Let's Mod Minecraft!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
RaustBlackDragon

Re: Considering doing a let's play

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

I've started recording! Please bear with my inexperience with commentating and playing at the same time :)

It should be out by some time tonight!
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
RaustBlackDragon

ffffff-

Ugh. So I was having difficulty recording, so I went to update my screen recording software for the first time since my friend gave it to me as a present. Well, I install the update, and I'm greeted with the discovery that apparently my friend pirated the thing, and now it's disabled completely. So I immediately went to buy a legitimate license key, but I can't enter it without directly contacting support about it, which I did, but it'll take some time for them to respond.

And to top it all off, I lost some pretty damn amusing footage in the process :(
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Crud :/. Shouldn't take moren'n'a day I think?
Mac

Post by Mac »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:ffffff-

Ugh. So I was having difficulty recording, so I went to update my screen recording software for the first time since my friend gave it to me as a present. Well, I install the update, and I'm greeted with the discovery that apparently my friend pirated the thing, and now it's disabled completely. So I immediately went to buy a legitimate license key, but I can't enter it without directly contacting support about it, which I did, but it'll take some time for them to respond.

And to top it all off, I lost some pretty damn amusing footage in the process :(
Can't you just reinstall the software and enter the valid key then?
Might be worth a try.

And a rather stupid question, but is the footage really lost unrecoverable?
My Youtube channel.

RaustBlackDragon

Mac wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:ffffff-

Can't you just reinstall the software and enter the valid key then?
Might be worth a try.

And a rather stupid question, but is the footage really lost unrecoverable?
Yep, I started the LP again actually, I'm in the process of uploading the first part now :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Yep, I started the LP again actually, I'm in the process of uploading the first part now :)
YESYESYES :D
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
RaustBlackDragon

Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Sothe Cuslinde

Post by Sothe Cuslinde »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Here's part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiP-aTN20P4
So far so good. Though the thread title change caught me by surprise, I thought it was a modding tutorial thread.

Also one thing I've learned is people like confident sounding people doing LPs, what I'm trying to say is try to work out the "um's" as much as possible. I know your new, just thought I'd give that small it of advice.
RaustBlackDragon

Re: Let's Mod Minecraft!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvdZLwJVkMY

I have a roughly half-hour episode I'm uploading in segments, here's part 2!
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
The Lone Wolfling

Post by The Lone Wolfling »

Episode 1 looks nice so far...

You should add them to a playlist though!
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

you definitely come across much more wolfaboo-ish in the video than you do on the forums. (I still don't see how wolves are cute... ) but definitely a nice job for a first LP. I shall continue watching.
And HOW!
RaustBlackDragon

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:you definitely come across much more wolfaboo-ish in the video than you do on the forums. (I still don't see how wolves are cute... ) but definitely a nice job for a first LP. I shall continue watching.

Yeah, I just can't help it, I think wolves are just adorable. It's something about them, the combination of those eyes, the way they move around, etc.

Of course, now most of that applies solely to my dogs, not vanilla wolves, which have, well... I'll elaborate once I see a vanilla wolf in the LP. I will be far less enthusiastic towards them :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Sothe Cuslinde

Post by Sothe Cuslinde »

So I'm guessing you're talking about the frontal lobe lobotomy that mojang did?
RaustBlackDragon

Sothe Cuslinde wrote:So I'm guessing you're talking about the frontal lobe lobotomy that mojang did?
Indeed.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Humm. So you decided not to use TTWTTTTT? Pity, I'd kinda like to see that one in action....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Spoiler
Show
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

classic joker. but... what?
And HOW!
RaustBlackDragon

jorgebonafe wrote:Humm. So you decided not to use TTWTTTTT? Pity, I'd kinda like to see that one in action....
Yeah, that and nyctophobia seemed like they'd be a bit too problematic. Plus I'd have to update TTWTTTTT, and at this point, there would definitely be conflicts between it and BTW.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:classic joker. but... what?
Watch the third part, you'll get it :P
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Enjoying this so far, waiting to see how you manage 16 dogs though. I imagine one of the things you will automate is some way of producing food for them?

Really looking forward to seeing more of the other mods, but I realize it will take a while. Loved the fact you made an ax before you had punched down an entire forest too. I always wonder when I see a LPer punching down their 15th tree, "why dontcha just make an ax?" I also loved the comment about never using a wooden tool again.

The commentary is improving, and I think your more "adventure" playstyle is always going to tend towards losing track of what you are saying when something pops up. That does look like an interesting seed there, you may want to post that in the thread or description though.

Anyhow, good luck and will be waiting to see more.
JesterxMailMan89

Post by JesterxMailMan89 »

Yay! You got started! Im watching the first episode now and I have one thing to say

You are one hell of a Wolfaboo :)

Anyway, I like that your finally starting and I can tell that its going to be a good LP. Good luck with future videos man :)
RaustBlackDragon

Wgurgh wrote:Enjoying this so far, waiting to see how you manage 16 dogs though. I imagine one of the things you will automate is some way of producing food for them?
17 dogs actually, Barky will have 16 canine friends :)

And yes, that's going to be one of the things I automate, without a doubt. There's no way I'll be able to feed them all otherwise.
Wgurgh wrote: Really looking forward to seeing more of the other mods, but I realize it will take a while. Loved the fact you made an ax before you had punched down an entire forest too. I always wonder when I see a LPer punching down their 15th tree, "why dontcha just make an ax?" I also loved the comment about never using a wooden tool again.
Hopefully it won't take TOO long, I plan on getting BTW stuff going soon, particularly hemp growth. I think the last mod you're going to see in action is gonna be MagiCats, since that requires nether stuff, and I doubt I'll have much luck finding a nether fort.
Wgurgh wrote: The commentary is improving, and I think your more "adventure" playstyle is always going to tend towards losing track of what you are saying when something pops up. That does look like an interesting seed there, you may want to post that in the thread or description though.

Anyhow, good luck and will be waiting to see more.
Thanks, I was getting the feeling that my commentary was getting better as well. I think I adjusted pretty quickly. Yeah, I'll post the seed or show it in the next episode :)
JesterxMailMan89 wrote:Yay! You got started! Im watching the first episode now and I have one thing to say

You are one hell of a Wolfaboo :)

Anyway, I like that your finally starting and I can tell that its going to be a good LP. Good luck with future videos man :)
Thanks! And yes, I am quite the wolfaboo, I know :)

Anyway, I'll need some talking points if I'm going to be doing anything less-than-interesting, does anybody have any questions they'd like to hear me answer?

I've been assembling a farm off-camera, since my attempts at commentary were quite lackluster for that part, and I think I accidentally pressed mute on my headset somewhere along the line.

If you'd like me to record stuff like that anyway, please don't hesitate to tell me!
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Well, Raust, I'm afraid I've only just got round to watching them - it's a good start, you are definitely settling into the role of LPer :).

DT seems a lot more impressive in action ... I think I'll wait and see how you work with your doggys, but at the minute it looks like sooner or later I'm going to actually have to try it (and Magicats).

And although I agree with your sentiment that Nyctophobia isn't really LP friendly, I do think you should do a mini LP to show it off once you've gotten underway with this LP :) (I think I said that before, but I still think it :P).

Oh, and also, love the accent!

Keep it up,
Eriotto
RaustBlackDragon

Eriottosan wrote:Well, Raust, I'm afraid I've only just got round to watching them - it's a good start, you are definitely settling into the role of LPer :).

DT seems a lot more impressive in action ... I think I'll wait and see how you work with your doggys, but at the minute it looks like sooner or later I'm going to actually have to try it (and Magicats).

And although I agree with your sentiment that Nyctophobia isn't really LP friendly, I do think you should do a mini LP to show it off once you've gotten underway with this LP :) (I think I said that before, but I still think it :P).

Oh, and also, love the accent!

Keep it up,
Eriotto
Thanks!

...Oh, and what accent would that be? :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

The accent with which you speak, my dear. Everyone has an accent. Although, it seems to be a fact often denied by Americans ...

Yours is hard to place, though ... I'm guessing you've moved around a bit in your life - it's subtle, and I don't know American accents enough to place it, but it does sound American rather than British. I'd say New York or L.A. play an influence as those tend to be quite subtle, though I've had little exposure to Americans.

Personally, my accent doesn't fit in anywhere. When I go to where I grew up, I'm too "English", where I live now, it's too "Scottish" and in Scotland it's too "Northern Irish". And the Welsh just don't know *what* to think about it.