Suggestion: Smoke Wheel?

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Albalbalb

Suggestion: Smoke Wheel?

Post by Albalbalb »

Yesterday evening I had thought about a new way to make power.

The Smoke Wheel

It works when you put a Fire under it so the smoke makes the wheel turn around

I don`t know if it is possible but it would be a great addition.

(Sorry for eventually bad english, i`m german)

Moved to the suggestions sub-forum.
/Urian

(edit:^^sorry)
If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.
James_Past

Re: Suggestion: Smoke Wheel?

Post by James_Past »

This could also be implemented by placing a wind mill on a vertical axle and placing several fires underneath it, but the point of having a water wheel is to be able to create power underground and having this would eliminate it's usefulness.
Spike

Post by Spike »

You're basically talking about a turbine. It's not powered by smoke, so much as the rising of hot air. And I think a steam turbine would be more efficient than one powered by hot air. Steam turbines are what almost all of the modern day power plants use - the variety is in how you heat the water to steam. Nuclear, coal, concentrated solar power, geothermal - they all generate heat that turns water into steam, which rises through turbines to generate power. In a closed system, you'd then run the steam through condensers, to go back into the liquid supply.
David367th

Post by David367th »

Or a steam generator power thingy

Like use a steam engine to power axels, would need coal of sorts (so making it pretty bad compared to Water Mills or Wind Mills which use renewable energy)
3Bovel

Post by 3Bovel »

I should think of just putting a burning netherrack under a water source and the steam turbine above it
Conscript Gary

Post by Conscript Gary »

That would kinda break the logic behind the nethercoal though, that being that netherrack doesn't burn hot.