BTW Deco Add-on (pre-release v0.4.5 - updated 6/11)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
kaos78414

Re: BTW Deco Add-on ( pre-release v0.4.2 - updated 5/14)

Post by kaos78414 »

August West wrote:Since we have mead, the process of making grape wine could be a fun one. I'm not sure if that has been suggested or not.
I actually had thought about doing grapevines, so we could have wine cellars and whatnot. But it's a ways off if I do decide to do it.
moonracer wrote:I guess if you are looking for suggestions I can only think some sort of kitchen decor would be nice. It is hard to make my furnace room and food prep room look different :/
Glad you're enjoying it man! As for food prep rooms, I normally use Risugami's shelf mod and put up some flour and whatnot, but if you think of anything that goes good in a kitchen setting, let me know.
Juliex wrote:So i guess this add-on isnt compatible with Mr. Crayfish's furniture mod? theres a class file conflict because both this mod and Mr. Crayfish's have a chair. Mr. Crayfish's works fine with just BTW without this mod, and i got this mod to work fine without Mr. Crayfish's. My block ID resolver works fine with either, but can't fix both. Is there a way i can fix this? I'd really like to keep both. I want to keep Mr. Crayfish's couch, and have this cherry blossom tree too :P The tables might be conflicting too but it hasn't mentioned anything in the crash report.
I will not guarantee compatibility with mods outside of BTW, but at some point I'll be renaming my classes to be a little more unique (IE prefacing all the class names with Kaos, or something similar). This should eliminate any compatibility issues outside of ID conflicts.
Panda wrote:-connected textures issue-
I'm not sure what you mean. I have no idea how connected textures works, and so I wouldn't know how to fix that. But I'll look into it.

EDIT: As to the mead barrel thing, I had to fix that by editing the texture (that was the easiest solution IMO).
HavokSCOUT wrote:Wow, that looks like a cool mod. For future posterity, I installed BTW, BTB this mod, and Buildcraft together, and it works in that order. Granted, I also use some other mods, so the result can't be guaranteed. Keep up the good work, Kaos.
Well outside of ID conflicts this mod overwrites no base classes, and so should be compatible with everything. (save for the class conflict mentioned above)

-

News-wise: Again I have to apologize for not being very active recently. I haven't touched the code for a few days, but I expect to get back to it throughout the week. I'll be fixing some stuff, but mostly I'm still anxiously awaiting the extended block ID's.
lostone1993

Post by lostone1993 »

I have a suggestion not sure if is feasible though

would it be possible for the hay bale to hold passive mobs in an area ?, just thought of this while decorating my cow pastures. remembered what a pain it is to get out a farm gate without the animals getting out

to expand my idea

it would attract or hold passive mobs in a certain say 4x4 area so when you want get in and out the animal wont try to get out the gate
Under many names
lost-one
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube
My WIP Fan Mission for SS2(youtube)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

If you are using mcpatchers CTM, I don't know what the problem is, I have gotten it working and I assume Eriotto has as well since he supports both mods (even has ctm in this one).
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

lostone1993 wrote:I have a suggestion not sure if is feasible though

would it be possible for the hay bale to hold passive mobs in an area ?, just thought of this while decorating my cow pastures. remembered what a pain it is to get out a farm gate without the animals getting out

to expand my idea

it would attract or hold passive mobs in a certain say 4x4 area so when you want get in and out the animal wont try to get out the gate
I'm fairly certain this would require base class modifications, which I'm trying to avoid if at all possible.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

You know what I've always wanted to have? A type of glass made from soulsand, which can be looked through, but which doesn't allow light to be spread through it, so you can keep a room dark while still being able to check on it, like a mushroom farm.

It would be fairly simple I think, just a block that has a transparent texture but which is classified as opaque in the code.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, loving the mod!

Oh, and also, I encountered a bug where two fireflies got stuck on eachother, it shows up in E1P2 I think of my LP.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:You know what I've always wanted to have? A type of glass made from soulsand, which can be looked through, but which doesn't allow light to be spread through it, so you can keep a room dark while still being able to check on it, like a mushroom farm.

It would be fairly simple I think, just a block that has a transparent texture but which is classified as opaque in the code.

Oh, and also, I encountered a bug where two fireflies got stuck on eachother, it shows up in E1P2 I think of my LP.
I think this was already discussed on this thread somewhere Raust ... Though I may be mistaken ...
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Eriottosan wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:You know what I've always wanted to have? A type of glass made from soulsand, which can be looked through, but which doesn't allow light to be spread through it, so you can keep a room dark while still being able to check on it, like a mushroom farm.

I think this was already discussed on this thread somewhere Raust ... Though I may be mistaken ...
Oh, sorry about that if that's true...
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Page 19, Panda's post 6th post down is where the discussion starts, and about halfway-2/3rds of the way down is a post from kaos that addresses this and the other suggestions made at that time :).
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
BrynEM

Post by BrynEM »

when I installed this addon it crashed I got you a crash dump so can you see what's wrong.
Spoiler
Show
Mods loaded: 13
ModLoader 1.2.5
mod_RecipeBook 1.2.5
mod_FCBetterThanWolves 3.62
mod_ReiMinimap v3.0_06 [1.2.5]
mod_BuildCraftCore 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftBuilders 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftEnergy 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftFactory 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftTransport 3.1.5
mod_LogisticsPipes 0.2.5B (built with Minecraft 1.2.5, Buildcraft 3.1.5, Forge 3.1.2.90)
mod_BuildCraftSilicon 3.1.5
mod_linkovich 0.4.0
mod_BetterThenBuildCraft 3.26

Minecraft has crashed!
----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT d538d536 --------
Generated 21/05/12 20:14

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
Java: 1.7.0_04, Oracle Corporation
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: GeForce 8400 GS/PCI/SSE2 version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 154 is already occupied by BlockPavement@6fcbee when adding buildcraft.builders.BlockMarker@1b5b615
at pb.<init>(Block.java:248)
at agy.<init>(SourceFile:9)
at buildcraft.builders.BlockMarker.<init>(BlockMarker.java:32)
at BuildCraftBuilders.initialize(BuildCraftBuilders.java:126)
at mod_BuildCraftBuilders.modsLoaded(mod_BuildCraftBuilders.java:40)
at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:899)
at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
at ahu.<init>(ahu.java:77)
at ahu.<clinit>(ahu.java:8)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:273)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:657)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 5029a137 ----------
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

BrynEM, the important bit there is:

"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 154 is already occupied by BlockPavement@6fcbee when adding buildcraft.builders.BlockMarker@1b5b615
at pb.<init>(Block.java:248)"

You need to edit the BTB Config file and change the block ID used by the land mark. You may have further conflicts after that, maybe look back through this thread and find the changes to the config file someone made before :).
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

A comment on that, if you change it in the Buildcraft config, just change the name of the file to whatever.txt. That will allow you to edit it. And you don't have to turn it back into a cfg file, it works fine with me as a txt.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

HavokSCOUT wrote:A comment on that, if you change it in the Buildcraft config, just change the name of the file to whatever.txt. That will allow you to edit it. And you don't have to turn it back into a cfg file, it works fine with me as a txt.
right click, open with notepad...? Also, are you sure the extension you put isn't .txt.cfg? or something like that. Common mistake when dealing with txt's and cfg file extensions.
Elevatator

Re: BTW Deco Add-on ( pre-release v0.4 - updated 5/5)

Post by Elevatator »

Lusewing wrote:already posted it in my thread in the BTB board but it makes sense to add it here to:
Spoiler
Show
# Configuration file
# Generated on 10/05/12 16:31

####################
# block
####################

block {
architect.id=180
autoWorkbench.id=181
blueprintLibrary.id=182
builder.id=183
cobblestonePipe.id=184
diamondPipe.id=205
drill.id=186
engine.id=187
filler.id=188
frame.id=189
goldenPipe.id=190
ironPipe.id=191
marker.id=192
miningWell.id=193
obsidianPipe.id=194
oilMoving.id=195
oilStill.id=196
pathMarker.id=197
pipe.id=198
pump.id=199
quarry.id=200
refinery.id=201
stonePipe.id=202
tank.id=203
woodenPipe.exclusion=
woodenPipe.id=204
}

####################
# general
####################

general {
# set to true for allowing machines to be driven by continuous current
current.continuous=false
# set to true to load pre 2.2.5 worlds pipes
loadLegacyPipes=true
mining.enabled=true
# set to false if BuildCraft should not generate custom blocks (e.g. oil)
modifyWorld=true
# increasing this number will decrease network update frequency, useful for overloaded servers
network.updateFactor=10
# set to false to deactivate pipe connection rules, true by default
pipes.alwaysConnect=false
# when reaching this amount of objects in a pipes, items will be automatically grouped
pipes.groupItemsTrigger=32
# pipes containing more than this amount of items will explode, not dropping any item
pipes.maxItems=100
power.framework=buildcraft.energy.PneumaticPowerFramework
trackNetworkUsage=false
version=3.1.5
}

####################
# item
####################

item {
blueprintItem.id=3818
bucketFuel.id=3810
bucketOil.id=3807
diamondGearItem.id=3804
fuel.id=3808
goldenGearItem.id=3803
ironGearItem.id=3802
pipeItemsCobblestone.id=4051
pipeItemsDiamond.id=4055
pipeItemsGold.id=4054
pipeItemsIron.id=4053
pipeItemsObsidian.id=4056
pipeItemsStone.id=4052
pipeItemsStripes.id=4071
pipeItemsWood.id=4050
pipeLiquidsCobblestone.id=4058
pipeLiquidsGold.id=4061
pipeLiquidsIron.id=4060
pipeLiquidsStone.id=4059
pipeLiquidsWood.id=4057
pipePowerGold.id=4068
pipePowerStone.id=4066
pipePowerWood.id=4064
pipeStructureCobblestone.id=4072
stoneGearItem.id=3801
templateItem.id=3805
woodenGearItem.id=3800
wrench.id=3806
}
Just watch out, Iv found out that any existing oil wells will turn into chairs...a bit of a funny mishap. Kaos might it at all be possible that you could move chairs to a different ID? Pretty pretty please.
I think it´s easier that way.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Elevator, I need to employ you to follow me around all forums, providing links to anything I reference.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

embirrim wrote:
HavokSCOUT wrote:-snip-
right click, open with notepad...? Also, are you sure the extension you put isn't .txt.cfg? or something like that. Common mistake when dealing with txt's and cfg file extensions.
It doesn't have that option when I right click. It only pops up if I try to open it on its own. And I'm talking about the config file that Buildcraft saves to the "Buildcraft" folder.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

HavokSCOUT wrote: It doesn't have that option when I right click. It only pops up if I try to open it on its own. And I'm talking about the config file that Buildcraft saves to the "Buildcraft" folder.
That's strange... Unless you have a Mac ofc. I know which configs you're talking about, I just find it extremely strange that BC would open a .txt instead of a .cfg.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I changed it into a txt so that I can open it. Otherwise, it just reads as an error.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

kaos78414 wrote:I will not guarantee compatibility with mods outside of BTW, but at some point I'll be renaming my classes to be a little more unique (IE prefacing all the class names with Kaos, or something similar). This should eliminate any compatibility issues outside of ID conflicts.
I'd just like to point out that the same problem exists between this and The Cart Mod (ItemNet.class). I'm giving up the Cart mod for now though. :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

Elevatator wrote:And again, here it is:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3736&start=425#p66145
I feel like a smart cookie C:
Never say no to Panda.
Moldiworp2

Post by Moldiworp2 »

If your still taking suggestions, a wolf rug! Wolves drop pelts when turned into a companion slab that (other than being a sweet hat) can be placed for a 2x3 rug with a wolf head extending 1 block out from the middle block. Its been said before, but not directly to Kaos ;)

Also I searched for this because I figure someone would've said it, but a bigger mead barrel taking up 2x2x2 cube (although not necessarily all that space) naturally holding 4x the mead! YEAAAAAAAH

A low table (half block height) made of moulding/siding that will always have 4 legs even when single. It would be good to chain into a 2x2 low table when placed as such, then you could spice up your wine cellar (especially good with above bigger mead barrel idea), amp up your already japanese theme with authentic looking tables instead of half slabs, make sweet looking shelves, all good aesthetics.

Soz for the suggestion bombardment, sometimes you just need to get em out, you know?
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Moldiworp2 wrote:If your still taking suggestions, a wolf rug! Wolves drop pelts when turned into a companion slab that (other than being a sweet hat) can be placed for a 2x3 rug with a wolf head extending 1 block out from the middle block. Its been said before, but not directly to Kaos ;)
Yeah, but two companions slabs create one (living!) companion cube.
Moldiworp2 wrote:Also I searched for this because I figure someone would've said it, but a bigger mead barrel taking up 2x2x2 cube (although not necessarily all that space) naturally holding 4x the mead! YEAAAAAAAH
More mead, more fun! And it would take about 8x more.
Moldiworp2 wrote: A low table (half block height) made of moulding/siding that will always have 4 legs even when single. It would be good to chain into a 2x2 low table when placed as such, then you could spice up your wine cellar (especially good with above bigger mead barrel idea), amp up your already japanese theme with authentic looking tables instead of half slabs, make sweet looking shelves, all good aesthetics.
It´s already in! ;D
Just place a chair with an Block Dispenser
Edit: Here´s a pic of the secret block:
Spoiler
Show

And some of my thoughts:
Placeable Glowstone dust with On/Off Mode
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Kaos, could you change it so fireflies don't make noise when they "walk"?

You're able to hear a walking sound effect.

Sorry about the "demo mode" by the way.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Yamboyz1 wrote:-snip
I know what you mean. Every night I think I'm surrounded by creepers, and it's only fireflies.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it