Your identity in music

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
DreamsofFury

Re: Your identity in music

Post by DreamsofFury »

Gilberreke wrote:We need to all go to a bar and get drunk together for that :)
Agreed, but this does give you a nice feel for people seeing thier choices in music as you know they will spend time looking for what they want to show and I'm sure I will as well. Works well in a realativly mature community as this. Lets say its also refreshing to see some of the youngish not part of the "drugs, sex, money" rap scene.

Here's my contribution regardless.

*...........almost half an hour later.......*
Spoiler
Show
Whitesnake - Here I go Again
(My personal theme song as well as I have walked most of my life alone and by myself just looking for that special something.)

HammerFall - Last Man Standing
(My determination to always succeed at anything I do and pull out on top if I can, also an epic band in itself. Also epic guitar solo at 2:18.)

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
(Same as above but this one stands for the fact I never give up and you cant stop me from doing whatever I set my mind to do.)

Hinder - Everybody's Wrong
(Betrayed by those I have thought that loved me too many times to count, this song fits me too well, also doing a cover of it soon)

Nickleback - Far Away (COVER WARNING)
(Note this is a cover I did of a song thats about always being there for the one you love and giving everything you have for that love, and yes even after all the betrayal the last song explains I still believe, please ignore the horrid singing....I suck I know..)

(Link to original song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1_x08xdNwU )

edit:fixed links
edit2: rage at links not working.....
edit3: got it WOOT, first time linking youtube on phpBB
Last edited by DreamsofFury on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Keep in mind that to use youtube tags, you only put the code after 'watch?v=' between the tags instead of the whole url.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Stormweaver wrote:Keep in mind that to use youtube tags, you only put the code after 'watch?v=' between the tags instead of the whole url.

Got it, found it in another section, edit says it all :D

Still love seeing what other people listen to and/or define as "them".
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Five? FIVE? Forget it, I can do it in one.
Spoiler
Show
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Gilberreke wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:Oh, I thought it a very cool idea too, hence my participation. I guess I was just lamenting that none of these threads never really evolves into anything more :)
I guess an internet forum is just too anonymous to really dig into things like this. We need to all go to a bar and get drunk together for that :)
I almost annotated mine to say exactly why each of the songs were included and then said "Nah, these people don't know me well enough yet." Of course that's self-defeating because if I had done that you would all know me a little bit better!
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

TheAnarchitect wrote:Five? FIVE? Forget it, I can do it in one.
Spoiler
Show

THAT is brilliant. I love the new Muppet Movie.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

TheAnarchitect wrote:Five? FIVE? Forget it, I can do it in one.
Spoiler
Show
I am not sure what one of my favorite child hood songs says about you other than the fact that you are pretty much awesome. :)
And HOW!
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Get ready for some high grade philisophical bullshit.

MahnaMahna. The word represents creativity. It is inspiration, the product of the muse. The Scruffy brings forth the product of inspiration. The pink singers are society. They built their tune around around the MahnaMahna, much as society is built on the product of the inspired. But then the scruffy singer gets into it. He steps outside his place in the tune, and creates the truly inspired song in his head. Now the singers react with disapproval, and apply social pressure until the Scruffy guy gets back in line. He sadly goes back to being a little crazy on demand, rather than truly awesomely strange like he wants to be.

That's my life experience in a nutshell. I go a little outside the box and people go "Ooh you're interesting." I go a little farther, and people go "That's genius keep it up." Encouraged and Inspired, I cut loose. Then everyone goes "Holy shit, dude, get back in the box" and I'm left shocked and depressed by the sudden hostility.

::edit:: Heh, explanation killed the thread.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.