's tour of his first world if you want an example) but others, like me, start out with little less than cube houses and a haphazard digging expedition. Especially for those of us whose first world(s) were little more than putting cobblestone, dirt, etc into a little shelter around our hidey hole and then being satisfied but now build something that at least have some planning behind it, it might be fun to share our worlds.

Ergo, I dedicate this topic to post your earliest (that you've still got) world and your latest world to illustrate how your building style has evolved over time and with the inclusion of BTW.

Thus, here are my earliest and latest world. The first one I played from September to November, the latest one I've played for something between 2-3 weeks (and is still very much a work in progress so there are several unfinished buildings and such).
http://www.mediafire.com/?uedean124xd383b
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
HavokSCOUT

Re: A trip down memory lane

Post by HavokSCOUT »

This is the first world that I made, and by god am I proud of the mob spawner and its accompanying redstone.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I no longer have my first few worlds. They were lost during a computer upgrade, sadly. However, I know I am just beginning to have better design credentials. At least on the inside. I still build boxes. I don't like that but I'll fix it eventually.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

I'll never forget my first world. It was fucking beauty in a box.

Mountains as far as the eye could see. I had a small lake near a sheer cliff face. I dug right in and made myself at home.

Then I lost it in a crash. ;-;

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
hordekips

Post by hordekips »

morvelaira wrote:I no longer have my first few worlds. They were lost during a computer upgrade, sadly. However, I know I am just beginning to have better design credentials. At least on the inside. I still build boxes. I don't like that but I'll fix it eventually.
I know how you feel bro... Same happened to me!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

With the exception of my brief experiment with BTW + Buildcraft, I've always played on the same save, so I'm still playing my first world :)

However, I do have a first base in this world...
Spoiler
Show
You'll notice that area never makes an appearance in any of my videos ;)
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Why not? It looks...ummm...beautiful? ;)

I only seem to have the second world I ever created, with my awfully inefficient mob trap, my only multi-station minecart system, ugly tower from the top to the bottom of the world, my aquarium for the fish you can't see, and my giant tree house that I never finished. Most of it is underground, so I only have this pic:
Spoiler
Show
Since then (about October), I have had hundreds of worlds, seems I created one for every mod I tried and for every release (which I also kept), the current BTW world is one of the longest I have kept, and I may still keep it when 1.8 comes out, and just relocate.
Rugaard

Post by Rugaard »

i dont have the save file for mine anymore, got corrupted somehow but i built my base at the top of a kind of enclosed overhang i still have the world after that one but i currently cant upload anything, might put in a few screenshots if im not too lazy to take them
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

My first world was basically a huge-ass cave, no dungeons though. I eventually deleted it when I accidently flooded the whole thing with lava.