Raust's Mods Thread (Discussing Project Enderscale)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves

Which of my mods do you use?

Doggy Talents
29%
TTWTTTTT
9%
MagiCats
18%
Raust's Tools
32%
Nyctophobia
12%

Total votes: 34
morvelaira

Re: Raust's Mods Thread (DISCUSSING BANDITS MOD IDEA)

Post by morvelaira »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
Sothe Cuslinde wrote:Direwolf's episode 41 finally features doggy talents.
Heh, yeah, that was unexpected :)
I squee'd for you when I saw that :)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Sothe Cuslinde

Post by Sothe Cuslinde »

Although it sure doesn't help that in the very next episode you can hear direpup whining from not eating.
Roablin

Post by Roablin »

Bandits sound fantastic, if they were smart/nasty enough then I would definitely use it. Please don't make them human though; everyone knows Steve is the only human in minecraft. If I can reskin the models as goblins it would be bodacious.

Really, anything cool that discourages trading is great.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Hey, I'm currently working, can anybody let me know if the new crucible/cauldron system breaks the BTW addon of RBD Tools?
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Hey, I'm currently working, can anybody let me know if the new crucible/cauldron system breaks the BTW addon of RBD Tools?
The game runs fine, but I haven't tested melting down the tools yet. I don't think it will break it though.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

While we're on the topic off your tools add on, is there a chance that we can get an obsidian miners pick that can place water from a bucket in the inventory and pick it up?
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
RaustBlackDragon

Husbag3 wrote:While we're on the topic off your tools add on, is there a chance that we can get an obsidian miners pick that can place water from a bucket in the inventory and pick it up?
Huh... Interesting.

It would likely break hardcore buckets though...
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
RaustBlackDragon

Alright, I've updated RBDTools to take advantage of the new resmelting system! now you can resmelt iron and gold rbd tools back to their basic parts, and you won't lose the iron from the flint and steel/shears used in the gold ones!
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Sothe Cuslinde

Post by Sothe Cuslinde »

Can I make one small suggestion for the next release of DT? Will you have it so that when you right click on a dog with a compass that it prints something? That way when people do it the can tell if it has worked or not.
RaustBlackDragon

Sothe Cuslinde wrote:Can I make one small suggestion for the next release of DT? Will you have it so that when you right click on a dog with a compass that it prints something? That way when people do it the can tell if it has worked or not.
Yeah, I'm gonna do that, along with a way to keep the bed from overwriting compass assignment :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Sothe Cuslinde

Post by Sothe Cuslinde »

One random idea that is probably not going to be added in. A soulforge matchpick has the ability to set fire to the ground and you could select between torch and fire like you can select other blocks. You could set fire to enemies by leading them into the fire you place, maybe cost one durability or more to use the fire though.
RaustBlackDragon

Re: Raust's Mods Thread (DISCUSSING PROJECT ENDERSCALE)

Alright, after a lot of thought, I've decided that it's high time I fix the utterly broken nature of, like, everything combat/adventure related in minecraft.

I'm calling it Project Enderscale.

Basically, picture Better Than Wolves, except not programmed by FC, but by my (decidedly less competent) self, and focusing not on the building aspect of this building-adventure hybrid, but rather on the adventure aspect.

I'm going to have to edit base classes, but I have decent reason to believe that they're classes that BTW won't touch, so the two will be compatible.

My primary objectives:

1: Nerf armor. Seriously, it makes it almost impossible to die, and it's literally impossible to find a mob that will do more than half a heart of damage against the best armor out there. That's quite a massive mismatch between attack and defense, I intend to fix that.

2: Make the hostile mobs implement Sparrow, and make Zombies capable of fighting back against non-players.

3: Add dynamic difficulty. I'll make it so that the risk and reward actually increase the further out from your spawn you explore. Ore frequency will likely scale with the tier of your location, as will the caliber of monsters you'll face.

I feel really strongly about this, and if anybody's interested in helping me out with textures, I'd really appreciate it!
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You're pushing it with the all-caps titles Raust.
RaustBlackDragon

FlowerChild wrote:You're pushing it with the all-caps titles Raust.
Ooh, sorry, I did that without realizing. I hate those too, I'll fix it immediately.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

RaustBlackDragon wrote: I feel really strongly about this, and if anybody's interested in helping me out with textures, I'd really appreciate it!
*raises hand*
I don't have quite the time i did when i did the RBDtools textures, but I can probably do most of em for you :)
th3m1ner

Post by th3m1ner »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Alright, after a lot of thought, I've decided that it's high time I fix the utterly broken nature of, like, everything combat/adventure related in minecraft.

I'm calling it Project Enderscale.

Basically, picture Better Than Wolves, except not programmed by FC, but by my (decidedly less competent) self, and focusing not on the building aspect of this building-adventure hybrid, but rather on the adventure aspect.

I'm going to have to edit base classes, but I have decent reason to believe that they're classes that BTW won't touch, so the two will be compatible.

My primary objectives:

1: Nerf armor. Seriously, it makes it almost impossible to die, and it's literally impossible to find a mob that will do more than half a heart of damage against the best armor out there. That's quite a massive mismatch between attack and defense, I intend to fix that.

2: Make the hostile mobs implement Sparrow, and make Zombies capable of fighting back against non-players.

3: Add dynamic difficulty. I'll make it so that the risk and reward actually increase the further out from your spawn you explore. Ore frequency will likely scale with the tier of your location, as will the caliber of monsters you'll face.

I feel really strongly about this, and if anybody's interested in helping me out with textures, I'd really appreciate it!

Please do this! I hate default mob, there boring and die easily. I don't even bother to go out and search for them any more. I will support this all the way. :)
PhantasticJoe

Re: Raust's Mods Thread (Discussing Project Enderscale)

Post by PhantasticJoe »

I can try and help out with textures too, if you need an alternative, in case Bino is busy, or some such. That sentence had too many commas.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Is Enderscale an evolution of the Bandits mod or a totally separate idea?
RaustBlackDragon

sargunster wrote:Is Enderscale an evolution of the Bandits mod or a totally separate idea?
The bandits mod will likely become a feature of Enderscale. Really, I'm just sick and tired of how easy this game has become, and how all of my advancements don't serve to prepare me for any mightier foes.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:3: Add dynamic difficulty. I'll make it so that the risk and reward actually increase the further out from your spawn you explore. Ore frequency will likely scale with the tier of your location, as will the caliber of monsters you'll face.
For the life of me, I cannot remember if something came out of the last time this was discussed.

Regardless, I will follow development very closely. Best of luck to you in this endeavor. (Also, my mediocre pixel art is always willing to help you out.)
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

DO THIS VERY MUCH.

However I honestly hope you ain't just gonna crank up the values for monsters further away from spawn.
RaustBlackDragon

Poppycocks wrote:DO THIS VERY MUCH.

However I honestly hope you ain't just gonna crank up the values for monsters further away from spawn.
I WILL be doing that, but not JUST that. First step is to do the simple fixes outlined in parts 1 and 2.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
shoegun56

Post by shoegun56 »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:I'm just sick and tired of how easy this game has become, and how all of my advancements don't serve to prepare me for any mightier foes.
I must say that I agree, sometimes, minecraft is just way too easy, even with the new AI. LOVE the idea, best of luck to you :)
Cheese. A green one. Yum.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

I don't usually pipe in much on these discussions, but isn't this one of FC's primary concerns, and something he has planned to fix/alter in MC?
It seems like the mod would become slightly pointless after the anniversary update for BTW comes out. At least according to the end of the teaser video it seemed like we'd be pooping our pants a bit more often.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

I'm still mostly hoping for variants instead of run-of-the-mill stuff. I've got a feeling that the very same monster becoming stronger for no apparent reason would become old fast. Simple variations could be enough to indicate increased strength. Tinting them different colors for easy identification perhaps. And size variations. Maybe new skills in the remote regions.

Mini creeper swarms(on leaves in jungles! Old suicide-jump AI FTW!!), zombies based of iron golems, teleporting skeletons, noxious cloud zombies, iron creepers(I will kill you creeper! I'll keep hitting you until you fall over, no matter how long it'll take! Oh wait, is that a storm coming?), fast regenerating zombie.

That kinda stuff.