The weirdest glitch I've seen in Minecraft so far

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
rhacer

The weirdest glitch I've seen in Minecraft so far

Post by rhacer »

I was just adding some items to render into glue in my stoked stewing pot and things didn't happen. I looked at the flame level and realized it was only one high so I ran down to the engineering level and started looking around. A gearbox was missing, the wooden block it sat on was missing. I looked a bit further and discovered that the wooden block that sits on a turntable and its redstone torch that were used to disconnect the gearbox that ran the bellows were no more too. I wondered if a Creeper had gotten in but the damage wasn't widespread enough. So I replaced the wooden block on the turntable, but before I could place the redstone torch on it, the wooden block disappeared while I was watching. I added another block and put the torch on and everything seems to be back to normal.

Very freaky.
Mrchaim

Re: The weirdest glitch I've seen in Minecraft so far

Post by Mrchaim »

You sure it wasnt just a freak fire related incident?
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Mrchaim wrote:You sure it wasnt just a freak fire related incident?
I didn't think about that and I suppose that it is somewhat possible that the first disappearance could be laid to rest by that, though the three blocks that ended up missing were not really adjacent. However, the second disappearance when I placed the block and it just blinked out of existence just can't be.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Unless you still have a fire burning in the vicinity.

Minecraft fire rules can be really weird man. If it were something other than wood, this would certainly be a mystery, but it really sound like that's what's going on.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

rhacer wrote:
Mrchaim wrote:You sure it wasnt just a freak fire related incident?
I didn't think about that and I suppose that it is somewhat possible that the first disappearance could be laid to rest by that, though the three blocks that ended up missing were not really adjacent. However, the second disappearance when I placed the block and it just blinked out of existence just can't be.
All that would need to happen there is for a fire entity to appear on one side of it, and then immeditaly cause the block to be destroyed - werid and unusual, sure, but i do believe possible.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Yeah, I'd say it's rare, not impossible. I've seen blocks catch fire the moment they're placed, and I've seen blocks die by fire the moment they catch; both happening together is just a case of chance.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Interesting. I will lay it at the feet of fire then. I find it surprising given I have never seen anything like it in my years of playing MC but it does at least make some sense.