Raust's Mods Thread (Discussing Project Enderscale)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves

Which of my mods do you use?

Doggy Talents
29%
TTWTTTTT
9%
MagiCats
18%
Raust's Tools
32%
Nyctophobia
12%

Total votes: 34
jorgebonafe

Re: Raust's Mods Thread

Post by jorgebonafe »

rhacer wrote:Isn't upping the brightness so you can see without benefit of aids in the dark cheating?
If you want it to be cheating :P Thats a personal choice, man, like anything in MC, you decide how you want to play and what constraints to set...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Joeyjoebob

Post by Joeyjoebob »

Hey Raust, just heard you on Direwolf's new video. It's cool to see you getting some much needed attention for your mod, bro.
TheAnarchitect wrote:
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence...
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

I dare not believe my own eyes. Is that really a video by PaulSoaresJr about Doggy Talents I see!?
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:I dare not believe my own eyes. Is that really a video by PaulSoaresJr about Doggy Talents I see!?
Really? I can't find it. Link?
RaustBlackDragon

jorgebonafe wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:I dare not believe my own eyes. Is that really a video by PaulSoaresJr about Doggy Talents I see!?
Really? I can't find it. Link?
'cording to his channel, he made a mistake with the recipes, took it down, and is re-uploading it. I never got to see it :(
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:'cording to his channel, he made a mistake with the recipes, took it down, and is re-uploading it. I never got to see it :(
Hope he upload's it soon...
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Get you exoskeleton ready, the hord is on its way ;)
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

Congrats on the review, Raust! :D
Quality comes before quantity.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

"Guys, stop rubbing your butts on the carpet"
AHUahuahahuhau
Panda

Post by Panda »

Added support for you tools on my TP.
With love,
Panda.
Never say no to Panda.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Would it be possible to add a config option to make saplings from other mods work with your kukri? Or possibly make it recognize everything with "Sapling" in it's name as a sapling?
RaustBlackDragon

sargunster wrote:Would it be possible to add a config option to make saplings from other mods work with your kukri? Or possibly make it recognize everything with "Sapling" in it's name as a sapling?
Actually, that COULD be possible, I think. I was in the middle of explaining why that wouldn't be possible, but I just realized I think you're right :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

I remember you've once made a post about having a new idea for teaching doggies their talents - by giving them an item and letting them use it / train with it.

Are still planing on going trough with this? I like the idea.
RaustBlackDragon

Poppycocks wrote:I remember you've once made a post about having a new idea for teaching doggies their talents - by giving them an item and letting them use it / train with it.

I am :)

I'm going to be working on it as part of the general rewrite I'm going to do with 1.3.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
Poppycocks wrote:I remember you've once made a post about having a new idea for teaching doggies their talents - by giving them an item and letting them use it / train with it.

I am :)

I'm going to be working on it as part of the general rewrite I'm going to do with 1.3.
Aaaah, great, I'll probably install myself then.

I'll probably just keep a general do-it-all dog around to watch my back. But hey, that counts too, right?
RaustBlackDragon

I made a quick update to the RBD Tools mod (CORE DOWNLOAD, NOT THE EXPANSION, it's weird that way) to nerf the refined machete to be equal to the newly-nerfed refined sword.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
RaustBlackDragon

So we've seen the trading system. My hopes of this ending well are quite low, but I've decided that I'm going to do something about it.

How? Doing what I do best.

"What will squeeing at animals accomplish?"

...The OTHER thing I do best.

I'm going to create a mod, one which will edit no base classes, and which will hopefully mitigate the potential abuse of this upcoming villager system. From what I've heard, selling and buying will impact the goods available, their prices, etc, so this must mean that, whether or not it will be balanced, some form of progression will exist, and it will generally be more beneficial to have a larger village.

...That's all I'll need to work with. I'm going to create a mod that adds bandits to the game, bandits that will attack in greater numbers and with greater ferocity the more prosperous a village has grown to be. The more you can milk from your villages, the more you'll have to make an effort to defend the village against raids. Failure to do so will result in theft, vandalism, and even kidnapping or killing your most prosperous merchants.

I haven't decided on what kinds of methods this mod will provide to the player for defending villages, but as the bandits will use sparrow, you can count on my DTDoggies being up to the task of defending villages.

BTW purists will likely not care to go to the trouble of really defending villages, but in that case this mod will have the benefit of discouraging their use, since the reception of villager trading on this forum has been almost universally negative.

Bandits will also have nasty tricks up their sleeves which will prevent you from being able to keep them out with mere walls or lighting >:D

Any thoughts on this?
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
SgtChuckle

Re: Raust's Mods Thread (DISCUSSING BANDITS MOD IDEA)

Post by SgtChuckle »

All I can say is that them bandits are gonna have a tough time raiding the villages when there's nothing left alive to raid. If you get my drift.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

But, but Trading!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

I tried the invasion mod, thought it'd be fun.

All I needed to stop the mobs dead was putting the important block deep under water. The I tried to use self-repairing walls instead. Same thing, no matter how high the numbers and how many throwers there were, the walls always regenerated in time. And most of the mobs just stood there waiting for slaughter.

What I'm saying is, how smart do you think will you be able to make the bandits?

Because honestly, I'm interested.
RaustBlackDragon

Poppycocks wrote:I tried the invasion mod, thought it'd be fun.

All I needed to stop the mobs dead was putting the important block deep under water. The I tried to use self-repairing walls instead. Same thing, no matter how high the numbers and how many throwers there were, the walls always regenerated in time. And most of the mobs just stood there waiting for slaughter.

What I'm saying is, how smart do you think will you be able to make the bandits?

Because honestly, I'm interested.
Well first of all, this isn't a single block, it's an entire village, so it's not quite as easy to fortify :)

and secondly, I plan on unleashing massive amounts of nastiness into their tactics, including explosives-users, torch extinguishers, redstone sabateurs, and even spies :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Sothe Cuslinde

Post by Sothe Cuslinde »

I would like to see the bandits use grappling hooks or something to scale walls. Kinda like spiders, but maybe if you make them immune to ledges by have them place charged explosives at the top.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

If you make these bandits, it will give me an excuse to try fortifying a village again. And then place an invasion block in the middle of town.
I predict much chaos and many panicked nights. Right up until bandits and invasion mobs attack together. And then, we all die.

I have to agree though: Give them unconventional ways of bypassing defenses. Or ways of making it so that conventional bypasses will work by those that follow.

@Poppycocks: The hell kind of walls were you using? Because one deep regenerating cobble walls don't do it. The zombies cluster and then tear through the wall at a single point now.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Double walls with lava in the middle. I've gotten to level 25 and then I've just said "Ah, fuck it".
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I love the invasion mod... It's too bad it's going forge next release... :(