BTW Deco Add-on (pre-release v0.4.5 - updated 6/11)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
kaos78414

Re: Working on a BTW addon(Prerelease out! Backup worlds fir

Post by kaos78414 »

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support. :)
Yamboyz1 wrote:Just as a very small suggestion, (more of OCD, actually... :P) could you change it so instea of hemp oil being crafted with just 1 hemp seed it's crafted with 1 hemp seed above a glass bottle? It just kind of makes sense because in the hemp oil icon the hemp oil is in a bottle. Not a glass bottle, of course, but doing that could be accomplished with a texture change.
I'll consider it. It may make the hemp oil a little more expensive which may be a plus at this point, considering anarchitect pointed out his surplus.
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Great stuff Kaos. I have only been loosely watching this, but I just had a play and it is really gorgeous :)
Spoiler
Show
Although it seems the cherry blossoms hide a deadly secret...
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Starshifterxen wrote: Although it seems the cherry blossoms hide a deadly secret...
Did that cherry blossom tree just kill a cow?

Haha, that's not intended, and I think that would be a problem with vanilla since the cherry blossom trees are essentially a retextured apple-wood tree.
Panda

Post by Panda »

My Pack has about 96% support done and ready for download
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

kaos78414 wrote: Hey FC! I didn't know you followed the thread anymore. And that does make things easier. Thanks for that! :)
Well, I don't normally (a bit too much traffic for me to keep up with), but just happened to stop in today and saw the stuff about the climbable blocks.

You're welcome, and congrats on your first release man!
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Netherbees?
Spoiler
Show
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

FlowerChild wrote:You're welcome, and congrats on your first release man!
TheAnarchitect wrote:Netherbees?
Haha. Oh wow! I actually hadn't given any thought before to the nether, but that's something I'm not too concerned with. I mean if you really want bees in the nether go for it haha.

News-related: I've got a few of the issues fixed. Bees and fireflies *sort of* try to path-find away from water. I couldn't exactly figure out how to do this, but it seems they don't go under water anymore so far as I can tell.

I also changed the pollens now to produce only flowers and not grass. About the same chance of actually getting flowers though, so there's still a small chance to fail.

And honeysuckle vines are now climbable.

I'll work on through the weekend and hopefully I can get an update to you guys soon. Thanks for all the bug/issue reports guys :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

kaos78414 wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:You're welcome, and congrats on your first release man!
TheAnarchitect wrote:Netherbees?
Haha. Oh wow! I actually hadn't given any thought before to the nether, but that's something I'm not too concerned with. I mean if you really want bees in the nether go for it haha.

News-related: I've got a few of the issues fixed. Bees and fireflies *sort of* try to path-find away from water. I couldn't exactly figure out how to do this, but it seems they don't go under water anymore so far as I can tell.

I also changed the pollens now to produce only flowers and not grass. About the same chance of actually getting flowers though, so there's still a small chance to fail.

And honeysuckle vines are now climbable.

I'll work on through the weekend and hopefully I can get an update to you guys soon. Thanks for all the bug/issue reports guys :)
Nice and hey in my TP i changed my Sakura trees to fall orange trees, your mod totally deserves the Japanese texture treatment from the person who knows it best! =]
Never say no to Panda.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Panda wrote:Nice and hey in my TP i changed my Sakura trees to fall orange trees, your mod totally deserves the Japanese texture treatment from the person who knows it best! =]
Aw thank you Panda :)
National Zombie

Post by National Zombie »

Hey!

I just wanted to say this is in fact the most awesome addon / mod i have seen... but i do have a request / suggestion..

1.) Would you add the posibility of a Thratched roof... (They used thratch in japan aswell) should be rather easy... just add a new stair block and an additional block for just a bale of hay to do the flat bit of the roof...and to make farms look pretty (at the moment i have a reskinned 32x32 netherbrick stair my Girlfriend made... but to me its abit silly that i make hay out of nethersludge and so forth)

Also has anyone started a texture pack for 32x32 support... i would like to add it to my Texture pack (Its a battosay mix with a few changes my girlfriend made...Until she changes every block and becomes a real texture pack she made it won't be released though :S)

Many Thanks

Zombie
Panda

Post by Panda »

National Zombie wrote:Hey!

I just wanted to say this is in fact the most awesome addon / mod i have seen... but i do have a request / suggestion..

1.) Would you add the posibility of a Thratched roof... (They used thratch in japan aswell) should be rather easy... just add a new stair block and an additional block for just a bale of hay to do the flat bit of the roof...and to make farms look pretty (at the moment i have a reskinned 32x32 netherbrick stair my Girlfriend made... but to me its abit silly that i make hay out of nethersludge and so forth)

Also has anyone started a texture pack for 32x32 support... i would like to add it to my Texture pack (Its a battosay mix with a few changes my girlfriend made...Until she changes every block and becomes a real texture pack she made it won't be released though :S)

Many Thanks

Zombie
My Tp supports it 100% already... didnt you read above?
Never say no to Panda.
kaspermwh

Post by kaspermwh »

This was so good when i first read about it. Now that i have played it i must say i am deeply impressed with how well it fits in, despite being all small nifty little things!

It's all about the little things i guess!

I'm excited to see what you're gonna do next :)
Last edited by kaspermwh on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Zombie

Panda wrote:My Tp supports it 100% already... didnt you read above?
Oh sorry :P i thought it was a 16x Texture pack,.. You did a nice job...

Back on topic about the mod though: I have some trouble walking though the pretty pink leaf piles on the floor, which you prob already know.
Also

Anyone using rei's minimap should turn off "Other Living" in the entities Radar Options looks scary as hell!.
kaspermwh

Post by kaspermwh »

Spoiler
Show
It's just so... aah :)

Something i noticed. The leaves on the cherry tree seem too transparent.

They behave like glass, making every leaf block behind the one you're looking at invisible.

I dont know if this is intended, normal leaves dont do that atleast :)
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

kaspermwh wrote:Something i noticed. The leaves on the cherry tree seem too transparent.

They behave like glass, making every leaf block behind the one you're looking at invisible.

I dont know if this is intended, normal leaves dont do that atleast :)
I can't talk too much, as I haven't been able to download it yet (download limits ... 1st of May can't come fast enough!).
But IMO, and judging from the screenshots I've seen already, I think this gives a nice effect, whether intentional or not. Sakura cherry blossoms are so beautifully delicate, and this "feature" seems to show that.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

National Zombie wrote:1.) Would you add the posibility of a Thratched roof... (They used thratch in japan aswell) should be rather easy... just add a new stair block and an additional block for just a bale of hay to do the flat bit of the roof...and to make farms look pretty (at the moment i have a reskinned 32x32 netherbrick stair my Girlfriend made... but to me its abit silly that i make hay out of nethersludge and so forth)
Thanks for the support! I don't think I'll be adding a thatched roof block, as wicker would seem to cover that niche quite handily. Try out the wicker blocks and see if those do it for ya. :)
National Zombie wrote:Back on topic about the mod though: I have some trouble walking though the pretty pink leaf piles on the floor, which you prob already know.
Yeah I think I can fix this, noted.
kaspermwh wrote:Something i noticed. The leaves on the cherry tree seem too transparent.

I think that's because of the light color - code-wise they are almost exact clones of vanilla leaf blocks.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Bug: The lanterns are just puttet on the wall I want them, if there is no block under them. I experimented with it, and it seems like there is a order in wich it tries to be placed. It´s no big bug, because it is easy to go around this bug by destroying all blocks around the place where it should be placed, execpt the one you want it on.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
National Zombie

kaos78414 wrote:Thanks for the support! I don't think I'll be adding a thatched roof block, as wicker would seem to cover that niche quite handily. Try out the wicker blocks and see if those do it for ya. :)
The only problem i find with using the wicker blocks there is no wicker stair... as i use stairs for my roof... opposed to it looking all blocky like (Erm... you know what i mean, Stepped incline)

Thanks for the reply though XD, keep up the work!,

Muchio love

Zombie
johnt

Post by johnt »

I think since you are going with a Japanese theme, you should add throwing stars.

Just a thought.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Elevatator wrote:Bug: The lanterns are just puttet on the wall I want them, if there is no block under them. I experimented with it, and it seems like there is a order in wich it tries to be placed. It´s no big bug, because it is easy to go around this bug by destroying all blocks around the place where it should be placed, execpt the one you want it on.
This is a known issue, I'll get to it when I can.
johnt wrote:I think since you are going with a Japanese theme, you should add throwing stars.
No. And please read the OP.
kaspermwh

Post by kaspermwh »

I think that's because of the light color - code-wise they are almost exact clones of vanilla leaf blocks.
Here, i'll show you what i mean:
Spoiler
Show
See how you can look through the leaves, and see the trunk clearly. It behaves like glass and "hides" the leafblocks that it is touching directly behind it.
You can look at the sky through the leaves and only notice the most outer layer.
Spoiler
Show
Birch trees leaves for comparison.
I hope you can see what I'm getting at.

Also something i noted, your blocks doesn't show up in Creative mode. I think flowerchild made something so that it is easily put there :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

i really like how the cherry blossom leafs look
Never say no to Panda.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Guys, before we get a flood of ideas like the ninja star....

Please follow the same guidelines for this add-on as you would for making suggestions for BTW itself. Don't just suggest things you think would be cool. Consider the theme of the mod (aesthetics and small hobbies). Mull your idea over before posting it. Read the OP twice. Just because this mod isn't being done by FC doesn't mean his rules for suggestions on his forum don't still stand. I don't want to see Kaos get inundated with all the stuff that people want but know FC wouldn't waste time on.

Looking back at some of my own participation in this thread, there is stuff I regret posting. If only because I regret setting a tone.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

kaspermwh wrote:Also something i noted, your blocks doesn't show up in Creative mode. I think flowerchild made something so that it is easily put there :)
Fixed the cherry leaves issue for next release. That was in fact a bug, thanks for pointing that out. For those that like the transparency of the leaves, I'll probably be changing the texture abit to accommodate.

As to creative mode, yeah it's just something I haven't gotten around to yet. I have to simply implement FCIBlock for each of my blocks and import all the methods, shouldn't take long. But I'm not sure if that'll be done by next release (don't have a whole lot of time this weekend).
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Oh My God. This addon is AWESOME.

The fireflies are just so simple and yet so entertaining. I love how you can catch them and make japanese lamps, that's so much fun. What I also love doing is getting my dogs to chase after them, it's hilarious and adorable. I'm impressed after literally making TWO recipes. You should feel proud of yourself, this is an epic add-on :)
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?