The Survival Games

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
MrGrau

Re: The Survival Games

Post by MrGrau »

Haha, no worries.
Yeah, my in-game-name is still MrGrau
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
Yamboyz1 wrote:I would like to join again as well!

Also, how about using this map for the next game?

YES! That looks awesome!
Okay, cool! :D
But, I feel like because this map is very different from the two we played in the past, we should probably make some stricter rules. I think that this may be good:
Spoiler
Show
1) No breaking blocks. At the beginning, there is very little stuff in the corn to begin with, plus the chests on the map are VERY limited, so I feel like being able to make your own tools would be way OP.

2) Playing on hard. This way, you're able to starve.

3) NO SPONSORS. I really like this map because of its size and built-in difficultly, I feel like (unlike the other maps, much more open) sponsors would ruin the PvP element.

And then my suggestions:
Spoiler
Show
1a) If you could find a plugin that makes you automatically go invisible and go creative once you die, I feel like that would be helpful. No one would be able to tell if they're being watched.

1b) If you could find a plugin that makes it so no one can see when you teleport to someone, that'd be great, too.

1c) One last suggestion, if you could somehow make it so fallen spectating tributes can't interact with people playing the game, that would just be amazing. I remember that this issue was huge last game.

On minecraftsurvivalgames.com, they actually have a custom plugin that adds all of the above and more, but I don't know if that's open source or not. closed source :/
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Yamboyz1 wrote:1a) If you could find a plugin that makes you automatically go invisible and go creative once you die, I feel like that would be helpful. No one would be able to tell if they're being watched.

1b) If you could find a plugin that makes it so no one can see when you teleport to someone, that'd be great, too.

1c) One last suggestion, if you could somehow make it so fallen spectating tributes can't interact with people playing the game, that would just be amazing. I remember that this issue was huge last game.
I'm working on one. I haven't had much time to work on it, but it should be ready by the weekend.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

sargunster wrote:I'm working on one. I haven't had much time to work on it, but it should be ready by the weekend.
<3. :)
Take your time, the next game won't be until the 18th/19th (depending on your Time zone).
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

It says that two people are online the server right now, is something happening?
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Yamboyz1 wrote:It says that two people are online the server right now, is something happening?
This is meself and epicGHO5T playing some Vech's map. He runs the server, so its the same IP.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

The plugin is pretty much done, but I'd like to do a bit more testing.

It keeps a list of the players who are still alive, and this list can be accessed with "/sg players". When a player dies, he is automatically turned into a spectator, and becomes invisible. Spectators can toggle flymode and teleport to other players. Enabling flymode does not enable creative. The host/admin can create a list of starting points, and when he uses "/sg prepare" the players will automatically teleport to the starting points and have their inventories cleared and their health, hunger, exhaustion, saturation, burn time, and experience reset.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

sargunster wrote:The plugin is pretty much done, but I'd like to do a bit more testing.

It keeps a list of the players who are still alive, and this list can be accessed with "/sg players". When a player dies, he is automatically turned into a spectator, and becomes invisible. Spectators can toggle flymode and teleport to other players. Enabling flymode does not enable creative. The host/admin can create a list of starting points, and when he uses "/sg prepare" the players will automatically teleport to the starting points and have their inventories cleared and their health, hunger, exhaustion, saturation, burn time, and experience reset.
Epic!

Edit: I am wondering, would it be possible to make the plugin whisper to spectators when 2 players get in proximity with each other?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Thats awesome man! Thanks a ton for making that! I just hope we will have enough people to have a good game. I think we are only at like 6 or so.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I finished the basic features for the plugin. I haven't finished the help commands, but basically:
  • Everyone
  • "/survivalgames" gives a list of commands.
  • "/survivalgames players" gives a list of players.
  • "/survivalgames spectators" gives a list of spectators (dead players).
  • Spectators or Admins
  • "/survivalgames tp <player>" teleports you to the specified player.
  • "/survivalgames vanish" toggles invisibility.
  • "/survivalgames fly" toggles flymode.
  • Admins
  • "/survivalgames addplayer <player>" adds the specified player to the list of players.
  • "/survivalgames addstart" adds the current location to the list of starting positions.
  • "/survivalgames prepare" moves everyone to starting positions and resets inventory, etc.
  • "/survivalgames start" starts the game.
"/sg" can be used as a shortcut for "/survivalgames" in all commands. There are also a few more commands not listed here; you can find them in game by using "/survivalgames". By default, everyone gets the "basic" permission and ops get the "admin" permission. This can be modified using a permissions plugin.

Download Link
Tested with CraftBukkit 1.2.5 R1.0. It should work on any recent version of CraftBukkit.
Ethinolicbob wrote:I am wondering, would it be possible to make the plugin whisper to spectators when 2 players get in proximity with each other?
I'll try to add that, but I probably won't get it in time for this week's game.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

From the other post I assumed the "sg" command was short for your username, because you made the plugin. Happy coincidence :P
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Thats awesome man! Thanks again for this!
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Sorry for the double post, but I have some information.

With the plug-in that sarg so kindly made for the games, we will know have the games be an open server. There will no longer be any whitelist to sign up to, just come on time.

The server will go live at 6:30 P.M. EST tonight (May 18th) and The Games will start sometime within the next thirty to forty minutes.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I just realized I may have left some code in there for broadcasting a when two players are close to each other. This can get quite annoying right now because it's not finished. :) I'll upload a fixed version in the next few minutes.

EDIT: Fixed:
Download
Also, non-admins can only break leaves, shrubs, flowers, mushrooms, vines, and lily pads.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

We are currently live. Anyone who wants to come and play, feel free.

IP is 69.142.163.230
epicGHO5T

Post by epicGHO5T »

Hello all!

Thanks to all who came to the games today! Walker_boh_65 and I really appreciate your attendance and hope to see you all next week for another round of The Survival Games! Details on time and date will be posted later when Walker and I decide when would be best for everyone (both on forums and IRL). Hope to see you all there!

-epicGHO5T
Check out my channel!
www.youtube.com/epicGHO5T
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Are there any more features you would like in the plugin? So far my todo list has:
  • Unvanish and unfly everyone when game ends
  • More descriptive error messages
  • Documentation
  • Whisper to spectators when two players are near each other
  • Config file to modify block breaking whitelist and messages
  • Prevent spectators from causing or taking damage
Folrig

Post by Folrig »

That map is really quite gorgeous. I first saw it on captinsparkles(?) play of Survival Games, so I jumped on the server and wandered for a bit. Does anyone know how to get into the vault under the capital building?
This...all of this...is just...wonky!
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

I first saw it from Captainsparkles too! It really is a great map. Can't wait to go exploring it again!

..So long as I don't get surprise creepered while being distracted by a non-player. :P
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

The map looked really nice. Sorry I had to go yesterday, real-life stuff kind of popped out of nowhere.
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Just as a fun request,

You can hear thunder whenever a player dies. Like in the real Hunger Games.

Also, turning off spectator-tribute entity interaction would be very nice.

-Abraham Lincoln
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

The official date for the Games will be on Sat. May 26th, at 7:00 P.M. EST. We will play on the same map as last week, and it will not have a whitelist, thanks to sarg's plugin. Hopefully we can get a nice group together again. See you there
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

I will be joining you once again.
See you there :)

-Abraham Lincoln
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

not sure if im geting this right but thats 9Am AEST isn't it, ill try to be there :)
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I hope I can finally play :P
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.