Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
TheAnarchitect

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Just add a button or switch to give it a manual kickstart. My cobble generator has an on/off switch that also undoes jams when toggled rapidly.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
HighMongrel

Post by HighMongrel »

Mine's been running nonstop for a while now
Spoiler
Show
It's also running of the same timer as my auto pottery station.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

TheAnarchitect wrote:Just add a button or switch to give it a manual kickstart.
TY, first picture button added.
Spoiler
Show
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Thalarctia wrote:
Elevatator wrote:...
Not really sure how that is more efficient; it requires more resources, more space, and the timer introduces the same delay between blocks being picked up. If you could elaborate, I would appreciate it.

Rawny's design on the other hand is clearly more efficient, as it eliminates overhead time to account for the randomness of how long it takes for a new block to pop up before it gets sucked in. Pity that it doesnt automatically continue once the BD is emptied, that would be the cherry on top :)
>.<
I thought because of the 3 second redstone timer.
Sorry.
But Rawnys is truely brilliant.

Oh, and by the way, you could use my Cleanstonegenerator also for wool.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Rawny wrote:-Awesome smooth stone generator design-
That. Is. Awesome. Definitely the most compact version I've seen, due to the fact that it doesn't need a timer of any sort.

I remember someone using a similar concept for a completely vanilla tree farm, using the fact that saplings don't conduct redstone power, but logs do.

Yeah, the pulse generator (I've also seen them called monostable circuits) is about as compact as it can be unless you use a BD with a Buddy block inside. This, while more compact, is also more expensive, so it depends on the situation whether you want to use it or not. I use it profusely on creative mode builds.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Nice Rawny, this is how I used to do my cobblegens in my testworld,but then I built my actual one right next to a clock for a bellows, so I simply leeched off that :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

So I'm going to show some complete n00bness, which is funny given how long I've been playing Minecraft. I thought lava + water generated cobblestone, not smooth stone.

Am I missing the place where you take the generated cobble and turn it into smooth?
HighMongrel

Post by HighMongrel »

Lava has to fall onto water to make smooth stone. If it runs into it it makes cobble.
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

HighMongrel wrote:Lava has to fall onto water to make smooth stone. If it runs into it it makes cobble.
Thank you!
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

rhacer wrote:So I'm going to show some complete n00bness, which is funny given how long I've been playing Minecraft. I thought lava + water generated cobblestone, not smooth stone.

Am I missing the place where you take the generated cobble and turn it into smooth?
Think it was added in 1.1 or something, but its a rather small change thats kinda easy to overlook as lava falling into water doesnt happen much naturally, and when it does the smoothstone appears to just be part of the ravine anyway.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I haven't had time to build this completely yet, although I have started. I don't have screenshots as I'm moving and rebuilding my computer so I won't post those for a few days. But heres a mostly complete paint schematic of my new breeding farm!
Spoiler
Show

Wall of text to explain the image.
Spoiler
Show
The large squares are each floor looking top down. The small seemingly random pixels next to them are a side view showing the level height with the black being the ceiling and floor.
Black in these images is any solid block. Usually walls.
Light blue=water
Blue=walkway.
Green is different on each floor, it represents either the input or output product of the floor.
Brown=Axles
Orange=Gearbox
Red is a 1 high block on floor 2 and redstone on floor 4.
Dark Brown=Saw
Purple=Hopper
Yellow=wheat drop location (except for side view of floor 0, there its a btb pipe)
Dark Green=Vine Trap on floor 2, bd's on floor 4
White=open space. Gear Train will likely extend vertically through all the floors to floor 4 to power a turntable for timing controls.

Floor 4: The Brain! Redstone disaster and timers controling bd's to dispense wheat to cows. Redstone is not laid out in this schematic. Will have a 10 min timer, pulsing each bd 4 times.

Floor 3: Orgy! Hard to visualize, green is where the cows and pigs will sit. This floor can have up to 32 critters. (640 leather needed for harness'...) Cows will be in the top half, pigs in the bottom half. (blue divider line) Babies will fall through the white holes between the green critters.

Floor 2: Growing Up! Babies will fall to this floor where the light green blocks are. When grown they'll eventually jump onto a ledge (red blocks) and fall through vine traps (dark green).

Floor 1: Murder! Water stream will direct cows/pigs to saws. Water will carry drops to hoppers. Light green here is water wheels.

Floor 0: Profit! Drops arrive at green blocks and travel through water stream. In the side view, leather will be filtered from meat and both will be placed in chests (dark brown). BTB will be used to distribute items to other factories/farms but it isn't necessary for design. This can be accomplished through other BTW means.
I've built floors 1 and 2. Most of 0 is finished. Floor 3 is half finished, I need to put in animals as I build it. I have no leather currently for harness' though. As this full design requires 640 leather (prays for looting enchant), I can build each cell one at a time (4x critters).
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

I made this in a creative world, then converted it to survival.

The idea is, I've always wanted to build some tribute to the 4 main elements, so I set to work and this happened.
I'm not a fan of the clouds above the air island.. but the rest isn't too bad :P
Show
World download
Show
Not sure if anyone wants it, but if you want a closer look-
Elemental Islands
Doesn't really use much from BTW, except blood wood trees and a couple of Hibachi.
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
National Zombie

Post by National Zombie »

Here is my Potter's Corner... Erm.. I like to build towns / villages

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... ery-place/

The bedroom above the kiln would get very very hot... but the Building is functional, has a waiting area and did not burn down after about 14mins of waiting (i prebuild ideas on a flatmap before i put them into SMP)

Looking at it now i see i could have done the roof differantly... twas learning about roofs that day (Girlfriend loosely advised me)

Hope you enjoy, (I have other builds on my page if your intrested, Still trying to design a decent looking functional windmill... hardest task so far -.-)

Much Love

Zombie!
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Pentagram wrote:I've always wanted to build some tribute to the 4 main elements, so I set to work and this happened.
Eessa perdy. Not functional in any way but I lie it. I've always been partial to the elements.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
HighMongrel

Post by HighMongrel »

Well the docks finally done. Thank you raust for making it not quite as painful.
Spoiler
Show

It's not as pretty as I would like but it's mostly designed for minecraft boats. A few place for zeppelin boats and eventually I'll make a long boat in the center. Locations for the actual building are being finalized too though I still don't know where I'm going to put the bath house or forge, and I'm not sure if I want to make the inn or not.

I think I'll work a little more on BTW stuff for now, and by that I mean gathering iron and netherrack/blood wood as that's the only thing I'm missing right now though also the most boring to do.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

The colours you're using really compliment each other well. I don't think I'd be brave enough to use grass with nether brick.
On a side note, is that some sort of improved default texture pack?
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
HighMongrel

Post by HighMongrel »

Husbag3 wrote:The colours you're using really compliment each other well. I don't think I'd be brave enough to use grass with nether brick.
On a side note, is that some sort of improved default texture pack?
Yeah, it's actually just called improved default, what gave it away? I try not to go into fancy texture packs as there will always be at least one mod item/block that will look out of place due to it not being supported, even more so with the higher res ones.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

It was mainly the grass in the second picture of the most recent post of the building but as well as that, some of the items look unfamiliar.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
HighMongrel

Post by HighMongrel »

The items are from raust's tools mod. No texture pack for them. Getting a bit off topic though.
theTyson_r

Post by theTyson_r »

first post here . yeay !

i build the most useless building in minecraft ... a church!
features:
- preeching throne (pulpit sais google translate)
- confessional
-an organ (just notblocks really)
-a bell tower that continuosly plays 4 notes but only during the day! (a real hussle)
- baptism font
pics
Show
the outside was designed to look like the 'sint-martinus kerk' at 'sint-martens bodegem'

dude ,columns ftw

a view from the 'pulpit' to the altar

"forgive me fc , cause i have sinned , i have just a wicker in the wrong place."

view from the alter and the lecture thingy

belltower in spoilerception
Spoiler
Show
view from above
a look through the rollers

'by day'
'by night'
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Hey Everyone !

Haven't done much work on my world since previous sneak peak (the floating cat (tm)), but here is a new one !
I proudly present you the unfinished Lumberjack workstation ! I haven't got to steal yet, but it will be automated at some point !
Here ya go :
Spoiler
Show
Link to the album

Will be back soon :-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

If I may necromance, this thread has been dead long enough.

So I think I'll introduce you all to my first automation project: A fully automated, open air Hemp farm.
To begin with we have the growing area mechanism.
Spoiler
Show
The growth rate is notably slow, about 32 per 40 minutes Depending on how much misses the water streams, but it's enough for my purposes.
This image is notably outdated, preceding both the original timer and the current, lens based, trigger for the harvesting pistons.

Once the hemp has fallen down the chutes, the seeds are sorted out and then both seeds and hemp are dropped into a pair of cauldrons to wait for the elevator.
Spoiler
Show
Nothing special about it, just an item elevator with redstone wire on top to activate nearby machines.
Spoiler
Show
At the top, a pair of pistons let loose a water flow to push the items into their respective hoppers.
Eventually this system will also sort leather and meat from a nearby cow processor so that's why the hopper for the seeds has a wicker filter

And a few bits of wiring for those interested in that.
Spoiler
Show
ImageImage
The dispenser fires a seed every five minutes and the block dispenser on the left switches cycles between 7 wool blocks and a repeater. The rest of it is: A Block dispenser based pulse lengthener, A pulse stabilizer for the pulse lengthener, and the reason they exist (in the second image) a very long delay turntable + BD circuit. (cycles through wool slabs until turning itself off with a full block),
This system powers both the Item elevator and a lens based signal transmitter in another section of the tower it's built into.
Additionally, it also fits quite nicely beneath the floorboards.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

You mentioned the throughput was kinda low - Putting up light blocks will help a lot with that, since you no longer "waste" the nights in the growing cycle.

Very neat construction though - I need to start experimenting with item elevators, they do seem immensely useful :)
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

But this would mess up the open air design.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Yeah, As much as I utterly adore this setup, there have been a number of areas where I've had to sacrifice efficiency in order to get the best aesthetic, especially in the harvester which does not produce enough seeds to keep the junk timer stocked up. Thankfully, the eventual implementation of placenta might help with that.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪